Trundlers Premiere League

deepdynamo

9 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

Arshdeep is an inferior version of Sam Curran.

Sam Curran can do all that Arshdeep can do and on top of that he is an excellent batsman. That is why he is a must in England white ball XI. ( even though he is a trundler and can be destroyed on flat wickets).

Trundlers have a place in every T20 team. Its just that you can't be a unidimesional trundler.

Exactly

48/70 games completed. Each team has played around 9/10 games so far.

Here is my updated list of fast bowlers in India that has been given at least one game in IPL 2023 (except for the ruled out bowlers like Bumrah & Prasidh)

Let me know if any bowler is missing.

Top Tier Fast bowlers
M Siraj
M Shami
J Bumrah ( injured)
H Pandya ( can bat)

High Potential Fast bowlers
Prasidh  ( injured)
Mohsin Khan 
Kuldeep Sen
Umran Malik

High potential but untested

Kartik Tyagi
Yudhvir Singh
Harshit Rana

Talented Trundlers
Arshdeep Singh
Shardul Thakur ( can bat)
Deepak Chahar (can bat)
T Natrajan

Oldies but still relevant somewhat
Umesh Yadav
Bhuvi Kumar
Sandeep Sharma
Mohit Sharma
Ishant Sharma

Washed out but still persisted somehow

J Unadkat ( injured)
Avesh Khan
Harshal Patel

Khaleel Ahmed

Navdeep Saini

Rookies ( but not impressive)

Tushar Deshpande (CSK)
R Hangrakerkar (CSK)
Akash Singh (CSK)

Mukesh Kumar (DC)
Chetan Sakariya (DC)

Yash Dayal (GT)

K Khejroliya (KKR)
Vaibhav Arora (KKR)

Yash Thakur (LSG)

Arshad Khan (MI)
Arjun Tendulkar (MI)
Akash Madhwal (MI)

Gurnoor Brar (PK)

KM Asif ( RR)
Kuldip Yadav (RR)

Akashdeep (RCB)
V Vyshak(RCB)

2 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

48/70 games completed. Each team has played around 9/10 games so far.

Here is my updated list of fast bowlers in India that has been given at least one game in IPL 2023 (except for the ruled out bowlers like Bumrah & Prasidh)

Let me know if any bowler is missing.

Top Tier Fast bowlers
M Siraj
M Shami
J Bumrah ( injured)
H Pandya ( can bat)

High Potential Fast bowlers
Prasidh  ( injured)
Mohsin Khan 
Kuldeep Sen
Umran Malik

High potential but untested

Kartik Tyagi
Yudhvir Singh
Harshit Rana

Talented Trundlers
Arshdeep Singh
Shardul Thakur ( can bat)
Deepak Chahar (can bat)
T Natrajan

Oldies but still relevant somewhat
Umesh Yadav
Bhuvi Kumar
Sandeep Sharma
Mohit Sharma
Ishant Sharma

Washed out but still persisted somehow

J Unadkat ( injured)
Avesh Khan
Harshal Patel

Khaleel Ahmed

Navdeep Saini

Rookies ( but not impressive)

Tushar Deshpande (CSK)
R Hangrakerkar (CSK)
Akash Singh (CSK)

Mukesh Kumar (DC)
Chetan Sakariya (DC)

Yash Dayal (GT)

K Khejroliya (KKR)
Vaibhav Arora (KKR)

Yash Thakur (LSG)

Arshad Khan (MI)
Arjun Tendulkar (MI)
Akash Madhwal (MI)

Gurnoor Brar (PK)

KM Asif ( RR)
Kuldip Yadav (RR)

Akashdeep (RCB)
V Vyshak(RCB)

Gurnoor Brar should be included in high potential but not tested. Arshad Khan and Hangargekar too have potential. Khaleel is also not washed out. He is one of the best Indian pacer in IPL. 53 wickets in 38 games at 23. ER 8.5.  he is a sure starter in his team when fit.

Edited by rkt.india

22 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Gurnoor Brar should be included in high potential but not tested. Arshad Khan and Hangargekar too have potential. Khaleel is also not washed out. He is one of the best Indian pacer in IPL. 53 wickets in 38 games at 23. ER 8.5.  he is a sure starter in his team when fit.

Gurnoor Brar needs to get opportunity and atleast impress in a game or two to come in " High Potential and not tested".

Arshad Khan and Hangergekar did get few opportunity but for me they weren't been able to break the ceiling yet. ( in comparison Harshit Rana looked the part rightaway)

Khaleel ia the curious case. He has the golden opportunity few years back at age 22, played decent amount of white ball for India and blew it away. Now an IPL mercenary ( as he hardly play domestic), he is a case of washed out for me as he has no intention to break back into Indian team contention and happy millking IPL. I see him.no differnwt that Harshal, Avesh or Unadkat. Adequate at IPL level ( just because of 10 IPL teams) but their time has gone.

23 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Khaleel is Munaf Patel version 2.0, has the ability to bowl fast, but with poor attitude they choose to remain mediocre and trundle instead. Plus is handicapped in batting and fielding. 

