Indian left arm seamers

mani sha

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

So what tournaments has Shaheen won for Pakistan? In fact, he's choked at critical times - a criticism also levelled at Bumrah. Choked against Wade in the 2021 semi-final, hammered by Kohli in his last over against India in the 2022 T20 WC and got injured at a pivotal moment in the 2022 T20 WC final.

Not sure why you are looking at Shaheen in isolation.  You have to look at that attack as a whole.  Hasan Ali choked with his dropped catch, not Shaheen.  

Their attack is vulnerable to aggresive left handed batsmen and, in recent times, we have seen that - Warner and Wade in 2021,  Bhanuka Rajapaksa in the Asia Cup final, Mark Chapman in the home series etc.  

We don't have too many of those in our top order, so they will always be vulnerable.

54 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Shaheen is a generational talent, true successor of Starc especially in white ball formats. We may unearth 1-2 prospects here and there but nothing earth shattering. 

Oh please. Age fudger.

He has been poor in tests away from home.

Generational talent is bumrah 

Even @Axl100mph can't deny that. 

Don't be fooled by ahaheen's exploits vs piss poor past it has been washed up finished corpses and overrated chump like Gill. He is mediocre bowler against any good team just like his test performances in aus, England and nz. 

Edited by wazza
8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bhai, I am not qualified to discuss cricket or any other sport with you. Aap bahut mahaan hai. 

I am not claiming to be Mahaan. I respect your opinion as you are very knowledgeable about cricket. How is shaheen equal to bumrah though? What has shaheen achieved in tests? This idiot above thinks shaheen is like wasim Akrsm.

Bumrahs record is actually even better in sena than wasim. 

58 minutes ago, wazza said:

I am not claiming to be Mahaan. I respect your opinion as you are very knowledgeable about cricket. How is shaheen equal to bumrah though? What has shaheen achieved in tests? This idiot above thinks shaheen is like wasim Akrsm.

I clearly said white ball cricket. And anyway thread is about left arm quicks, why would I bring up Bumrah?

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I clearly said white ball cricket. And anyway thread is about left arm quicks, why would I bring up Bumrah?

White ball yes, but in odi he hasnt yet delivered consistently. 29 54 and 34 is his averages vs s.a england and south africa. He stat padded vs nz on super swing friendly conditions and useless induan batsmen who are all washed up. Left arm quicks, even still, starc and boult would be ahead, no? 

Edited by wazza

Shaheen with his pace,accuracy and swing is such a great option at PP..I woild love to have a bowler like him for first few overs..most of the time he will pick wkts at the top and put the other team at backfoot..

From whatever I hv seen apart from some early promises from Arshdeep who has lost a bit now..Mukesh Chaudhary is a very good option..but he needs to remain injury free..

Mohsin khan lacks inswing but he gets bounce so still a decent wkt taking option itrespective of swing..

I saw couple of shorts of Yarra..looks pacy..need tp be groomed..

in any case..thiugh I would love to have a bowler like Shaheen but we dont need to sweat too much after that..

Better groom effective bowlers..be it RH or bein LH..

.create and groom your Tyagis,Mohsins,Yarras etc as their own brand..who may not get wkt with RHB left arm inswing but still get wkts with bounce and pace or movement

Edited by Need4Speed
12 hours ago, wazza said:

I respect you for being the most dumbass retarded cricket poster in the history of forums. Keep it up my man.

53 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Since the departure of Irfan Pathan, we hv not been able to produce a left arm pacer who is capable of bowling In-Swinger to RHB.  That's real tragedy for Indian cricket.  Mohsin Khan does not hv the inswinger to RHB.   So, do not see him as a big prospect unless he develops it.  

Arshdeep has those in swinging delivery but he is tad slow and mental midget of highest order with his wide, no balls and full tosses at death. He was good in last t20 wc with his initial breakthrough but after that his performance has declined.

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Arshdeep has those in swinging delivery but he is tad slow and mental midget of highest order with his wide, no balls and full tosses at death. He was good in last t20 wc with his initial breakthrough but after that his performance has declined.

Arshdeep lacks pace and his good length balls are too floaty.

Once the novelty factor wears off, he will be done. 

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

You have been stuck to this narrative for past 1 year, Arshdeep has been playing for almost 2 years, but i haven't seen his novelty factor wear off yet. How long will you continue to peddle this blindfold towards Arshdeep?

3 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

You have been stuck to this narrative for past 1 year, Arshdeep has been playing for almost 2 years,

Arshfeep has been playing for just over a year and NOT 2 years.

3 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

but i haven't seen his novelty factor wear off yet. How long will you continue to peddle this blindfold towards Arshdeep?

His performances have dipped in the last 6 months. Even against weak teams like Ireland and the WI, he has got hit and his wicket taking ability has dipped. 

And he looked very innocuous in the 2 ODIs he played. 

Novelty factor is already wearing off.

Edited by express bowling

There are only three good fast bowlers in India and two good raw talents

Bumrah 

Siraj

Prasidh

Shami is done, so not including him

Kartik

Umran

Arshdeep doesn't have much pace or bounce but he looks like the sort of guy who will eke out a good career if he is played in conditions which support him coz he can swing the ball and that too at a decent pace(above 132kph)

Apart from them there is no other fast bowler who is worth noticing. 

Don't care about the speed , Mohsin doesn't inspire any confidence, I will take Arshdeep over him. 

As for world cup selection, we should have taken Prasidh for sure, I don't know what Axar Patel is doing in that squad. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Arshdeep has decent height and high arm action. Right now his problem is stamina as he mostly bowls 4 overs but I have seen his highest going upto 142 kmph. 

He should work on developing his stock ball, which should be back of the length from over the wicket with an intention of hitting the deck and extracting the bounce. That will make him a better longer format prospect. 

But I doubt Mhambre etc can work on that.