Women Premier League Discussion thread - Mar 04-26, 2023 (Live on Sports 18 & Jio Cinema)

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Mostly foreign players are showing up and posting big scores... nothing of note apart from two innings of Harmanpreet and Shefali

it's mostly indian int'ls + foreigners. they should allow as many as 7 foreigners IMO

Delhi Capital

Meg Lanning, Shafali Varma, Marizanne Kapp, Jemimah Rodrigues, Alice Capsey, Jess Jonassen, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Arundhati Reddy, Shikha Pandey, Radha Yadav, Tara Norris

vs

UP Warriorz

Alyssa Healy, Shweta Sehrawat, Kiran Navgire, Tahlia McGrath, Deepti Sharma, Grace Harris, Simran Shaikh, Devika Vaidya, Sophie Ecclestone, Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad

On 3/6/2023 at 1:00 AM, Vijy said:

it's mostly indian int'ls + foreigners. they should allow as many as 7 foreigners IMO

6 is good number but allow 5 to play in a game and reduce it in future years . Too many of the world's best sitting not playing and young Indian girls who can't field bowl or bat on the park , you want to increase support game by game and year by year .

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Anyone saw this? is it any good?  I don't expect box office stuff right away as the gulf in quality between players is much higher compared to men. A random shashank can whack Ferguson all over in men's IPL. I don't think we can see stuff like that in women's IPL.

Nah.. All the australians performing as expected. The Indian talent is sad to say underwhelming poor. Navgire played one good innings so far but not the one I expected. This Deepti Sharma is so overrated. Average bowler and a pathetic batswomen. Only Harman looks the player who can match these Aussies stroke by Stroke. Mandhana has underperformed. Aussie Spinners, Big Hitters, Middle order players are everywhere.

It's an Australian Players League. I cannot see a second season happening. 

11 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

6 is good number but allow 5 to play in a game and reduce it in future years . Too many of the world's best sitting not playing and young Indian girls who can't field bowl or bat on the park , you want to increase support game by game and year by year .

most of indian domestic players are very poor. ideally, I would like it to be 8 foreigners + 3 indians. that still allows for 15 indian players all teams combined

Lol did anyone expect any different?

This was a woke woman's equality tick box exercise probably taken by BCCI to fit in the flow but they even know the domestic quality of indian women cricketers is no match for Aussie women brute hitters.. this is a way for the current india internationals to make more money.. not to improve Indian womens cricket international team standards.

Instead of wasting the money in this pointless league that will only benefit foreigners...  BCCI should have tried investing in Talent hunt programs across the country including North East.  They might have stumbled upon few world class talents.  And continue to host exhibition games alongside IPL. 

I mean the quality in Indian reserves is deplorable.  Even Int'l stars are struggling big time. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Instead of wasting the money in this pointless league that will only benefit foreigners...  BCCI should have tried investing in Talent hunt programs across the country including North East.  They might have stumbled upon few world class talents.  And continue to host exhibition games alongside IPL. 

I mean the quality in Indian reserves is deplorable.  Even Int'l stars are struggling big time. 

It will take some time before indian girls get to the level the Aussie women are at. There isn't the kind of depth to have the same ipl domestic player rules for wpl. A tournament with atleast 6 in each team for every xi would have been ideal actually.