11 vs Pak: Given Iyer just coming back and KL out

Sooda

I like your top 4. That is probably the best combination that we could go with.

But i feel that Iyer will definitely play when you consider the fact that he's 100% fit already and they will definitely give him as much match practice as possible before the World Cup.

Kishan

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Iyer

Pandya

Jadeja

$$$$$

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj 

$$$$ - Anyone out of Axar, Shami, Shardul or even Prasidh could play really. It's just pure guess work at this point..

1st game vs Pak (2nd Sept) is not that crucial.  We can afford to lose that one and still proceed to next stage , if we beat Nepal on 4th Sept.   It's the 2nd stage which is more imp.  That gives me a glimmer of hope that Iyer can get accustomed to intl cricket by the time 2nd stage starts.   (Assuming he plays both games of group stage)

Considering Rahul and Iyer are injured and Rohit ,Virat are able to take more responsibility we have can decent middle order.

Gill

Kishan

Tilak

Virat

Rohit

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj

As Tilak.is highly rated by team management, captain,coach,selectors and he is directly selected for Asia cup withot playing any odi,he can play at no 3.

We will bring variety to batting being left hander and also can bowl some offspin.

This lineup is good mixture of youth and experience ,left and right combination,different types of spin bowling  and good pace attack of Bumrah, Siraj,Shami

45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rohit is very susceptible to Left Arm Seamers swinging the ball in early in the innings. And Shaheen does it.

So, it is better if we have a left / right combo at the top and Rohit comes at 4. 

Good shout. One concern would be Rohit ability to find gaps and accumulate briskly in middle overs if batting at 4, he can take time to settle - although that is better now with  "intent" Rohit- and we cant have him take too many dot balls in middle overs

Anyway all of this talk of Rohit and Virat in middle order wont happen. Both Rohit and Virat are far too secure/poweful/selfish(?) to move an inch

Defnitely opening with left/right would help throw Pak pacemen off rhythm a bit

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

Considering Rahul and Iyer are injured and Rohit ,Virat are able to take more responsibility we have can decent middle order.

Gill

Kishan

Tilak

Virat

Rohit

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj

As Tilak.is highly rated by team management, captain,coach,selectors and he is directly selected for Asia cup withot playing any odi,he can play at no 3.

We will bring variety to batting being left hander and also can bowl some offspin.

This lineup is good mixture of youth and experience ,left and right combination,different types of spin bowling  and good pace attack of Bumrah, Siraj,Shami

Good shouts just feel 5 is far too low for Rohit and Tilak and him should swap places. Rohit is not the kind of player who can get going from the off, Tilak has shown he can. Also feel Shardul needs to be in just for the depth he gives at 8, in for Shami I would say and of course it weakens the pace attack- but got to credit Shardul 52 wickets in last 33 matches , can not all be good luck.

Edited by Sooda

Cant wait for 2 Sept...should be a cracker of a game (hopefully)

For far too long, Ind-Pak matches were one sided in favour of India. Infact under Dhoni and then later during Kohli-Shastri era, Pakistan games felt like just like any other match. 

But this Pakistan team is different - a young side with top talented players. Also, with our team no longer has the quality it had 5 years ago, the competition is now almost equal.

India - Pakistan matches in this decade again starting to feel like between 2000-2010. It was too one sided in 2011-2019 era.

My team for 2nd Sept:

Gill

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Iyer

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

We are missing a leg spinner badly

18 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Good team but we need to look for better option than Shardul at 8. Thakur is a poor bowler in ODIs.

I'd take punt with Shami there. He can tonk and bowling is miles better. Overall would be better output given no. 8 is not likely to bat too many overs.

My XI

Rohit

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul

Jaddu/Axar

Hardik

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

If Jaiswal is not there,open with Kishan and have Iyer in place of Rahul.

3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Cant wait for 2 Sept...should be a cracker of a game (hopefully)

For far too long, Ind-Pak matches were one sided in favour of India. Infact under Dhoni and then later during Kohli-Shastri era, Pakistan games felt like just like any other match. 

But this Pakistan team is different - a young side with top talented players. Also, with our team no longer has the quality it had 5 years ago, the competition is now almost equal.

India - Pakistan matches in this decade again starting to feel like between 2000-2010. It was too one sided in 2011-2019 era.

My team for 2nd Sept:

Gill

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Iyer

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

We are missing a leg spinner badly

We don't have legspinner, Chahal is useless. I don't know why there has to be a leg spinner.

22 minutes ago, Lord said:

I'd take punt with Shami there. He can tonk and bowling is miles better. Overall would be better output given no. 8 is not likely to bat too many overs.

My XI

Rohit

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul

Jaddu/Axar

Hardik

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

If Jaiswal is not there,open with Kishan and have Iyer in place of Rahul.

Shami at 8 can be an option if his hitting form looks decent in the nets.

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Shami

9. Bumrah

10. Kuldeep

11. Siraj 

Both Shami and Bumrah's hitting ability have improved. 

Edited by express bowling