Women's reservation bill: 2 MPs vote against women quota bill, 454 in favour:

Gollum

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

nope.i don't begrudge poor people moving south for better opportunities. there is a reason why delimitstion has not been implemented for a long time.if implanted the southern states will become irrelevant. a party can come to power winning just 6-7 big states even if they lose all seats in the rest of the country.this will break the federal structure of our country 

So you are fine with 2 castes (Vokkaligas & Lingayats ) wielding power in Karnataka?

57 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Damn the south states have only 1.5 that’s low. The migration of population will help. I know recently I only see people from north working in construction in areas around Hyderabad 

During my time in Hyderabad there were both Telugu people as well as from North (from eastern states) in construction.. Needless to say, from construction work, to software professionals everywhere North is there in cities like Hyderabad and Bangalore, law abiding residents of those cities, making them thrive.

I was at Microsoft in Gachibowli Hyderabad, Telugu people were over represented as the office is in Hyderabad, otherwise more than half the crowd there was from the North

if I may add, it was a Hindi speaking company except for Tamil folks, everyone including malayalis, Telugu folks , kannadigas spoke Hindi, my major regret is not learning more Telugu from my wonderful Telugu colleagues, for whatever time I was there .....

Edited by randomGuy

40 minutes ago, gattaca said:

But in US congress is important as well. Congress seats are distributed according to population. It is very hard to take off people if we have only  two elected officials. The population of India will make it impractical.

both congress and Senate has to vote for a bill to pass and each state only gets 2 senators regardless of the size.

if we were to follow through with delimitation and allot seats according to population then the seat map will look something like this.effectively a party who can win 4-5 states in the cow belt will control the whole country and vast regions of india will have no say in the running of the country.

image.jpeg

21 minutes ago, diga said:

So you are fine with 2 castes (Vokkaligas & Lingayats ) wielding power in Karnataka?

no.i hate karnataka politics too.voting should not be based on religion or caste but in India that is the primary motivator.for example a muslim  will not win in bangalore south even if the BJP gave him a ticket.

2 hours ago, gattaca said:

But in US congress is important as well. Congress seats are distributed according to population. It is very hard to take off people if we have only  two elected officials. The population of India will make it impractical.

so Lok Sabha MLAs are by population already....

8 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

no.i hate karnataka politics too.voting should not be based on religion or caste but in India that is the primary motivator.for example a muslim  will not win in bangalore south even if the BJP gave him a ticket.

Or Frazer town/ Benson town areas of Bengaluru where only a chrishtian like KJ George can win ... Delimitation will happen now or in future as population grows.

3 hours ago, diga said:

Or Frazer town/ Benson town areas of Bengaluru where only a chrishtian like KJ George can win ... Delimitation will happen now or in future as population grows.

It is actually muslim dominated. Frazer/Cox/Benson.. pretty much all areas around the MG Road side is a fortress for Haris and his family.