Chance india could change team ?

mani sha

14 minutes ago, Adamant said:

I have been hearing a lot about Shami in t20s these days. 

People need a reality check, Shami should have played this series, that would have been the end of all such discussions. 

Bhuvi gave everyone the reality check of a lifetime, what worse Shami can do.

Bigger question is that if Shami is so bad, why did selectors pick him for the reserves ? Or they have assumed that there is no better backups.

India a attack of sen , umran and thakur is better than Bhuvi Harshal pandya nonsense . 

why are the selectors so stupid . I mean they can go wrong in one selection but I see chahal , Bhuvi , Harshal and pant as definite wrong choices .  I pray we get thrashed by australia and South Africa . 

there is this guy called tewatia- he has hitting prowess against fastest bowlers and Spinners alike, played for Hardik's team. they should consider him.

See kuldeep sen got 3 wickets against nZ A today.

i had raised a HUGE Concern regards fielding and bowling coaches and it seems , that is coming out now. our Pacers have no plan B, bhuvi was only trying to bowl yorkers and batsman were taking those balls as full toss and hitting him any where. 

we have good fast bowlers - why were they not trained properly...prasidh, kuldeep sen , mohsin. it seems arshdeep and Bumrah are pacers who r looking good , all others dont seem to know what  to do. harshal and BHuvi are clueless. harshal has not done anything to show that he should fly to australia. CHAHAR is also average - do not think he will do any better.

I am not saying that karthiktyagi, mohsin, prasidh , siraj , Umran malik, Khaleel would have done better but at least they have the Pace , they should be the one's backed and trained harder.

only correct decision by selectors seems like arshdeep now. among spinners - yuzi chahal is a wrong decision , i have been saying this since last 15 days. axar looks like a right decision and i think india should pick him and bishnoi in spinners.

keeping - rishabh is not good as a keeper but if you back him then just back him fully...consider KL rahul as second keeper. Karthik cant be picked just to play 6 balls in the last over or drop both and play KL as Keeper as anyway both are more of batsman and less of keepers. other batsman look good.

Strengthen Pace attack- SHAMMI- is he in his 140+ form? if yes Pick him else get Khaleel Or Siraj. even 2 out of Shammi, siraj and khaleel can be picked. 

i would take Bumrah, BHuvi for his swing and bowling his 4 overs initially only, Arshdeep, Khaleel and SHAMMI ( if he is fit n in form else Siraj), Hardik in 15. 

Shardul thakur , Siraj , Prasidh , Samson and Teotia as back up options. I am impressed by Siraj and trust that He can come good.

2 minutes ago, Swag said:

The question is not 'Could India change team?', it should be 'Would India change team?'

Bishnoi's treatment after performing in a high pressure game gives you the answer.

We'll go with the usual flops and stink up the WC.

Sad indeed . I think dravid is very rigid in his coaching thought - 

he is going by ipl numbers but forgetting australia is a different place . Makes u wonder what good is his international experience ? Did we ever win in aussie with trundlers ?? 

with fast bowlers who are tall like krishna / porel / mohsin , fast and swing like siraj , fast and seam like Shami we stand a chance with bumrah as lead . 

dravids team of trundlers is perhaps lethal only in English swing conditions . 

I do feel that team will be changed if india gets thrashed mercilessly by australia . Never ever have I yearned for aussie and South African victories . 

1 hour ago, mani sha said:

Sad indeed . I think dravid is very rigid in his coaching thought - 

he is going by ipl numbers but forgetting australia is a different place . Makes u wonder what good is his international experience ? Did we ever win in aussie with trundlers ?? 

with fast bowlers who are tall like krishna / porel / mohsin , fast and swing like siraj , fast and seam like Shami we stand a chance with bumrah as lead . 

dravids team of trundlers is perhaps lethal only in English swing conditions . 

I do feel that team will be changed if india gets thrashed mercilessly by australia . Never ever have I yearned for aussie and South African victories . 

I think there are a couple of factors here,

One is player power within the team, I believe senior players have a big say in the Indian team and Dravid can only do so much (eg Kumble was thrown out), he would need players consent before making any wholesale changes.

other factor is obviously Dravid himself, he may have the attitude of playing it safe and seniority/experience in his eyes is the safest way to go.  If the team loses with senior players in it, majority of the blame will go to them (recent eg is Bhuvi/Chahal/Kohli).

I do hope the same as you, humiliation in Asia cup, hopefully humiliation against Aus/SA may finally force some changes.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, raki05 said:

Yup great man Dravid and tm ego are too high to make changes at this juncture as people will question there thought process. They can surely sacrifice another world events in the pretext of some readymade excuse but they definitely can't sacrifice their inflated ego and make any changes which might boost our chances. Isn't this the story since 2013 and result is there to see?

Hope Dravid & Selectors  gets kicked out sooner than later.. These guys are making the improvement and focus put on pace in Indian cricket over last decade a mockery and are doing more damage to the budding pacers. Kids will think no need to focus on pace with the current selections going on