11 vs Pak: Given Iyer just coming back and KL out

Sooda

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

In the last 3 years England is the only team that has a run rate over 6.02 to be precise. India 2nd with 5.99.  Australia is behind Pakistan. In T20 they have power hitters like Marsh up the order.Maxwell down the order. Also Maxie and Marsh can bowl, Maxie can bowl, Stoinis can bowl. They are coincidentally dangerous hitters. THey have Green too. In terms of balance India is not even in the same planet. 

Australia haven't played their full strength all the time. I don't rate England as high this time for power hitting. Theyre probably 2nd to Australia.  

45 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

SA have fast scoring grounds... You can bat at fast tempo there. 

In LPL we saw absolute low scoring games on slowish pitches...  Sri lanka hasn't been high scoring off late. 

Rovid should look at the conditions first.  I reckon 260-270 are match winning here. 

On slow scoring grounds, even England won't be able to go hard all the 50 overs. On a flat, fast scoring ground, Australia will outscore any team currently. I don't back the current versions of Roy, Stokes, Root, Bairstow, Buttler to outpace them

38 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Australia haven't played their full strength all the time. I don't rate England as high this time for power hitting. Theyre probably 2nd to Australia.  

Australia recently in India scored 61/0 in the first 10. India scored 67/1 in the first 10. Chasing a modest total of 267 India imploded from 146/2 in 28th over to 248 all out. We couldn't score  123 runs in 22 overs with 8 wickets in hand.  India has bigger problem with finishing if they lose a lot of wickets in the first 10.  Australia has a lot of sacrificable wickets like Marsh whose wicket doesn't matter for them. Stoinis is another. THey can cover in other areas.

Edited by vvvslaxman
52 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

On slow scoring grounds, even England won't be able to go hard all the 50 overs. On a flat, fast scoring ground, Australia will outscore any team currently. I don't back the current versions of Roy, Stokes, Root, Bairstow, Buttler to outpace them

Smith Warner aren't the typical fast scoring guys anymore. 

Marsh yes...  Keeper Carey is also not in league of Bairstow or Buttler. 

I think likes of Brooks,  Phil Salt, Will Jacks are very very explosive players. 

Phliipee,  Short aren't exactly lighting up leagues too.  Phillipee failed at Int'l level too. 

Tim David is yet to make debut in ODIs. 

Aussies also are not that inventive or 360 degree likes Poms. 

Ramiz said lankan pitches have been relaid recently hence they have lost high scoring attributes. 

So it will most likely will be a low scoring Asia Cup. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think likes of Brooks,  Phil Salt, Will Jacks are very very explosive players. 

Phliipee,  Short aren't exactly lighting up leagues too.  Phillipee failed at Int'l level too. 

Ramiz said lankan pitches have been relaid recently hence they have lost high scoring attributes. 

Ashes proved that Australia can get into a shell. Marsh was the only one who played aggressive in the Ashes> Travies head by nature is aggressive. But he is not like Bairstow or Buttler.

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Short is playing really well even today. I agree that only one of Smith/Warner should play. And I think it should be Warner. 

Josh Philippe has not had a proper run in ODI's.  Would be a better option than Carey.  Cameron Green is a massive striker of the ball as well. Phil Salt and Will Jacks bat in the top order where there is no space. Australia have more options. many of these guys have batted in different positions in domestic.

11 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Short is playing really well even today. I agree that only one of Smith/Warner should play. And I think it should be Warner. 

Josh Philippe has not had a proper run in ODI's.  Would be a better option than Carey.  Cameron Green is a massive striker of the ball as well. Phil Salt and Will Jacks bat in the top order where there is no space. Australia have more options. many of these guys have batted in different positions in domestic.

I saw Phil Salt score a fast 40-50 odd a year ago in a T20I in WI at no 5-6.

I think sheer talent wise English batting factory is overflowing ATM.  Brooks played some ridiculous shots today. 

