Trundlers Premiere League

deepdynamo

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Some unknown bowlers are clocking 140k. So all is not lost.

Compare this to the 90s when I started following cricket , we had none clocking in the 140s, and now we have many unknown bowlers going past the 90 mile barrier! We have come a long way, so much so that we throw tantrums these days and call relatively quick bowlers Trundlers forgetting that we only ever had Trundlers for decades!

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Which unknown bowler ?

I and some others have followed most of them for a long time except Arshad Khan. 

I think Harshit Rana. Ganga told in the com box that he is consistently clocking over 140 kph

45 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think Harshit Rana. Ganga told in the com box that he is consistently clocking over 140 kph

Harshit Rana has been discussed on this forum for a long time. 

He was especially impressive in Ranji Trophy this season and bowled fiery fast spells. A couple of those matches were shown on TV. 

He won the Swiggy Fastest ball of the match in one game last year and has already clocked 148 kph+ this time. 

Edited by express bowling

24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Harshit Rana has been discussed on this forum for a long time. 

He was especially impressive in Ranji Trophy this season and bowled fiery fast spells. A couple of those matches were shown on TV. 

He won the Swiggy Fastest ball of the match in one game last year and has already clocked 148 kph+ this time. 

Apart from Bhuvi all the bowlers manage to cross 140 at some point. Even Ishant touched 144 kph.

If you bowl below 135 consistently in any format, my advice to all of you bowlers? Don't play cricket. Either quit or become a bowling/batting all rounder. Sorry. Just not good enough. 

135 bare minimum. Bhoobi poobi arshdeep can all quit cricket entirely or beocme all rounders. 

Arshdeep

Akash singh become a water boy maybe? 

Mukesh ? Maybe become a cameraman

Vyshak

All need to quit or become all rounders. 

6 hours ago, vice said:

Arshdeep is still taking wickets and closing out games for his team.  Just won them the game against the previous game in Mumbai defending 12 or so in the last over  yorking out two batsmen .

yesterday even Archer went for 56 and was trying to bowl at 120km. Rabada has been going for runs. Arshdeep's first over, he was unlucky, Green mistimed a couple and Ishan was beaten and edged it.  Another day and would've got wickets. Mohali is tough for raw pacers this season, you need to mix it up.  Flat pace goes for runs in Mohali this season.

Overall, he is trying 1000s of things instead of keeping it simple esp at the death. 

I don't see how you can compare him to guys like Sen or Umran.  They haven't even gotten the overs this season.  Umran has been starting with 20+ overs and has no wickets and then gets taken out of hte attack. They are not even completing their overs.  You can't judge bowlers without context of pitches and when they bowl i.e powerplay, middle, death bowling.

At the end of the day he lacks 2 things. Pace and bounce. He is done for india. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

At the end of the day he lacks 2 things. Pace and bounce. He is done for india. 

Bounce is actually his forte, he's still getting wickets by bouncing out batsmen just like against Pak in t20wc.  It's the inbetween bouncers and yorkers is  where he has issues.  His speed varies, many posters reported him bowling high 130s and hitting 143kmh just a couple of games ago where he broke the stumps.  

Not really talking about whether he should play for the national team. It was about putting stats into context.  There are lots of other prospects who have better raw ingredients.

None of the prospect pacers are lighting up the IPL either this season. Umran and Sen haven't had any impact though part of the blame goes to the captain for not letting them bowl out their quota of overs. Prasidh injured. Yudhvir not getting more chances on slowish Lucknow pitches. Harshit had  decent outing today and looks decent prospect for other formats.  Shami has been the pick of the pacers, then Siraj second who at times also blows hot and cold. so Shami and Siraj are locked in.  3rd spot is up for grabs. 

My point was regarding economy and putting it into context wrt to pitches and conditions.  Archer was bowling 150+ there and got carted around as well for 56 runs in Mohali. It was also poor bowling from Arshdeep as well  in the last 3 overs by him.