Him and Sandeep Sharma are good for IPL only, anything above that is a disaster.

Edited by singhvivek141

35 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

Gurnoor Brar needs to get opportunity and atleast impress in a game or two to come in " High Potential and not tested".

Arshad Khan and Hangergekar did get few opportunity but for me they weren't been able to break the ceiling yet. ( in comparison Harshit Rana looked the part rightaway)

Hangargekar has gotten a raw deal, he bowled well in limited games, is a good fielder and a useful slogger with the bat. 

Arshad seems okaish for now. Hasn't shown any peculiar skill for far which separates him from the crowd. He can't swing the ball the way Mukesh Choudhary does, nor gets the bounce like Mohsin. He is just there...that's it.

Gurnoor is untested with bowl, but even he has big hitting ability which is a useful utility. Don't know why bjt he kinda reminds me of Manpreet Gony.

14 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Khaleel ia the curious case. He has the golden opportunity few years back at age 22, played decent amount of white ball for India and blew it away. Now an IPL mercenary ( as he hardly play domestic), he is a case of washed out for me as he has no intention to break back into Indian team contention and happy millking IPL. I see him.no differnwt that Harshal, Avesh or Unadkat. Adequate at IPL level ( just because of 10 IPL teams) but their time has gone.

This is my concern. Imo if you don't do well in ranji and India a tours then you shouldn't be allowed to play in IPL.  There has to be a performance bonus incentives in place to ensure the youngins don't become mercenaries for t20 leagues. 

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

They have the right over their careers. 

Not saying they don't but Ideally we should also aim to give bonuses to A tour performances and ranji comps to keep them engaged in test cricket as its the pinnacle of the sport. 

Or just cancel odis. We don't need odis anymoee. T20 and tests are more than sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

This is my concern. Imo if you don't do well in ranji and India a tours then you shouldn't be allowed to play in IPL.  There has to be a performance bonus incentives in place to ensure the youngins don't become mercenaries for t20 leagues. 

There is nothing wrong in players prioritising their careers. We have umpteen cricketers. Canvas expansion is required so that as many as possible could play. Pool will become bigger. More possibility of getting better players.

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There is nothing wrong in players prioritising their careers. We have umpteen cricketers. Canvas expansion is required so that as many as possible could play. Pool will become bigger. More possibility of getting better players.

Yes that's fine but cancel odi. No one cares for it anymore. Just play tests and t20. T20 world cup is happening every 2 years anyway. It's just way too many games and top players get fatigued due to excess work load.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yes that's fine but cancel odi. No one cares for it anymore. Just play tests and t20. T20 world cup is happening every 2 years anyway. It's just way too many games and top players get fatigued due to excess work load.

ODIs are the best format to groom young players. T20 is a cruel format 

Don't think we will see any new fast bowlers in the fag end of IPL anymore.

Trundlers will keep getting extended opportunities ( even though they have lost numerous matches this season).

High pace bowlers will mostly be benched in favor of safe and slow bowlers. 

Sen, Umran, Tyagi & Yudhvir unlikely to get games now.

Only positive is that we will see Harshit Rana getting next 4-5 games and see if he can be consistent.

3 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Don't think we will see any new fast bowlers in the fag end of IPL anymore.

Trundlers will keep getting extended opportunities ( even though they have lost numerous matches this season).

High pace bowlers will mostly be benched in favor of safe and slow bowlers. 

Sen, Umran, Tyagi & Yudhvir unlikely to get games now.

Only positive is that we will see Harshit Rana getting next 4-5 games and see if he can be consistent.

One solace I have is that this IPL has been equally poor for trundlers as well, they are equally exposed this season despite being favoured heavily by the IPL captains.

The star performers in this season (so far) were mostly Indian young batters who leapfrogged the seasoned Indian and Overseas batters in terms of impact.

Ruturaj, Jaiswal, Jurel, Tilak etc have exposed the Indian stat padders who think for personal milestones first. It may not have an immediate impact, bit it will force them to come out of the comfort zone because some people will question their intent.

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

One solace I have is that this IPL has been equally poor for trundlers as well, they are equally exposed this season despite being favoured heavily by the IPL captains.

The star performers in this season (so far) were mostly Indian young batters who leapfrogged the seasoned Indian and Overseas batters in terms of impact.

Ruturaj, Jaiswal, Jurel, Tilak etc have exposed the Indian stat padders who think for personal milestones first. It may not have an immediate impact, bit it will force them to come out of the comfort zone because some people will question their intent.

What's the logic behind selecting trundlers? I am ok with us selecting tall bowlers who have bounce and trundle as they can still be very useful. But why pick short trundlers. Why? I don't understand. 

It's not like short trundlers are lighting up ranji?? 

They clearly know pace and bouncy bowlers do the damage in sena. In Asia it's not much different. 

They surely know bowling 125-130 pace vs local ranji boys vs int batsmen is a whole another ball game. Mukesh Kumar might have a stunning ranji record but it is the tall bouncy kuldeep sen that will hurt the foreigners even on Indian pitches. We all know this. Yet we choose trundlers.