India need to seperate Rohit, Gill and Kohli from top 3

Majestic

8 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I would play Tilak  in place of Jadeja and Shami or Prasidh in place of Thakur.

Initially I thought having thakur in place of Shami was a good move as it strengthens our batting. (Considering our fragile top order).  But thakur's batting has regressed it seems in last 1 yr.  The ball he got out to, yesterday wasn't anything special. And he had a number of flop shows with the bat earlier this year too.  So, kinda agree with U.     Regarding Fraudujaa, nothing to add further.  He should be kicked out immediately.  Should not be even in the reserves. (His WC 2019 SF knock vs Nz screwed us badly forever.  F**k the Kiwi bowlers who allowed him some cheap runs).

It'd have been an ideal time to bite the bullet and take the last retort for Gill i.e moving him down to middle order and open with a guy like Jaiswal but the selectors shat the bed there. Now we have no other option than to watch him open throughout these two tournaments and hope for best..

43 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Regarding Fraudujaa, nothing to add further.  He should be kicked out immediately.  Should not be even in the reserves. (His WC 2019 SF knock vs Nz screwed us badly forever.  F**k the Kiwi bowlers who allowed him some cheap runs).

It was a good knock, say whatever you will about his other performances that game was high pressure & his only(second?) game that WC. Without that knock we would be humiliated, he also did great with the ball. It was Dhongi, Brat & fat ass opener alongside behaal who lost us that game - without Jadeja we'd probably lose by over 50 or even 100 runs!

25 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

its a huge problem if all three are out of form going into the WC.Rohit and Kohli are fading rapidly but Gill needs to show that he can score against better opposition and be more consistent.

We could open with IK & have Gill at 3, Brat maybe 4 & hopefully a supersub in there before the WC starts :cantstop:

This could've been a lot better if RGS just retired.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Rohit

Gill

Kishan

Kohli

S Iyer

Pandya

Jadeja

Axar

I will make this modification for next game vs the invincible Nepal team.

no need to change Kishan's spot.

Also Axar can replace Jaddu but both shouldnt play together. Rather play Shami or Prasidh with Bumrah at 8

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Also Axar can replace Jaddu but both shouldnt play together. Rather play Shami or Prasidh with Bumrah at 8

I think on current ability it's really a tossup between Jadeja/Patel - 4 years ago Akshar wouldn't even be in the same multiverse. Ideally we should try to play them both in some games to see who performs better, I have a theory that Jadeja should bat in games where the track is flatter because generally he can hold one end up with his bowling in India, even on flat decks. While Axar has more strokes for tougher wickets in LO. Only speculation right now but we should really play one of them depending on the track, of course if it's spinning a mile play them both!

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Lol at these idiots. 

The only reason India has been able to defeat Pakistan lately is Kohli. 

He has been the only difference between both the teams. 

How easily we forget things. 

I am 100% assured of him winning us another match vs Pakistan and the same guys will bow before him. 

It was his first match after some time, was a bit rusty, he will be back to his best. 

I don't think anyone has forgotten Kohli and his glorious past. He has done a lot for Indian Cricket and in return he has gotten the same respect and admiration.

But few past years, specially against left arm quicks who can bring the ball in have been a horror show for him, Kohli and Rohit both are now seniors so they have to take up extra responsibility..so does Pandya & Jadeja.

He can still perform when the pitch offers no movement, probably better than others. But no one can deny that Kohli is not in mid 20's anymore and it's not going to be easy for him to perform if pitch is favourable to bowlers.

Fact is, he is getting old now, even the great Sachin Tendulkar couldn't defy the slowing reflexes and faced criticism for his last 2-3 years. 

15 minutes ago, Lord said:

no need to change Kishan's spot.

For Nepal game, we should play both and see how it goes. We really need a capable no.8 bat given the weak batting lineup.

One of these two must play because WC is in India and they will do better than what their career numbers are because of favourable conditions.

7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Fact is, he is getting old now, even the great Sachin Tendulkar couldn't defy the slowing reflexes and faced criticism for his last 2-3 years. 

Only the last 1.5 to 2 years! It wasn't just reflexes, I've always maintained that he couldn't concentrate as well in the end as he used to. Otherwise on flat surfaces in LO these days he probably would've done just as well. This in his last 5-6 years, consecutive innings without a duck :bow:

Records for Test+ODI+T20I Matches

173 10 Jan 2000 6 Feb 2004
136* 23 Jul 2008 14 Nov 2013
135 17 Mar 1994 28 Nov 1998
122 6 Dec 1997 23 Feb 2003
117* 9 Jan 1983 28 Mar 1987
112 23 Jul 1987 18 Jun 1992
108 18 Jan 2011 23 Nov 2014
104 30 Aug 2014 9 Feb 2017
103 29 Jan 2006 24 Nov 2009
98 29 Dec 1979 9 Aug 1984
98 26 Jul 2016 22 Aug 2019
95 26 Dec 2007 29 Oct 2010
95 11 Nov 2015 3 Jun 2019
93 27 Feb 1969 31 Jan 1983
93 25 Jan 2015 3 Jun 2017
91 30 Oct 2014 9 Oct 2016
90 20 Jul 2013 14 Nov 2015
90 19 Apr 2009 1 Oct 2016
16 minutes ago, Majestic said:

For Nepal game, we should play both and see how it goes. We really need a capable no.8 bat given the weak batting lineup.

One of these two must play because WC is in India and they will do better than what their career numbers are because of favourable conditions.

no. 8 should be a wicket taking bowler first. Can't sacrifice that to make up for poor top order

IMO, bowlers like Shaheen/Starc when in full flow are literally unplayable especially in the first PP against RHB on any type of pitch.  Especially, these 2 hv that extra height to trouble the batsman.  (Boult does not hv that height. So he is not that threatning).  No matter how well prepared the RHB is, these 2 hv pacers hv mastered the art of producing that perfect in-swinger which would dismiss the batter (Bowled/Lbw) 9 out of 10 times.   Our TM must hv taken note of this.  Question is : Are they willing to act little smarter and make Kishan open?    Or they will let the same TTFs Gill & Fatman open and leave it to luck?    

Edited by Frustrated
9 hours ago, Adamant said:

Lol at these idiots. 

The only reason India has been able to defeat Pakistan lately is Kohli. 

He has been the only difference between both the teams. 

How easily we forget things. 

I am 100% assured of him winning us another match vs Pakistan and the same guys will bow before him. 

It was his first match after some time, was a bit rusty, he will be back to his best. 

His career is over. Will be over soon enough. Should have been finished if not for dumb selectors for marketing purposes. 

Trash bag. 

Just like fatman and co. 

Take Gill with him as well. I would even take washed up kohli over Gill. Gill is a number 1 fraud. 

We have way way better players waiting in the wings, ready and willing to die for th3 country. We don't need has beens. 

2 hours ago, wazza said:

We have way way better players waiting in the wings, ready and willing to die for th3 country. We don't need has beens. 

You remind me of  another poster @Jay.

Btw, no we don't have better batsman, we have ipl sooperstars who fail any time real international challenge comes up.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Can you believe this FRAUD has an army of paid troll on social media and gets feted as one of the best to play ODIs?

aHd7p13.png

12.16 in 6 inngs! Didn't realise it was this bad.

For comparison I just checked Tendulkar's average which came out to be a good 48.42 in 7 inngs.

Many stupid Kohli fans and almost all Pakistanis vouch that Kohli is more clutch than Tendulkar ever was.

Truth is that not only Tendulkar was twice the batsman than Kohli in terms of skills but also a way better big match player.