Total no at Cameron Green..  He has a Tall frame & long levers but he is not a out n out modern day stroke player.  His basics are strong & he mostly plays conventional shots.  No reverse,  laps,  switch hits.  Smashing some runs at Wankhede at IPL doesn't counts.  Salt owned Siraj on a slow deck of Kotla. 

Someone like Ben Duckett walks into Australian T20 side or Indian side coz how he plays spin in particular. 

Unless & until you cannot play reverse sweeps,  laps & switch hits it is impossible to score 10 RPO against quality spin these days. 

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I saw Phil Salt score a fast 40-50 odd a year ago in a T20I in WI at no 5-6.

I think sheer talent wise English batting factory is overflowing ATM.  Brooks played some ridiculous shots today. 

Total no at Cameron Green..  He has a Tall frame & long levers but he is not a out n out modern day stroke player.  His basics are strong & he mostly plays conventional shots.  No reverse,  laps,  switch hits.  Smashing some runs at Wankhede at IPL doesn't counts.  Salt owned Siraj on a slow deck of Kotla. 

Someone like Ben Duckett walks into Australian T20 side or Indian side coz how he plays spin in particular. 

Unless & until you cannot play reverse sweeps,  laps & switch hits it is impossible to score 10 RPO against quality spin these days. 

There is no evidence that any of these English guys will do well on a slow deck. Even at their peaks in 2015-2019, they failed on every slow deck - there was a Cricviz analysis. Brook has failed in the IPL as well I'm talking about fast, flat tracks. At this point in time, Australia's best 7 hitters can outhit England's best 7

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

There is no evidence that any of these English guys will do well on a slow deck. Even at their peaks in 2015-2019, they failed on every slow deck - there was a Cricviz analysis. Brook has failed in the IPL as well I'm talking about fast, flat tracks. At this point in time, Australia's best 7 hitters can outhit England's best 7

Except Marsh &,  Tim David none of them can...  We saw that in Australiain WT20 & in the T20 series before that. 

The ones playing SA are okayish at best. 

These Highveld venues are extremely fast scoring.  Ball travels there. 

Likes of Brooks,  Ben Duckett did very well in Pakistan in T20I series there.  Pakistan fielded a full strength attack there. 

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Except Marsh &,  Tim David none of them can...  We saw that in Australiain WT20 & in the T20 series before that. 

The ones playing SA are okayish at best. 

These Highveld venues are extremely fast scoring.  Ball travels there. 

Likes of Brooks,  Ben Duckett did very well in Pakistan in T20I series there.  Pakistan fielded a full strength attack there. 

This is at Durban, not Johannesburg or Centurion. So, it is impressive especially since the ground was used a couple of days ago as well.  

Pakistan's bowling attack was nowhere near full strength. Shaheen was missing throughout, Naseem played only the 1st game I think and Shadab only played the last 3 games.

The way they have practiced it will be Ishan most probably playing in the middle order.

Want him to do extremely well next 2 games so that we don't have to see KL being choker in big games going forward.

Although I think his motivation is all gone as he knows even if he scores a 300, Dravid will still throw him out for KL.

Edited by Number
2 hours ago, Number said:

The way they have practiced it will be Ishan most probably playing in the middle order.

Want him to do extremely well next 2 games so that we don't have to see KL being choker in big games going forward.

Although I think his motivation is all gone as he knows even if he scores a 300, Dravid will still throw him out for KL.

That makes sense.  It would be tedious to move the whole batting order down to play Ishan Kishan at the top. Keep the top 4 constant with Ro, Gill, Rat and Iyer

5 will be Kishan or Samson/KL based on whoever is doing well in the position

Hahaha.. We are talking about 2 mediocre sides battling it out but look at Eng and Aus.. Absolutely pummeling NZ and SA at their respective homes something which neither of us Or padosis can do. They have played newcomers who are performing like beasts. Abbott, Short, Ellis, Atkinson. They all look hungry, passionate to win. I have no hopes of our frauds doing anything at all in Asia Cup and WC.