India vs Windies , 2nd T20, Basseterre

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ash will be my 2nd spinner after Chahal in t20Wc , he has more pros over any other 

My gut tells me thats the best foot forward from a spin bowling perspective for a hypothetical strongest possible Indian T20 XI.  Given the bigger grounds in Aus, Ash can be handy.  Problem is setting up the rest of the XI because with Chahal, Boom and Bhuvi, Ash becomes #8 which is 1 slot too high for him.  Now if India have a top 7 that's firing smoothly, then I'd definitely go with that 4 man bowling attack.  Assuming we have a decent enough bowler to complement Pandu in the top 7 - can't go in with Pandu as solo 5th option.  

Edited by sandeep
1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Even though you watched it you are judging by outcome.  Are you saying he didn't attempt any big shot in that series of deliveries you copied from crapinfo?  Sure, he didn't succeed in getting a boundary, but doesn't mean he didn't try.  Not every time a batsman is going to succeed in the shot he attempts.  You don't decide based on 1 innings or even a couple of 10 ball innings.  You look at his skill set, execution percentage, over a larger data set.  

I was just talking about this innings. If its not coming, he should have been able to try something else to keep up the momentum.Or gone out trying.

Ofcourse he did well last game and I'm not asking for his head.But given he plays a crucial specific role,nothing bad to expect bit more reliability.

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

My gut tells me thats the best foot forward from a spin bowling perspective for a hypothetical strongest possible Indian T20 XI.  Given the bigger grounds in Aus, Ash can be handy.  Problem is setting up the rest of the XI because with Chahal, Boom and Bhuvi, Ash becomes #8 which is 1 slot too high for him.  Now if India have a top 7 that's firing smoothly, then I'd definitely go with that 4 man bowling attack.  Assuming we have a decent enough bowler to complement Pandu in the top 7 - can't go in with Pandu as solo 5th option.  

Ash does allow us to play Harshal who also can hold the bat since Ash can bowl in PP and harshal cant , incase team thinks of having batting depth which will come to play in one game of Wc for sure 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

T20 is a high risk format for batsmen, they have to look to attack almost every ball - chances of mistakes are much higher in this format.  India isn't the only team that is vulnerable to left arm pace. Its just more glaring for us because our top order is generally so much better against other types of bowling.

Hmm..well..McCoy has got 6 wickets..that is rare..so its best to right it off as a bad day for team..

However, I feel atleast SKY is being forced as opener..is not good for him..we are losing good middle order batsmen..by exposing him at the top..to play high risk cricket during more favorable bowling conditions..and perhaps..denting his confidence too in the process..