Ramiz Raja's Idiotic Musings - A chronology of the Blabbering Idiot

spiritb2

'It has become a joke' - Ramiz Raja on being ousted as PCB boss

"The constitution has to be robust," Ramiz says about the constant tweaking of the guidelines

Ramiz Raja has called the Pakistan government's move to remove him as PCB chair after just one year into a three-year term "political interference".

"Politics should not be mixed up in cricket," Ramiz said on his YouTube channel. "This is a game of cricketers and a playing field for them. Some people come from outside the circle, and to adjust one person [Sethi], they had to change the entire constitution. I have not seen this anywhere in the world.

"There is etiquette to do things and it has been done in the middle of the season when teams are visiting Pakistan. Then you have changed the chief selector [Mohammad Wasim] regardless of him doing good or bad. He has played Test cricket for Pakistan, and you should make them leave with respect.

The PCB chairman Ramiz Raja was in attendance ar Multan Cricket Stadium, Pakistan vs England, 2nd Test, Multan, 2nd day, December 10, 2022

"And then he [Sethi] tweets late in the night at 2.15am that Ramiz is gone. It hurts :phehe::yay: because I have played for Pakistan. It has been made out as if a messiah [Sethi] has come, who will take the game to new heights. We know what are the motives behind it. They love the entitlement and want the limelight otherwise they have nothing to do with cricket, and they have never lifted a bat. They have changed the set-up in the middle of the season, they are bringing back Micky Arthur. Saqlain Mushtaq's tenure was ending anyway in January. Saqlain has played over 50 [49] Tests, he is a legend. This is no way to treat cricketers."

Ramiz and other PCB board members were replaced by a 14-member management committee, led by former board head Najam Sethi, by Shahbaz Sharif, who recently replaced Imran Khan as Pakistan's prime minister. The committee has 120 days to change the PCB's constitution, bringing back the 2014 version, which was replaced in 2019.

The PCB constitution - whether of 2014 or 2019 - gives the patron the right to name two direct nominees in the PCB Board of which one is elected as the chair. With the change of government usually comes a change of chairmanship and board administration, almost immediately. But as the new government - with a coalition of several political parties - worked its way through more pressing matters in the country, Ramiz stayed under the radar and continued in the position. But his exit was inevitable sooner or later.

Ramiz: 'I would say it's political interference'
"It's frustrating when you are told to step aside after 12 months when you were given a term of three years," Ramiz said. "I would say it's political interference because you want to recruit someone politically. It will not help cricket and it won't help with the [lack of] continuity. It leads to pressure on the cricket board, the system, the national team and the captain. The constitution has to be robust. It happens only in Pakistan. I will continue to raise the subject on international platforms. It has become a joke."

Under Sethi, in under a week, the PCB has terminated the contract of chief selector Wasim and disbanded all committees formed under the now-defunct 2019 constitution. This was the first decision the new board took after formally taking charge last Thursday, while also naming Shahid Afridi as interim chief selector for the ongoing New Zealand series. The committee is also expected to bring in foreign coaches in both men's and women's teams.

The Test squad picked for the New Zealand series was also reviewed; three players were later added to the original Test squad, while Sarfaraz Ahmed was elevated from the bench to replace Mohammad Rizwan in the playing XI.

The Pakistan government has already revoked the 2019 constitution the PCB was operating under and has given Sethi's committee full executive powers to revive the constitution of 2014. Apart from the changes in the board and its structure, that constitution will also bring department sides back into domestic cricket - they had been removed in 2019 after Imran became the prime minister [the PM automatically becomes the PCB's patron].

After his exit from the PCB, Ramiz could go back to broadcasting, and Sethi confirmed that the PCB woouldn't have any issues with that.

"I have great respect for him [Ramiz] and let me make it clear that he will not be barred from commentary," Sethi said. "I am aware how much pressure he was under from the top [Imran] about me and that's not his fault. Ramiz is a free man and if he is selected for commentary, he will not be stopped at any stage."

This Mofo shouldn't be allowed near any IPL event for whatsoever reason, for his bad mouthing about Indian Cricket.

Edited by spiritb2

Ramiz Raja Justifies Buying Bullet-proof Car Worth Rs 1.6 Crore; 'Received Death Threats'

Ramiz Raja, who was appointed as the chairman of the PCB in September 2021, has been sacked from the position. Najam Sethi has been reappointed.

Ramiz Raja, Pakistan Cricket Board, death threat, ramiz raja pcb chairman, ramiz raja pcb chief, ramiz raja bullet proof car, ramiz raja najam sethi,

Former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja has revealed that he received a death threat when he was the chief of the apex cricketing body.

Speaking to Samaa TV, Raja revealed that he faced a death threat while he was the chairman of the PCB, which is why he bought a car worth Rs 1.6 crore (Pakistani Rupees). The reporter had asked Raja a question about the luxurious bulletproof car that he had purchased as PCB chairman. :bow:

"That car is with PCB. I didn't buy that. My successor can also use it:yay:. I received a death threat. You can't get a bullet-proof car until you face a death threat. That's why I had it. I can't reveal the details about it (the threat). But it has been there since Australia came to Pakistan in March 2022. DIG Sahab came to my home, there was a whole report that was made. That's why I bought it,” the former PCB chairman told Samaa TV. 

