1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

6 hours ago, Number said:

From their talks and preparation they are doing, Aussies seem really inspired to win it this time. Don't they ?

A lot of teams in the past gave up before the India tour began. I guess their win in Pakistan, drawing in SL and then steamrolling teams in their backyard has given them great confidence and the way we played in Bangladesh they see a real chance. 

Australia have had a very long summer back in Australia, so playing a tough test series vs India is the last thing they would want.

If we had Iyer and Pant, we would have creamed Australia, now Im not so sure. Not sure where the runs will come from.

Pujara,Kohli and KL will produce less than 100 runs, more likely less than 50 runs per innings. Thats 3 wickets for 50 effectively.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

One guy is practicing on scuffed up pitch against a off spin impersonator. Other guy is pumping weights as a preparation. He could have played Ranji Trophy. Oh no. That is beneath his dignity.  His only practice against spin is in the nets. Generally those practice wickets are true wickets

Failure  in this series, surely will end Kohli in Test Cricket.

Fairly confident he wont score a 100 and I dont think a chanceless 50 either.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

One guy is practicing on scuffed up pitch against a off spin impersonator. Other guy is pumping weights as a preparation. He could have played Ranji Trophy. Oh no. That is beneath his dignity.  His only practice against spin is in the nets. Generally those practice wickets are true wickets

Uncle is very smart.

If he plays Ranji he will be exposed for being fraudulent about the current form he really is in.

Where as failing in a Test Match you can mask your failures by saying it was the pitch, faced a good bowler, everyone else also failed in the team, lucky delivery etc etc.

@express bowling@raki05@Vijy

Havent heard much preamble from you guys about this series?

Would love to know your thoughts, your concerns? Is my very worrying concern justified?

Our batting line up that is 1-6 is a strong as fresh papadum. :hysterical:

I have faith in Gill but he is just not reliable yet at Test level to convert the 20s,30s or 40s that he scores into big 100s.

Fatman may score a 50 and Pujara a patient 30 off 200 balls, but the rest will just crumble.

We are not getting more than 50-80 runs out of Pujara, Kohli and KL.

I would have more faith if we played Ash, Jaddu and Axar. In fact I would bet that they will outscore Pujara, Kohli and KL.

We will only beat Australia on slow low, turners. So the other concern is if the pitch is not blown up the day before.

Not feeling much enthusiasm due to Pant"s absence. The anticipation and excitement when he walks in to bat is something else! 

I hope Rohit does a repeat of his  England series level batting and that Gill, if picked, scores big to make up for lack of runs from the usual suspects in the batting order. Jaddu has played exactly one fc match after injury layoff, so how well his fitness and form holds up is a worry. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Not feeling much enthusiasm due to Pant"s absence. The anticipation and excitement when he walks in to bat is something else! 

I hope Rohit does a repeat of his  England series level batting and that Gill, if picked, scores big to make up for lack of runs from the usual suspects in the batting order. Jaddu has played exactly one fc match after injury layoff, so how well his fitness and form holds up is a worry. 

Pant's presence alone causes mental disintegration of the opposition in Test Cricket.

In a session, he can turn the entire balance of a game to favour India.

No other current Indian player makes me excited to watch. However, mind you I so love watching Ash, Jaddu, and Axar on slow low turners.

47 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

This is going to be a tough series. I don't think people realise how pant day in day out has been rescuing this test side and with Iyer gone now i have my concerns.

Pant has masked the general failure of the batting lineup over the last few years.

We will be exposed here.

Not only tough, this is Australia's best chance for redemption.

10 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Pant has masked the general failure of the batting lineup over the last few years.

We will be exposed here.

Not only tough, this is Australia's best chance for redemption.

I am hoping Pujara comes good like he always does against aussies. If Virat can have a good one then with the likes of Gill and lower order we could win. This is make or break for Rahul. I also have no idea what to expect from Rohit and Sky. Our bowling is good so no worries on that front. 

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If Virat can have a good one then with the likes of Gill and lower order we could win.

If 3 of the top 6 perform avg or even just above we win the series easily! Last time it was 1.5 - 2.5 per game, with KL being the standout in almost every innings :whack2:

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

If 3 of the top 6 perform avg or even just above we win the series easily! Last time it was 1.5 - 2.5 per game, with KL being the standout in almost every innings :whack2:

I dont think aussies will make the same mistakes they have made in last few series. They will rotate fast bowlers and will play 2 spinners. Openers are well settled though i think warner is done. Green would be handy at Dharamshala. Aussies are a formidable side. 

29 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I dont think aussies will make the same mistakes they have made in last few series. They will rotate fast bowlers and will play 2 spinners. Openers are well settled though i think warner is done. Green would be handy at Dharamshala. Aussies are a formidable side. 

Their second string bowlers are a steaming pile of **** though. If Cummins gets tired and he will, they are screwed. 

Make no mistake this is india C right now. Even then to beat us is hard. Let's see.