15 minutes ago, vice said:

Bounce is actually his forte, he's still getting wickets by bouncing out batsmen just like against Pak in t20wc.  It's the inbetween bouncers and yorkers is  where he has issues.  His speed varies, many posters reported him bowling high 130s and hitting 143kmh just a couple of games ago where he broke the stumps.  

Not really talking about whether he should play for the national team. It was about putting stats into context.  There are lots of other prospects who have better raw ingredients.

None of the prospect pacers are lighting up the IPL either this season. Umran and Sen haven't had any impact though part of the blame goes to the captain for not letting them bowl out their quota of overs. Prasidh injured. Yudhvir not getting more chances on slowish Lucknow pitches. Harshit had  decent outing today and looks decent prospect for other formats.  Shami has been the pick of the pacers, then Siraj second who at times also blows hot and cold. so Shami and Siraj are locked in.  3rd spot is up for grabs. 

My point was regarding economy and putting it into context wrt to pitches and conditions.  Archer was bowling 150+ there and got carted around as well for 56 runs in Mohali. It was also poor bowling from Arshdeep as well  in the last 3 overs by him.

That's what I meant. He lacks consistent bounce. 

25 minutes ago, vice said:

point was regarding economy and putting it into context wrt to pitches and conditions.  Archer was bowling 150+ there and got carted around as well for 56 runs in Mohali. It was also poor bowling from Arshdeep as well  in the last 3 overs by him.

Archer got carted by Livingstone while Arshadeep was getting toasted throughout his 4 overs,Kishan and others had no issues depositing him over ropes

Edited by Suhaan

28 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Archer got carted by Livingstone while Arshadeep was getting toasted throughout his 4 overs,Kishan and others had no issues depositing him over ropes

And for gazillionth time I have to correct you. And I already know your response.

Isn't three good seasons enough. Bowler can be out of form sometimes. Have you forgotten his world cup performance already? Or the last over against Mumbai just two games ago?

13 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

And for gazillionth time I have to correct you. And I already know your response.

Isn't three good seasons enough. Bowler can be out of form sometimes. Have you forgotten his world cup performance already? Or the last over against Mumbai just two games ago?

Really don't want to respond in a way you expect me to do but,you are such an annoying prick,who keeps doing irritating things without knowing context

And for the gazillionth time do I need to remind you , don't quote me ever!

Edited by Suhaan

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

Perth.

Enough said.

What happened in Perth? One fluke innings in helpful conditions. What happened when the wickets get flat? Trundler. Period. Headshot. Bang. 

58 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

T20 format anyone can get hit, they can have bad day. So I personally won't dissect much into it.

The issues which I see with Arshdeep is his utility is strictly in T20's, also as he don't have natural pace even for ODI's. 

Strictly for T20's, Arshdeep has a case...in ODI' and Tests...it's a strict no no (unless there is heavily favourable conditions).

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Really don't want to respond in a way you expect me to do but,you are such an annoying prick,who keeps doing irritating things without knowing context And for the gazillionth time do I need to remind you , don't quote me ever!

Looks like it was lone wolf this time, not you.

(I post normally most of the time, in match threads, even here, but one of the guys here for some reason ignores all my replies. So there's another reason. But maybe you are not involved in it.)

I won't interrupt you. Post whatever you like. I am just against fanaticism and absolutism.

33 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

T20 format anyone can get hit, they can have bad day. So I personally won't dissect much into it.

The issues which I see with Arshdeep is his utility is strictly in T20's, also as he don't have natural pace even for ODI's. 

Strictly for T20's, Arshdeep has a case...in ODI' and Tests...it's a strict no no (unless there is heavily favourable conditions).

Arshdeep is an inferior version of Sam Curran.

Sam Curran can do all that Arshdeep can do and on top of that he is an excellent batsman. That is why he is a must in England white ball XI. ( even though he is a trundler and can be destroyed on flat wickets).

Trundlers have a place in every T20 team. Its just that you can't be a unidimesional trundler.