Team India's squad for Asia Cup Announced - KL, Shreyas back and Tilak Varma included

tweaker

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Cricbuzz saying Kishan will make it to both Asia Cup & WC.... And possible option is to let him open & push Gill to Middle order 

@Lord this is peak Rahul Dravid 2007 repeat very much on... :hysterical:

@putrevus how bout this move

nah don't think its true. They are bad but not this dumb.

Ishan is just a reserve opener/keeper.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

nah don't think its true. They are bad but not this dumb.

Ishan is just a reserve opener/keeper.

If Rahul doesn't get fit or if Kishan somehow fires in Asia Cup...  I think it would be very much true. 

Kishan is getting some serious push all of a sudden & I can't rule out anything lol:hysterical:

If SKY is designated finisher...  Gill in MO would be other piece Dravid's personal jigsaw puzzle:potstir:

69D chess...  WallBall

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

If Rahul doesn't get fit or if Kishan somehow fires in Asia Cup...  I think it would be very much true. 

Kishan is getting some serious push all of a sudden & I can't rule out anything lol:hysterical:

If SKY is designated finisher...  Gill in MO would be other piece Dravid's personal jigsaw puzzle:potstir:

69D chess...  WallBall

Kishan will play in middle order then. He has done it before so makes more sense. 

Only way Gill will be in MO if Iyer doesn't recover. Then too Gill will be at 3 and Kohli 4. 

Surely Kishan is much more suited to being an opener than a no 4?? He seems to have e hit form and opens with intent 

I would like Gill at 3 and Virat at 4 ,but it won't happen.be9

If KL and Iyer are not fit for Asia Cup, do we pick them for World Cup? I do not think so. There's not enough matches for them to get time in the middle between Asia and World cups. Keep Samson and Sky in the middle order to find their feet.

I can imagine KL painfully scratching himself back into form in World Cup matches... no thank you!!

12 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Cricbuzz saying Kishan will make it to both Asia Cup & WC.... And possible option is to let him open & push Gill to Middle order 

@Lord this is peak Rahul Dravid 2007 repeat very much on... :hysterical:

@putrevus how bout this move

The problem is Kohli. His spot is sealed and not even open to debate. Otherwise, a top 3 of Ishan, Rohit, and Gill is not the worst idea in the World. 

So KL , Iyer and Pant are 100% ruled out of the World Cup now. Don't see the first two coming back straight into the tournament even if they recover. 

Asia Cup and the Australian ODIs should be used to build a capable middle order rather than usual stat padding. We should try Gill at 3, push Kohli down to 4, try Kishan and Samson at 5 and 6 for all games by playing one of Jadeja/Pandya at 7. 

19 minutes ago, SM2907 said:

Kohli should move to 4.- Gill at 3

There are trade-offs to most of these decisions. That's the issue. Many think that Ishan and Shubman are not great in the middle overs but their records against spin are actually superior to both Kohli and Sharma at least since 2020. Assuming all 4 have to play and are in the top 4, then it has to be

Sharma

Kohli

Shubman

Ishan

That's a top 3 with only right-handers but with these 4 it's the only way to go about it. Kohli has the lowest strike rates both against pace and against spin among these 4 since 2020. But at least against pace, he strikes at 102 as against his strike rate of 89 against spin. RS is also 89 against spin but 108 against pace. 

9 hours ago, Sooda said:

Surely Kishan is much more suited to being an opener than a no 4?? He seems to have e hit form and opens with intent 

I would like Gill at 3 and Virat at 4 ,but it won't happen.be9

If KL and Iyer are not fit for Asia Cup, do we pick them for World Cup? I do not think so. There's not enough matches for them to get time in the middle between Asia and World cups. Keep Samson and Sky in the middle order to find their feet.

I can imagine KL painfully scratching himself back into form in World Cup matches... no thank you!!

Asia Cup is 50 over tournaments, I wish we need 2 keeper in playing XL (Samson too) it's not easy to open for Ishan if he kept wicket for 300 ball 

18 minutes ago, Tarak9 said:

Asia Cup is 50 over tournaments, I wish we need 2 keeper in playing XL (Samson too) it's not easy to open for Ishan if he kept wicket for 300 ball 

Many keepers have opened the innings in the past. Gilly, De kock, Haddin, Bairstow, Akmal etc...

No point playing two keepers in the XI unless both are exceptional batters and fielders (ABD, Baz, Butler etc).