Indian illegal immigration a shame for the great nation.

Vilander

53 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Nobody ventures out to cross border in bitter cold or climb a wall without the criminal traffickers involved. They will leave them across the border to fend for themselves.  These people who make it, will serve life long to pay off the mobsters. 

And that is truly sad.

Let's say only 1% of Indians are in such desperate situations (of course that is an underestimation, but let's just say). That's 13,500,000 people. 

Let's just say 1% of those people are migrating under some delusion of finding a better life elsewhere.   That is 135,000 people.

So, one can say 99.9999 % of Indian people are still staying in India because India provides great opportunities for all

or

one can say ... damn .... 135,000 people are leaving India because India does not give any opportunities. 

Same statistics, no one is lying about the numbers, but just twisting them differently.

5 hours ago, gattaca said:

@Vilander aren’t you in Canada ? Didn’t you leave the country ? People who left country shouldn’t complain. You left to make more money in a foreign country. How is it any different ? The only difference is you got education and skills because the govt of India invested in you but you took that to Canada ? People who leave can leave india has largest population and they can take care of themselves. India is soon going to be 3rd largest economy in the world. India has opportunities but people need to skill up. Low level labor has been leaving gulf countries illegally using agents once people are educated and have skills they will have jobs. We have literacy rate of  75 percent. This will change but people will still leave and they are free to. 

Stop personal attacks stick to topic which is illegal immigration. Jumping fences dying frozen while swimming across lakes etc. 

2 hours ago, gattaca said:

This is a political thread to **** on Gujaratis. This is the problem Indians who stay abroad they don’t understand not everyone in Gujarat is rich. Gujaratis risk more than people in other parts of India by investing in businesses and they can go belly up.They don’t know what they are going through. India has a big problem with loan sharks and the harassments the people face. 

Lol why are you this riled up about geneuin new reports from times, dw etc this is put in publoc everyone knows. Its factual respond with actual facts not emotion. 

9 hours ago, Lannister said:

It's quite the chuckle to watch people high-tailing it out of Modi's Gujarat 'model', even putting their lives at risk.

This underscores the harsh reality of living conditions in India.

Yup exactly something seriously wrong with gujarat model

With people freezing and falling off trump wall to reach usa.

38 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Stop personal attacks stick to topic which is illegal immigration. Jumping fences dying frozen while swimming across lakes etc. 

how is that a personal attack ? You went for a better opportunity and these people are also doing that. I see that as same thing. 

Edited by gattaca

36 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol why are you this riled up about geneuin new reports from times, dw etc this is put in publoc everyone knows. Its factual respond with actual facts not emotion. 

Not emotion. The intent of the thread was clear. The fact is as I said most of Gujaratis risk more than others in India and can go bankrupt and they usually have done better in US better than many Indians from other states. South Indians mostly work for someone even if they CEOs. The fact is Gujaratis own businesses from motels, 7/11 etc.  There are many who immigrated illegally. The model is tempting for anyone in India especially Gujaratis and punjabis. Punjabis also cross the border illegally. It is not limited to a state but recently the few Indians has setup shop in Mexico for pushing people over the border. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Yup exactly something seriously wrong with gujarat model

With people freezing and falling off trump wall to reach usa.

Gross generalization is your objective discussion. You have just two cases that  you are extrapolating to  an entire state of 6 crore people. Shows your agenda of this topic. 

Punjab’s illegal immigration back in spotlight after Canada’s recent deportation threat

Illegal migration

A large number of people from Punjab, especially the youth, travel abroad in the hope of a better life. As migration increases, illegal and irregular migration has also grown significantly. There is little authentic data on such irregular migrants in the public domain, although studies say the magnitude of the problem is “substantial” among migrants from Punjab. “Every year, more than 20,000 youth from Punjab attempt irregular migration,” according to a 2009 report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.

The cases of illegal migration often come to light when a prospective migrant falls prey to fraudsters and is cheated by unscrupulous agents, or on being apprehended in a foreign country. In the current case, a number of migrants have blamed Mr. Mishra for their plight. Though police have filed a case against him, the Jalandhar-based immigrantion consultant is still at large.
Edited by coffee_rules

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Gross generalization is your objective discussion. You have just two cases that  you are extrapolating to  an entire state of 6 crore people. Shows your agenda of this topic. 

Every case of unfortunate death due to indian illegal immigration to us or canada  recently reported have been gujarati. They hust happen to be, my thread calls it Indian not guj. Most examples come from there. Its common knowledge, not sure what you are trying to refute here.   you keep derailing the thread since your feelings are hurt, go tell your people to immigrate legally. 

Edited by Vilander

9 hours ago, gattaca said:

Not emotion. The intent of the thread was clear. The fact is as I said most of Gujaratis risk more than others in India and can go bankrupt and they usually have done better in US better than many Indians from other states. South Indians mostly work for someone even if they CEOs. The fact is Gujaratis own businesses from motels, 7/11 etc.  There are many who immigrated illegally. The model is tempting for anyone in India especially Gujaratis and punjabis. Punjabis also cross the border illegally. It is not limited to a state but recently the few Indians has setup shop in Mexico for pushing people over the border. 

I said its indian every article i found has gujarati cases as they form the bulk of recent cases. Cant help it. Dont get your feelings hurt try to be objective on why gujaratis are so prone to attempt such illegal methods of immigration ?

9 hours ago, gattaca said:

how is that a personal attack ? You went for a better opportunity and these people are also doing that. I see that as same thing. 

What do you know about me lol ? You have no idea. 

This thread is about illegal immigration and people being exploited. Look i understand you are hurt because you are gujarati but you gotta think how your people are being driven to go illegally to an other country despite your state being great and advanced etc both cant be true one has to give. Think and explain the socio economic reality what is so bad in youe state that your people are willing die frozen in a lake or scale a wall illegally to enter usa. 

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

What do you know about me lol ? You have no idea. 

This thread is about illegal immigration and people being exploited. Look i understand you are hurt because you are gujarati but you gotta think how your people are being driven to go illegally to an other country despite your state being great and advanced etc both cant be true one has to give. Think and explain the socio economic reality what is so bad in youe state that your people are willing die frozen in a lake or scale a wall illegally to enter usa. 

Lol I am not a gujarati I am just saying the truth most people leave india to make extra buck. That is a fact. NRIs are economic refugees legal or not.

Edited by gattaca

9 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Lol I am not a gujarati I am just saying the truth most people leave india to make extra buck. That is a fact. NRIs are economic refugees legal or not.

Ok ok no worries ok so you are not guj ok we will think like that dont worry now ( but there is no shame in such things anyways suit yourself ).

So you might not understand this but there is legal way to immigrate where people continue to have rights and freedoms and then there are illegal eays where they forfeit most of it. The latter is bad only refuges attempt it people running away from places like afganistan pakistan etc .. do you like seeing your state along with such entities i guess not , that it what this thread is about. Now be un emotional and dont attack people that have different opinion. 

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

Yes. I miss the glorious days when the world used to look up to India post independence as a beacon of development. Which dimension or parallel universe was this exactly? Earth 420? 

From the moment Modi assumed office, it's been a non-stop descent into the abyss. 

Edited by Lannister