Gukesh wins World Chess Candidates 2024. Becomes youngest ever contender for World Chess Championship crown.

rangeelaraja

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Back to chess

Sagar Shah interviews Gukesh

I am glad you brought it back to chess. let's leave politics aside for now and focus on gukesh vs ding dong

On 4/23/2024 at 6:08 AM, Vijy said:

in a way it's good because it improves gutkesh's chances, as opposed to having some genuinely fearsome beast to face (like peak kasparov or carlsen). let him beat this fellow and take the win: it will be big for indian chess if it happens

Gutkesh :((

Why man why. Why club this kid with that loser trundler? 

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Congrats to him.

[Saala, seeing so many references to Gutkesh in IPL forum, I thought his name was Gutkesh!]

Same lol. Instant ban if someone calls him gutkesh lol. This guy is a top contender not a trundler. 

19 hours ago, Kron said:

Same lol. Instant ban if someone calls him gutkesh lol. This guy is a top contender not a trundler. 

I knew what his name is very well, and yet even I got suckered into calling him gutKesh once by mistake. good thing @Gollum pointed it out.

gukesh at 17 is ~10-100x the player Gutkesh mukesh coomer is.

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Pappu and gukesh in the same sentence; I've seen it all now

Chess experts here @randomGuy @Mariyam @Gollum etc, how much of this is hogwash or you can relate to:

1. Kasparov is a non-libear thinker, wtf does it mean as a chess player?

2. Does chess strategies use the most strongest piece of the opponent work for you?

3. How about the game being focussed on the center while you don't care about the sides?

4. French defense, Sicilian whatever - can anyone fact check please. 

I am intrigued. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Chess experts here @randomGuy @Mariyam @Gollum etc, how much of this is hogwash or you can relate to:

2. Does chess strategies use the most strongest piece of the opponent work for you?

3. How about the game being focussed on the center while you don't care about the sides?

I am intrigued. 

Point number 2 is uncommon if you are playing even a mid level Opponent. You expect very weak opponent to not coordinate his pieces or let his piece block other pieces, so 'his piece work for you'. Looks like he is playing weak opponents. And since you get paired with opponents of similar strength on chess websites, Rahul himself could be a weak player...idk, he should have mentioned his rating... Anyone can mention name of the openings , centre control etc it doesn't mean anything.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I am intrigued. 

Hardly an expert.

1. I guess it means evaluating many moves which could be played which are not necessarily sequential in their approach.

2,3,4 is used for pun value. When he says pressure the centre, control the centre its quite obvious what is being spoken about.

For a change, a relatively well made video on RaGa.

The first part is hilarious: he beat the person who taught him chess the first time they played :lol:

Surprised he mentioned the Sicilian Dragon and the French defense, but didn't talk about the Italian game. :winky: