RRR Creates History at golden globes

vayuu1

On 1/15/2023 at 6:42 PM, kepler37b said:

The international promotions happened after it became a sleeper hit on netflix.   And yes, at national level it was promoted like crazy.

If you pour promotions into generic balayya or vijay movie, you will become a laughing stock.

SSR movies always deliver at the box office. And it is to be noted that he made the movie for the telugu audiences as is the case for every movie that he makes. 

They aren't to blame for bollywood being mediocre. Needless to say , mediocre movies have won Oscars before , does crouching tiger hidden dragon ring a bell.... If we get past that , it's not so farfetched to see why RRR is in the contention. 

For that matter , I am a teluguite and I find RRR strictly a one time watch movie. But it's plain that the viral nature of the publicity generated overseas has had little input by SSR and Co

30 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

SSR movies always deliver at the box office. And it is to be noted that he made the movie for the telugu audiences as is the case for every movie that he makes. 

They aren't to blame for bollywood being mediocre. Needless to say , mediocre movies have won Oscars before , does crouching tiger hidden dragon ring a bell.... If we get past that , it's not so farfetched to see why RRR is in the contention. 

For that matter , I am a teluguite and I find RRR strictly a one time watch movie. But it's plain that the viral nature of the publicity generated overseas has had little input by SSR and Co

For me, someone who does not speak Telugu unfortunately, it was first exposure to NTR Jr. This guy without doubt is the best actor in India right now....i call a great actor when I see one...he has such an expressive face.... gives it his all in acting, dancing, action...he acts with his whole body... face , eyes, voice.... simply amazing....he is one of the major reasons (other reasons cgi, engaging story, ram charan n many more) why rrr is a multiple time watch not just a one time watch.... you can see for ex. , comments on YouTube , Japanese, American enthusiasts having watched it multiple times...

Edited by randomGuy

On 1/21/2023 at 5:47 PM, randomGuy said:

For me, someone who does not speak Telugu unfortunately, it was first exposure to NTR Jr. This guy without doubt is the best actor in India right now....i call a great actor when I see one...he has such an expressive face.... gives it his all in acting, dancing, action...he acts with his whole body... face , eyes, voice.... simply amazing....he is one of the major reasons (other reasons cgi, engaging story, ram charan n many more) why rrr is a multiple time watch not just a one time watch.... you can see for ex. , comments on YouTube , Japanese, American enthusiasts having watched it multiple times...

Jr NTR is a pretty good actor but the likes of Nani , Fahadh Faasil and Dhanush are far better actors from the southern states. 

SSR always plays to the strength of the lead actors , look at how Prabhas was represented in Baahubali for instance.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:17 AM, randomGuy said:

He is talented for sure and a good guy. He knows classical dance as well. He had a tough childhood and young adult life.  He was disowned by his father family because he is born out of an affair. 

On 1/14/2023 at 10:06 PM, Gollum said:

Watched it in Hindi only, loved the Sholay song at the end more.

Even Komaram Bheem song was dope. 

Komuram Bheemudo mesmerizing singing by Kala Bhairav, son of the music director MM keeravani (edit: when I used to work in Hyderabad many years back, I would hear similar sounds coming from far away temple of what i think was devotional songs in the morning, it was very peaceful and pleasent...the song took me back to that place)

This movie will go down as one of the all time best movies if not the best all time.

Edited by randomGuy

6 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Komuram Bheemudo mesmerizing singing by Kala Bhairav, son of the music director MM keeravani (edit: when I used to work in Hyderabad many years back, I would hear similar sounds coming from far away temple of what i think was devotional songs in the morning, it was very peaceful and pleasent...the song took me back to that place)

This movie will go down as one of the all time best movies if not the best all time.

Best video i have seen of this. Editing at its finest

On 1/23/2023 at 1:05 PM, bsriharsha said:

Jr NTR is a pretty good actor but the likes of Nani , Fahadh Faasil and Dhanush are far better actors from the southern states. 

SSR always plays to the strength of the lead actors , look at how Prabhas was represented in Baahubali for instance.

FF and Dhanush have done a variety of roles. 

Indian OTT bugs confuse variety of roles with excellence in acting.

On 1/21/2023 at 5:47 PM, randomGuy said:

Indian OTT bugs confuse variety of roles with acting prowess.  They demean acting prowess in our masala movies.

JrNTR is a treasure of Telugu film industry. 

PS: Welcome to jrNTR fandom 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:18 PM, bsriharsha said:

That was definitely NOT a mediocre movie.  Some people did not like it as it was a bit OTT.

Again, If you search for proofs of newton's laws in Movies, then you are doing a wrong thing.

21 hours ago, kepler37b said:

JrNTR is a treasure of Telugu film industry. 

PS: Welcome to jrNTR fandom 

I've seen jr ntr movies since his student #1 days. Don't want to argue with a fanboy. 

But i reiterate what I said before. Jr Ntr is a highly capable actor who can do various roles. But there are better actors than him around. And you have conveniently ignored Nani by the way in your earlier replies.

Edited by bsriharsha

21 hours ago, kepler37b said:

That was definitely NOT a mediocre movie.  Some people did not like it as it was a bit OTT.

