Iyer

KL

Jadeja

Shardul

Ashwin

Kuldeep

Shami

Siraj

There is a possibility Gill may be out for few more games..so we need to give more opportunities to Kishan..and not one off chance to SKY..unless Gill is back from Pak game

2 hours ago, cricspirit said:

Hoping GILL comes back for the second half. I don't really want a replacement at this point.

They already have resources to manage a few games.

He done man for some time.Dengue makes one really weak . If blood platelets go down recovery takes much longer.

4 hours ago, cricspirit said:

Hoping GILL comes back for the second half. I don't really want a replacement at this point.

They already have resources to manage a few games.

We have to factor in recovery, strength to be there for 100 overs on the field if needed. Jaiswal should already be part of the side. Kick someone else out.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

We have to factor in recovery, strength to be there for 100 overs on the field if needed. Jaiswal should already be part of the side. Kick someone else out.

Jaiswal was not part of plans for the WC. Realistically they wont call him even if they do a replacement. I certainly hope they get him as it creates that left right combo as well as gets us a solid opening batter. 

Guess we have to wait out at least 1 more week for clarity.

25 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

Jaiswal was not part of plans for the WC. Realistically they wont call him even if they do a replacement. I certainly hope they get him as it creates that left right combo as well as gets us a solid opening batter. 

Guess we have to wait out at least 1 more week for clarity.

He has played cricket at all levels on these Indian grounds long enough. He is extremely familiar with all type of conditions. With him being part of the domestic matches regularly he will have an advantage against spin as well.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has played cricket at all levels on these Indian grounds long enough. He is extremely familiar with all type of conditions. With him being part of the domestic matches regularly he will have an advantage against spin as well.

Agree with your call but the team management wont do it. 

They should have selected Jaiswal in the first place. 

29 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Kishan was groomed as the replacement opener. He'll play the Pakistan match if gill can't make it

I have no confidence in Kishan. That guy is boom or bust guy. Especially when the ball moves. I certainly don't want KL Rahul to open. They should have had a back up opener.