Raja's appointment and removal

Ramiz Raja, who was appointed as the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board in September 2021, has been sacked from the position. Former PCB chairman Najam Sethi has taken his place as the board's new chief. Raja was appointed to the top post by former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan. After the recent Test series loss to England, Raja was sacked along with other members of the board, including chief selector Mohammad Wasim. 

Former Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi has been appointed the interim chief selector of the men's team. The decision has come just days before the home series between Pakistan and New Zealand. The Pakistan men's cricket team is scheduled to play two Tests and three ODIs against the Blackcaps. The Afridi-led committee has only been named for the series against New Zealand. The first match of the series is scheduled to be played in Karachi from December 26 to December 30. 

Source: https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/cricket-news/ramiz-raja-justifies-buying-bullet-proof-car-worth-rs-1-dot-6-crore-received-death-threats-articleshow.html

Edited by spiritb2
2 minutes ago, spiritb2 said:

Ramiz Raja Justifies Buying Bullet-proof Car Worth Rs 1.6 Crore; 'Received Death Threats'

Ramiz Raja, who was appointed as the chairman of the PCB in September 2021, has been sacked from the position. Najam Sethi has been reappointed.

Ramiz Raja, Pakistan Cricket Board, death threat, ramiz raja pcb chairman, ramiz raja pcb chief, ramiz raja bullet proof car, ramiz raja najam sethi,

Former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja has revealed that he received a death threat when he was the chief of the apex cricketing body.

Speaking to Samaa TV, Raja revealed that he faced a death threat while he was the chairman of the PCB, which is why he bought a car worth Rs 1.6 crore (Pakistani Rupees). The reporter had asked Raja a question about the luxurious bulletproof car that he had purchased as PCB chairman. :bow:

"That car is with PCB. I didn't buy that. My successor can also use it:yay:. I received a death threat. You can't get a bullet-proof car until you face a death threat. That's why I had it. I can't reveal the details about it (the threat). But it has been there since Australia came to Pakistan in March 2022. DIG Sahab came to my home, there was a whole report that was made. That's why I bought it,” the former PCB chairman told Samaa TV. 

Ramiz Raja, who was appointed as the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board in September 2021, has been sacked from the position. Former PCB chairman Najam Sethi has taken his place as the board's new chief. Raja was appointed to the top post by former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan. After the recent Test series loss to England, Raja was sacked along with other members of the board, including chief selector Mohammad Wasim. 

Former Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi has been appointed the interim chief selector of the men's team. The decision has come just days before the home series between Pakistan and New Zealand. The Pakistan men's cricket team is scheduled to play two Tests and three ODIs against the Blackcaps. The Afridi-led committee has only been named for the series against New Zealand. The first match of the series is scheduled to be played in Karachi from December 26 to December 30. 

Source: https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/cricket-news/ramiz-raja-justifies-buying-bullet-proof-car-worth-rs-1-dot-6-crore-received-death-threats-articleshow.html

One of the User's take at other Forum

Credits: Pugilist (DFI)

This is why most endeavours in this messed up country will always be f@cked.

It is all about getting power and eating from the trough like demented pigs.

Look at this duffer Ramiro Raja and the PCB.

* On the back of international tours to Pakiland, the PCB had two relative good years income wise in 2020 (Gross income of USD $41m) and 2021 (Gross income of about USD $28m).

* Note above figure are only gross and to do include expense.

* Where expenses are taken into account, 2020 PCB had an operating profit of about USD $17m in 2020 and a loss of USD $3.7m in 2021.

* Note BCCI revenue is around USD$500m or so annually possibly higher.

* So after coming into some cash flow, this Ramiz Raja duffer decides to buy a very expensive bullet proof car for him.

PCB 2021 financials for anyone wanting to do a deep dive - very interesting reading.

https://www.pcb.com.pk/downloads/Financial Statements For the Year Ended June 30 2021.pdf

Some observations:

* PCB pays income tax. BCCI is exempt from income tax.

* Pakistan Super League is worth almost nothing - USD$11m or so only in franchise fees each year and TV rights are nothing to write home about.

*PCB total assets figures are grossly inflated. I think the real PCB net assets are around USD$10 or so, possibly even less.

* I have mentioned gross revenues and net operating loss above. Not a pretty picture.

* Long and short is the PCB is not in good shape. I think this is why the western nations and others are touring there.

* Without these foreign nation’s tours, the PCB will be bankrupt. As is the Pakistani national character, they would have gone to these nations with a bowl begging for their tours.

* The PCB can only make a windfall and fill its coffers and be financially secure with Indian tours, IPL participation and TV rights from India. I suspect the BCCI and GOI knows this. That’s why they are not in a rush to help the PCB fill its coffers with Indian money.

2 hours ago, spiritb2 said:

what about his tweet. He who plans etc etc...how would a bullet proof car save him if he who plans??