Again, If you search for proofs of newton's laws in Movies, then you are doing a wrong thing.

And there are worse movies which have been given Oscars btw as well. SSR didn't make that movie with the intent of it getting on Oscar. He makes every movie knowing his audience for the producers. 

Since when does Telugu film industry need to be accepted by the rest of the country anyway , it's another fact that people liked this movie and quite a lot of other telugu movies....

Leave alone acceptance by the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

I've seen jr ntr movies since his student #1 days. Don't want to argue with a fanboy. 

But i reiterate what I said before. Jr Ntr is a highly capable actor who can do various roles. But there are better actors than him around. And you have conveniently ignored Nani by the way in your earlier replies.

I became a fan boy  after seeing his performance and variety of expressions.

I do not want to argue with a OTT bug, who thinks that varety of roles equals capability in acting. A commercial actor is in no way less than a OTT only star.

Indian critics and cinephiles are braindead fools who think that an actor acting the role of aids patient is superior to one acting as a macho hero.

Folks like bharadwaj rangan and some posters are this forum are different though.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:36 PM, kepler37b said:

I became a fan boy  after seeing his performance and variety of expressions.

I do not want to argue with a OTT bug, who thinks that varety of roles equals capability in acting. A commercial actor is in no way less than a OTT only star.

Indian critics and cinephiles are braindead fools who think that an actor acting the role of aids patient is superior to one acting as a macho hero.

Folks like bharadwaj rangan and some posters are this forum are different though.

again , you are proving what i've said. Teluguland knows the capabilities of Jr NTR and the hardships he's faced coming up. And they do rate him as a very good actor. But there are other people who are better than him ,(in various other aspects)

I loved Dosti more than Naatu Naatu as a song but Naatu Naatu's choreography takes it to whole new level. Deserved win. This movie's reception in Japan has been fantastic. Already highest grossing Indian movie in Japan (double the previous highest) and still running very strong even after 3 months of release.

5 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

again , you are proving what i've said. Teluguland knows the capabilities of Jr NTR and the hardships he's faced coming up. And they do rate him as a very good actor. But there are other people who are better than him ,(in various other aspects)

And you are proving the theory I have about cinephiles.

Just because jrntr did NOT do variety of characters as OTT stars did, does  not make him any inferior.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:54 AM, randomGuy said:

Evokes tears every time I watch it. Greatly picturized, directed and acted. No wonder Jr Chiranjeevi fans feel betrayed. Public sympathy went with Jr NTR. 

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Evokes tears every time I watch it. Greatly picturized, directed and acted. No wonder Jr Chiranjeevi fans feel betrayed. Public sympathy went with Jr NTR. 

Great to see you back sir.

agreed...great song... I have memorized Telugu lyrics (half the song till now) without understanding the meaning.. Komuram Bheemudo Komuram Bheemudo Kurrasunegadule mandalikuduko...mandalikuduko. Even the child version komma uyyala (ambar se toda) is fantastic.

Interesting what you say about Ram Charan fans...Such feeling for actors wont exist anywhere else in the world apart from south India...I think it is one of best movies ever to be made,...(I didnt like Bahubali that much)..I like to watch foreigners react and to read their comments...what a marvelous universal piece of entertainment!

9 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Great to see you back sir.

agreed...great song... I have memorized Telugu lyrics (half the song till now) without understanding the meaning.. Komuram Bheemudo Komuram Bheemudo Kurrasunegadule mandalikuduko...mandalikuduko. Even the child version komma uyyala (ambar se toda) is fantastic.

Interesting what you say about Ram Charan fans...Such feeling for actors wont exist anywhere else in the world apart from south India...I think it is one of best movies ever to be made,...(I didnt like Bahubali that much)..I like to watch foreigners react and to read their comments...what a marvelous universal piece of entertainment!

Not necessarily, agreed there is loyal fan following in the south, but fights over equal footage for stars in multi-starrers has been there in all industries. AB, Anil  Kapoor,Aamir Khan,  Akshay Kumar have all conspired with directors to get scenes of other stars cut in movies with fans crying over that. In the movie, “Love Ke Liye Kych Bhi karega”, Johnny Lever had a dialogue about the movie Shakti  where he says “Dilip Kumar ne kaccha kha gya Lambu (Amitabh) Ko”!

Edited by coffee_rules

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

There are rumors that chiranjeevi family funded the movie.

Hence a greater role for Jr chiranjeevi in that movie overall.

But jrNTR has won lot of fans in TN, kerala,KA and hindi belt. And in Japan as well.

56 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not necessarily, agreed there is loyal fan following in the south, but fights over equal footage for stars in multi-starrers has been there in all industries. AB, Anil  Kapoor,Aamir Khan,  Akshay Kumar have all conspired with directors to get scenes of other stars cut in movies with fans crying over that. In the movie, “Love Ke Liye Kych Bhi karega”, Johnny Lever had a dialogue about the movie Shakti  where he says “Dilip Kumar ne kaccha kha gya Lambu (Amitabh) Ko”!

Actors do such things but 'fans feel betrayed' only in South ...