Major terror attack underway in Gaza Strip

ravishingravi

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What is cringing about India Hindu Israeli support?  As long you don’t support Israel because they are killing Muslims, but support on common shared living experience and relate to their resolve for survival despite adversity of more than a 1000 years of being ruled over! 

It's cringing because most of them have not followed the history closely. It's a terribly entangled story on which you have to be super delicate in picking a side. I know there are some parallels but this terribly complex. I would support Israel's right to defend itself. And that's it. But to go gung ho and jump on Israel team boat says they don't get it. 

Israelis would never support India in this manner for any conflict. 

23 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

It's cringing because most of them have not followed the history closely. It's a terribly entangled story on which you have to be super delicate in picking a side. I know there are some parallels but this terribly complex. I would support Israel's right to defend itself. And that's it. But to go gung ho and jump on Israel team boat says they don't get it. 

They would. And many do. Like Hananya Naftali for eg- he is super gung ho about everytime India kills any muzzie terrorist, regardless of the collateral damage. This is because enemy of your enemy is your friend axiom. Jews are going to be quite critical in crushing Islam & Christianity in the long term plans of us anti-abrahamics, because they stand testimonial with us for the barbarism of these two nazi religions. 

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

That’s pretty judgmental. You are reducing all to that of Sudarshan news type. I am pro-Israel and see why they did settlements , still want a two-state solution, I seriously doubt hazama supporting Hamas or even West Bank PLA want a two state solution. If you support a Palestine right to the land, Jewish state creation was legitimate as per international law - based on Balfour declaration. The Arabs have to come to peace and agree on a two state solution. 

Already discussed how Israel would support India against Pakistan and is collaborating on defense related matters already. Netanyanhu is not the guy I would support gung-ho! 

On 12/1/2023 at 2:06 AM, coffee_rules said:

That’s pretty judgmental. You are reducing all to that of Sudarshan news type. I am pro-Israel and see why they did settlements , still want a two-state solution, I seriously doubt hazama supporting Hamas or even West Bank PLA want a two state solution. If you support a Palestine right to the land, Jewish state creation was legitimate as per international law - based on Balfour declaration. The Arabs have to come to peace and agree on a two state solution. 

Already discussed how Israel would support India against

Pakistan and is collaborating on defense related matters already. Netanyanhu is not the guy I would support gung-ho! 

I am not speaking of likes of you who knows and understand the history and have taken an informed position. There are many who have taken an extreme position in favour of Israel to a point wanting fund them or even send troops for them. This is hard to digest. 

I know this has been built up over time with narratives of India and Israel being surrounded by enemies and non proselytizing and two faiths. We have as meek nation aspired for audacity and courage of Israelis. But narratives are narratives. 

On 11/30/2023 at 8:06 PM, coffee_rules said:

Already discussed how Israel would support India against Pakistan and is collaborating on defense related matters already. Netanyanhu is not the guy I would support gung-ho! 

Good post. But I think this conflict has gone way past the point of a 2-state solution, at least for the next 50 years. As long as people are convinced that a piece of land is God's gift to them, and as long as there are leaders who keep stoking the embers based on this conviction, no one will not budge. This bloodshed (any bloodshed) is unnecessary, and if there is a benevolent God, S/He would probably not want it to be this way.

GoI seems to be walking the tightrope best of any govt, and not falling into the trap of condemning Palestinian people while condemning Hamas' brutality and also by not falling into the trap of supporting Israel's post-Oct 7 brutality in their quest to support the Israeli people.

But, in the end, none of this matters. GOTUS. GoI etc are just outsiders who cannot solve this problem. The solution, if (when?)ever it comes, will rise from within.

There are some anecdotes in this article that give some hope.

https://www.thefp.com/p/they-can-go-to-hell-and-hide-there

Qatar and Saudis fun millions of $s to American universities esp Harvard, UPenn etc. In two decades after 9/11, the whole narrative about Islamist worldview in US colleges ( they used to call them ragheads)  has changed 180 dev to even calling anti-Hamas as Islamophobia! Now, anti-semitism is so blatant, even calling for genocide of Jews is being normalized as mere harassment individually nothing against the code of conduct of universities 

So unless genocide is conducted in college, merely saying will not be considered harassment. @BacktoCricaddict how is your institution in this protest scenario?

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

So unless genocide is conducted in college, merely saying will not be considered harassment. @BacktoCricaddict how is your institution in this protest scenario?

I am proud to say that our institution has done it in the best way possible.

In the weeks following the Oct 7 attack, Jewish student groups and Islamic student groups partnered and conducted multiple open workshops focused on the humanitarian crisis in Palestine in general, criticism of the brutality of the Oct 7 attack and criticism of the extent of Israel's retaliation. Some were moderated by our international studies office or humanities profs, but others were entirely student-conducted. I was unable to attend any, but all indications are that, despite some tense moments, there was an air of civility and collaboration. 

8 hours ago, MechEng said:

Islamic nuclear bomb.. thats the reason Pak gets prominence

On 12/6/2023 at 2:12 PM, coffee_rules said:

And these Schools are supposedly top Schools in best. All three should be arrested for for being complicit for allowing the “call of genocide of jews”. 

2 hours ago, mishra said:

And these Schools are supposedly top Schools in best. All three should be arrested for for being complicit for allowing the “call of genocide of jews”. 

Laaton ki bhoot, baaton se nahin maante. After a public backlash, she has issued a clarification in private. The congressional hearing records still stay as is. Even CNN is calling for their resignations.

Edited by coffee_rules

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Laaton ki bhoot, baaton se nahin maante. After a public backlash, she has issued a clarification in private. The congressional hearing records still stay as is. Even CNN is calling for their resignations.

:phehe: First 1 minute of her speech was like someone being asked to read a written statement at gunpoint... what an irony that she is condemning hostile speech in campus under severe backlash 

22 hours ago, diga said:

:phehe: First 1 minute of her speech was like someone being asked to read a written statement at gunpoint... what an irony that she is condemning hostile speech in campus under severe backlash 

Clearly not authentic. This is what happens when university lawyers "train" their leaders to speak in legalese-approved way. Backfired in a big way.

On 12/2/2023 at 4:56 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Good post. But I think this conflict has gone way past the point of a 2-state solution, at least for the next 50 years. As long as people are convinced that a piece of land is God's gift to them, and as long as there are leaders who keep stoking the embers based on this conviction, no one will not budge. This bloodshed (any bloodshed) is unnecessary, and if there is a benevolent God, S/He would probably not want it to be this way.

So if there is a God which Muslims belive in, is the God sitting and watching 

On 12/2/2023 at 4:56 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

If there is a God, then everything happens as per God's will. Right