Indian illegal immigration a shame for the great nation.

Vilander

Illegal immigrants from India are not escaping poverty. They are going to promised land. Or as they are informed, everything will be great once they are in UK or Amreeka. 

Met some from India and Pakistan. They look depressed. It's not promised land I haven't seen many from Gujarat. Probably some who came 15-20 years back and now are stuck outside. Lately it's Punjab and Haryana. 

Edited by ravishingravi

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

On topics like these, hard to speak without %. What % of middle class applies for going abroad ? What % actually goes abroad ? 

What is illegal immigrants as a % of population ? Which states are they from ? I would say mainly Punjab, Haryana and to some extent Gujarat but would like to see some numbers. 

i dont think illegal immigrants are tracked in India lol. Only option is to look for some stats from el salvador or honduras. I think US Canada wont have country wise stats either.

But if el salvador knows today it would take a few months before US takes measures to curb this as well.

besides in terms of articles i read it mostly paints gujarat as chief contributor, there are articles every now and then on some illegal immigrant in custody or worse dead.

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i dont think illegal immigrants are tracked in India lol. Only option is to look for some stats from el salvador or honduras. I think US Canada wont have country wise stats either.

But if el salvador knows today it would take a few months before US takes measures to curb this as well.

besides in terms of articles i read it mostly paints gujarat as chief contributor, there are articles every now and then on some illegal immigrant in custody or worse dead.

You were speaking of 400 million middle class. Are you saying they are also migrating illegally ?

Sure article chosen by you article quotes cases from Gujarat. That's just your selectively chosen piece but without an overall database it's not possible to know. I mean I can post this article but how does that help understanding the issue and here cases are from Punjab. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12685611/Record-number-illegal-immigrants-INDIA-crossing-border.html

Edited by ravishingravi

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/1-49-lakh-indian-illegal-immigrants-detained-since-2019-us-data/articleshow/99594840.cms?from=mdr

As many as 1.49 lakh Indians were caught trying to unlawfully enter the US between February 2019 and March 2023, according to data from the US Customs and Border Protection. "Those detained are mostly from Gujarat and Punjab," said a police officer from Gujarat

A Gujarati man fell to his death when he and his wife scaled the "Trump Wall" at the US-Mexico border along with their three-year-old son

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/india-canada-rift-fails-to-deter-illegal-migrants-3059-held-at-border-in-sept/articleshow/104685155.cms

The number of Indians illegally entering the US through Canada has reached a record high, with 3,059 arrests in September alone. Many of these immigrants are from Gujarat and are either settling in Canada or attempting to enter united states

6 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

You were speaking of 400 million middle class. Are you saying they are also migrating illegally ?

Sure article chosen by you article quotes cases from Gujarat. That's just your selectively chosen piece but without an overall database it's not possible to know. I mean I can post this article but how does that help understanding the issue and here cases are from Punjab. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12685611/Record-number-illegal-immigrants-INDIA-crossing-border.html

i think its mostly gujarat from articles i have read. But you can form your own opinions ofcourse. But none the less, most is not important. Any is alarming itself, why should they take such risks.. like a gujrati man scaling trump wall. Or a gujarati family freezing to death..

what drives them ?

54 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i agree but why are those in india feeling this ?  If all of 400 mil Indian middle class get out of India lol no country in the planet can hold them and what will happen to India. 

Fromt the time of our independence, we have always had an awe of western countries and a disparaging attitude towards our culture and country. People in India still consider those who can speak non-Indian languages superior to those who can speak Indian languages for example. Our country had few opportunities and our education systems made us feel that we were losers with nothing to be proud of.

Few people have the luxury of actually accessing the knowledge to make objective analysis or comparisons - even in today's Internet age. However, things have radically changed since the 90s. As India develops more and people get more exposure to the problems with "foren" countries and more pride in their own, things will change. 

1 hour ago, Ranvir said:

Punjabis and Gujaratis simply have more ambition, are not easily satisfied and want to live in a first world nation. 

I think they have relatives who live abroad and tell how good things are. In reality they have 3 odd jobs trying to make ends meet.

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Punjabis and Gujaratis simply have more ambition, are not easily satisfied and want to live in a first world nation. 

what about doctors and IT professionals from the rest of India? do they not have ambition? Last time i checked the amount of NHS workers and IT professionals from South India in UK and USA was staggering. The world doesnt revolve just around Punjabis and Gujaratis you know- speaking as a Punjabi myself

2 hours ago, Ranvir said:

It’s just that they have an established network that facilitates immigration. Average youth in Punjab can’t get jobs in industry in state or agriculture is dominated by rich farmers, they are looking to clear IELTS or some course that innumerable visa services businesses will help them get a visa. They can get a job as a truck driver or hotel workers to send money back home . Kaneda/UK is seen as a means to an end. 

Gujaratis get their relatives through chain immigration and what not, H1Bs too for hotel workers etc.  Business men even pool in money for a FOB to give initial capital to open a small confectionery store or newspaper stand . 

Those who don’t have contacts work through illegal means to get there as they have seen their neighbors and friends establish. 

The illegals from India compared to other countries is minimal and. negligible if you consider per-million population. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I think they have relatives who live abroad and tell how good things are. In reality they have 3 odd jobs trying to make ends meet.

Well both groups have migrated since 1895 when they went to East Africa so there is a long history. I don't think the relatives tell them how good it is, I think it's more to do with when they go on holiday back to India and spend cash freely due to things being much cheaper in India. The ones in India don't realise just how hard the ones abroad work, they'll see a nice house and car and think it's easy. Both Punjabi and Gujarati immigrants started off as being working class but through hard work have elevated themselves to living in middle class areas and given a good start to their kids the majority of whom are well educated. 

20 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

what about doctors and IT professionals from the rest of India? do they not have ambition? Last time i checked the amount of NHS workers and IT professionals from South India in UK and USA was staggering. The world doesnt revolve just around Punjabis and Gujaratis you know- speaking as a Punjabi myself

Both Punjab and Gujarat are not known for producing a lot of educated people, I know that as a Punjabi and a Gujarati I worked with told me it's the same in Gujarat. What I'm saying is that these relatively uneducated people are more ambitious than similarly educated people in other states. Sadly a lot of these guys just give up on education altogether in their teens as they have their heart set on going abroad. But ambition is all relative I guess, people from Bihar and UP like to move to Punjab to better themselves. 

It also depends on where the opportunities are. The IT industry as a whole is mainly in Maharashtra and South India with very small pockets elsewhere. I have worked with countless Punjabis and Gujaratis in the It industry but they were all born here. 

Problem is actually much more severe in Haryana where Unemployment has skyrocketed to unheard numbers...  I have heard so many stories recently that so many young people are fleeing with illegal means. 

Wasn't aware about Gujjus now joining the list as well...  They are increasingly giving some minor competition to UP/Bihari/Odiya Labour as well in Delhi NCR. 

Looks like an attempt being made to make villain out of Gujrati's that can't be appreciated. Illegal Immigration is an issue all right and must be debated but not sure if it was entirely the intention of OP. Is it the same dog fight that is being carried on since that Pak game in Chennai?

Edited by Austin 3:!6

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Looks like an attempt being made to make villain out of Gujrati's that can't be appreciated. Illegal Immigration is an issue all right and must be debated but not sure if it was entirely the intention of OP. Is it the same dog fight that is being carried on since that Pak game in Chennai?

Can you check the google search link i posted, lol i actuly picked top 5 articles from there related to this el salvador decision. Cant help if most compelling cases are from gujarat. Again you are a mod right you attack dkscredit the person posting the topic not discuss the topic ? Lol. Instead of reflecting all you guys can do is bicker ??

Edited by Vilander

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok all illegals are Gujjus. Discuss 

This fellow here , he posted this and derailed the thread. My posts quote articles about the topic neutrally. ;) debate the topic please dont abuse each other or the op or bring in emotions - posters and some mods i should add.