Trundlers Premiere League

deepdynamo

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yorkers should be Umran's weapon of choice. High pace bowlers especially short ones can be mighty effective with yorkers when they land  at pace.

What about tests ? What will his stock ball be? Top of off. Back of length? 

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Short deliveries and Yorkers can never be your stock deliveries,as they require more effort than usual deliveries

Or people who are susceptible against it

These are surprise weapons,short deliveries are infact more double edged

In tests ,as they say off stump, major part of the innings

Edited by Suhaan

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Umran is good 4 years sway from being a Test bowler.  He has utility like Haris Rauf,  Ferguson in shorter formats if he tries hard enough.  Even Wood first had to go through that phase. 

At the moment Umran can lose test matches on his own with poor bowling.

He has to build muscle memory bowling at the top of off stump.  Master those lengths. 

Harshit Rana looks ready to be a Test match player to me.  I would pick him up for WI tests.  Maybe even Kuldeep Sen too. 

Gurnoor needs a few A tours to be ready as well.  Can be tried in ODIs. 

Yudhvir too has potential. 

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Umran is good 4 years sway from being a Test bowler.  He has utility like Haris Rauf,  Ferguson in shorter formats if he tries hard enough.  Even Wood first had to go through that phase. 

At the moment Umran can lose test matches on his own with poor bowling.

He has to build muscle memory bowling at the top of off stump.  Master those lengths. 

Harshit Rana looks ready to be a Test match player to me.  I would pick him up for WI tests.  Maybe even Kuldeep Sen too. 

Gurnoor needs a few A tours to be ready as well.  Can be tried in ODIs. 

Yudhvir too has potential. 

Yudhvir can crank it to 145-150. 

He can bowl 135-145 consistently imo. He has the tools. 

Rana is a beast. He already bowls 138-146 in tests. First class

Gurnoor is a natural bounce based bowler. Him bowling 135-140 alone is dangerous for first class and tests. He can touch higher. Lots of potential here. 

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Arshdeep has been going under the radar...  Utter dog shite bowling in last few games.  Very inconsistent bowler so far. 

But people won't remember it & call likes of Gurnoor Umran or Kuldeep Sen run machines. 

Trundler. Enough said.

21 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Arshdeep has been going under the radar...  Utter dog shite bowling in last few games.  Very inconsistent bowler so far. 

But people won't remember it & call likes of Gurnoor Umran or Kuldeep Sen run machines. 

Arshdeep is still taking wickets and closing out games for his team.  Just won them the game against the previous game in Mumbai defending 12 or so in the last over  yorking out two batsmen .

yesterday even Archer went for 56 and was trying to bowl at 120km. Rabada has been going for runs. Arshdeep's first over, he was unlucky, Green mistimed a couple and Ishan was beaten and edged it.  Another day and would've got wickets. Mohali is tough for raw pacers this season, you need to mix it up.  Flat pace goes for runs in Mohali this season.

Overall, he is trying 1000s of things instead of keeping it simple esp at the death. 

I don't see how you can compare him to guys like Sen or Umran.  They haven't even gotten the overs this season.  Umran has been starting with 20+ overs and has no wickets and then gets taken out of hte attack. They are not even completing their overs.  You can't judge bowlers without context of pitches and when they bowl i.e powerplay, middle, death bowling.

Edited by vice