Favourite Telugu Songs

EnterTheVoid

Being a non-Telugu person, I started listening to Telugu songs only in my college days in the early 2000s.

Here are some of my favorites over the years:

- Hare Rama, Sahasam Swasaga (Okkadu) - the first Telugu movie I watched

- Pataku Pranam (Vasu)

- Bam bam bole (Indra)

- Ee Varsham Sakshiga and Kopama Napaina (Varsham). There was another fun song Nacchave Nizam Poori

- Bommarillu all songs, particularly Appudo Ippudo 

- Niluvadham (NVNV)

- Ringa Ringa (Arya 2)

- Eega Eega (Eega)

- Kanna Nidurinchara (Bahubali 2)

- Inkem Inkem (Geeta Govindam)

- Buttabomma (Ala Vaikuntapuram lo)

- Srivalli and Oo Antava (Pushpa)

Edited by bowl_out

A ante Amala puram. 

But seriously speaking , if you understand the lyrics, there are loads of good Telugu songs from the 80s to the noughties till the likes of DSP came in. 

Likes of Raja , keeravani , raj-koti gave some particular gems in the nineties

1 hour ago, nevada said:

The lyrics are amazing, Anurag Kulkarni's singing is amazing and so is the dance performance. This song has inspired so many cover versions with the dance part. 

Beautiful. I love these classical songs.. Try Veera Raja Veera from Ponniyin selvan 2. It has a very similar feel to Pranavalaya

18 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why are you listening to Telugu songs @EnterTheVoid?

:confused:

When you have culturally superior Bollywood music available all around you, why would you even venture to Telugu music?

Bollywood copies Telugu songs/movies as they can't come up with anything original of their own ;)

Might as well listening to the OG.

18 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why are you listening to Telugu songs @EnterTheVoid?

:confused:

When you have culturally superior Bollywood music available all around you, why would you even venture to Telugu music?

What culture? :phehe: Bollywood is a huge social engineering exercise between the two political parties to set a popular narrative among the general public. Movies toeing the current party line will have the state patronage or it will be discarded. Whatever culture represented is all manufactured culture and not natural.

1 hour ago, Tillu said:

What culture? :phehe: Bollywood is a huge social engineering exercise between the two political parties to set a popular narrative among the general public. Movies toeing the current party line will have the state patronage or it will be discarded. Whatever culture represented is all manufactured culture and not natural.

Can you elaborate?political parties , I presume India and Bharat? This is the first time I am reading any politics posts from you! 

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Can you elaborate?political parties , I presume India and Bharat? This is the first time I am reading any politics posts from you! 

I don't generally participate in political discussions because I don't subscribe to neither of the political beliefs. Today I got a little excited. :phehe: