All time ODI XI- India vs Pakistan- who will win?

Majestic

I would choose

Virender Sehwag

Sachin Tendulkar

Gautam Gambhir

Virat Kohli

Yuvraj Singh

Ajay Jadeja

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Harbhajan Singh

Javagal Srinath

Zaheer Khan

Jasprit Bumrah 

4 proper bowlers

Sachin, Sehwag, Yuvraj as 5th bowler

Batting till 10 (Srinath, Zak can go big if needed).

Finishers in Yuvraj, MSD and Ajay Jadeja who can smash the daylight of the bowlers.

Edited by singhvivek141

Rohit Sharma is talking about Pakistani bowling which is in a great form against Indian Cricket Team in Asia Cup. He also Pakistani Bowling is Very Powerful Including Naseem Haris and Shaheen. These bowler have exceptional speed, pace and accurate line n length.

Indian batsman will play with confidence and can tackle these deadly bowlers

39 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not with MSD. YOu can bring the best of the best.  With MSD in the team India's record against Pakistan is 61%. With VIK in the team INdia's record is 61%. When both play together win % goes up to 66%.

MSD era coincided with the worst pak white ball team in history. 

1 minute ago, the don said:

MSD era coincided with the worst pak white ball team in history. 

Lol no Pak won a WT20 in 2009 & reached finals in 2007... Also Semis in 2012.

All times India managed to get a wood over Pakistan. 

In 2004 & 2006 as well India beat you guys at home.  Those were strong Pakistani outfits 

I remember GG Irfan & Raina were 18-19 year old in 2006 smashing Pakistani bowlers. 

Ganguly Can open for India. This is a ODI match then he is in and is the Captain as well. 

Sehwag is also in my team. Cant leave him out. Make him open if situation needs it or bat him at 5. 

I would argue that Ganguly/Sehwag are as good as an opening pair as Rohit and Sachin.  Sachin is a GOAT and we can move him to middle order or even Rohit to middle order.  

Top 5 should be -

Ganguly/Sehwag/Sachin/Rohit/ Virat - Fix the order between them.

How does a loser like Azhar find a spot. I would put Dravid even ahead of him. Too many good ODI innings compare to Azhar and participated in lot of fantastic big partnerships. We dont want loser era Azhar. Have more confidence in mid 90's and later players to have the winning attitude against Pak. The only exception is Kapil Dev.

We don't even need 5 full bowlers. In between Sachin, Sehwag and Yuraj we can make overs. Even Ganguly bowled good overs when conditions were right.

Team

------

Ganguly (Captain) 

Rohit

Virat

Sachin

Sehwag

Yuvraj

MS Dhoni

Kapil Dev

Mohammad Shami

Zaheer Khan

Bumrah

Rest of Squad

---------------

Javagal Srinath

Rahul Dravid

Anil Kumble

Ashwin or Jadeja to have another spin option

History is deceptive. India did not win much before the 1990's. We have a good shot at winning a 10 match series. Better batting and fielding and slightly weaker bowling which will be neutralized with fair play (No throwing and cheating).

8 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I would choose

Virender Sehwag

Sachin Tendulkar

Gautam Gambhir

Virat Kohli

Yuvraj Singh

Ajay Jadeja

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Harbhajan Singh

Javagal Srinath

Zaheer Khan

Jasprit Bumrah 

4 proper bowlers

Finishers in Yuvraj, MSD and Ajay Jadeja who can smash the daylight of the bowlers.

Azharuddin over Jadeja. Better batsman, more hundreds, better SR. Else maybe Raina if we are looking at 6.

1 hour ago, cricspirit said:

Ganguly Can open for India. This is a ODI match then he is in and is the Captain as well. 

Sehwag is also in my team. Cant leave him out. Make him open if situation needs it or bat him at 5. 

I would argue that Ganguly/Sehwag are as good as an opening pair as Rohit and Sachin.  Sachin is a GOAT and we can move him to middle order or even Rohit to middle order.  

Top 5 should be -

Ganguly/Sehwag/Sachin/Rohit/ Virat - Fix the order between them.

How does a loser like Azhar find a spot. I would put Dravid even ahead of him. Too many good ODI innings compare to Azhar and participated in lot of fantastic big partnerships. We dont want loser era Azhar. Have more confidence in mid 90's and later players to have the winning attitude against Pak. The only exception is Kapil Dev.

We don't even need 5 full bowlers. In between Sachin, Sehwag and Yuraj we can make overs. Even Ganguly bowled good overs when conditions were right.

Team

------

Ganguly (Captain) 

Rohit

Virat

Sachin

Sehwag

Yuvraj

MS Dhoni

Kapil Dev

Mohammad Shami

Zaheer Khan

Bumrah

Rest of Squad

---------------

Javagal Srinath

Rahul Dravid

Anil Kumble

Ashwin or Jadeja to have another spin option

History is deceptive. India did not win much before the 1990's. We have a good shot at winning a 10 match series. Better batting and fielding and slightly weaker bowling which will be neutralized with fair play (No throwing and cheating).

Sachin at 4 doesn't have a great record in ODIs. He averages 38@77 at 4.

Ganguly is also best in top 3. The only player in your top 4 that can bat at 4 actually is Virat Kohli. 

Sehwag at 5 again, we need to respect the batting positions and roles of the players. He opened 90% of the times in his career. Azharuddin was the captain of Indian ODI team for 10 years and won India World Cup matches vs Pakistan in 1992,1996 and 1999. He has higher SR than Dravid and because he played in tougher era, that average is also on par if adjusted as per era.

The max India can switch is :-

Sachin

Rohit

Ganguly

Kohli

Azharuddin

Yuvraj

Dhoni

4 bowlers

Sachin(150), Ganguly(100) and Yuvraj(100+) can bowl 10 overs.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Azharuddin over Jadeja. Better batsman, more hundreds, better SR. Else maybe Raina if we are looking at 6.

Azhar is too slow for my liking.

Jadeja was a better ground fielder, can go big in death and can bowl as well if needed. At no 6 he is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Plus his dominance over Waqar moves the scale to his favour. 

Raina is very good as well..but minus the match fixing I always used to enjoy Jadeja's swashbuckling style in 90's.

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I would choose

Virender Sehwag

Sachin Tendulkar

Gautam Gambhir

Virat Kohli

Yuvraj Singh

Ajay Jadeja

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Harbhajan Singh

Javagal Srinath

Zaheer Khan

Jasprit Bumrah 

4 proper bowlers

Team looks good! I would make just one change - I would replace Jadeja with Raina. 

I am a realist. I think india with all top players including new gen bowlers would dominate cheating scums from pak who had to tamper balls to win. 

6 to 7 india against Pakistan. 

Current Pakistan vs quote based indian team that's been put together means 6 /10 Pakistan though.

For Pak, I can see an 11 like below:

Anwar

Rizwan (wk) ... PS can swap positions with Afridi at #7

Abbas/Babar/MoYo/YK 

Miandad

Inzi

Imran

Afridi 

Akram

Saqlain

Shaheen

Waqar/Akthar 

With Akram and Shaheen, Pak can attack with 2 left arm pacers. 

Edited by zen

Forget about the record , skill and temperament wise, this would be my all time Pakistan ODI team

1-Anwar

2-Majid

3-Zaheer ( Babar missed out , due to Zaheer's fantastic record against India ) 

4-Miandad

5-Inzi

6-Imran ( C ) 

7-Moeen ( WK) 

8-Wasim 

9-Saqi

10-Waqar

11-Shaheen ( narrowly missed out Amir, Akhtar )