Intersectionality and bizarre alliances / narratives

ravishingravi

6 hours ago, Lannister said:

Because they all function within a democratic framework, except for Islam. A Hindu theocracy would be just as bad as an Islamic republic. All can veer towards extremist forms when faced with criticism.

Show us proof that this hindu theocracy is as bad as islamic republics. Show us evidence of this hindu jihad, jaziya and such in recorded history. 

All can veer towards extremism when faced with criticism, just like every government can veer towards authoritarianism when faced with pressure. Doesnt mean every government form is equivalent to western savageries such as Hitler. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Delusion, intolerance, violence, dehumanization, and slavery. The five foundational principles common to all religions.

I guess thats why we dont have any evidence of slave trade amongst hindus, buddhists, jains, taoists etc.  Sounds like you have bullshit beliefs re "every religion"akin to marxists and uneducated western liberals and not actual conclusions from history.

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

There is ample evidence from medieval India. The basic tenets of all religions are fundamentally the same. Furthermore, there is the killing of Gauri by zealous Hindus.

Then show us this said evidence. Still waiting for medieval evidence of hindu jihads, crusades, inquisitions, fitnaa, etc. 

Here's a simple quest for you - can you find ANY religion in history of mankind - both current and extinct- that wages genocidal wars & conversion sprees against their own sects, like muslims and christians do ( shia-sunni or orthodox-catholic-protestant) ? Can you find a SINGLE conflict amongst hindus, buddhists,jains, hell ANY religion that doesnt care for the desert god of abraham- who have an ireland-like scenario, where one sect of the same religion(Protestants) are trying to politically alter their future from the other sect of the same religion(Catholics) ? 

28 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I guess thats why we dont have any evidence of slave trade amongst hindus, buddhists, jains, taoists etc.  Sounds like you have bullshit beliefs re "every religion"akin to marxists and uneducated western liberals and not actual conclusions from history.

Caste subjugation is essentially a form of slavery. Additionally, the ill treatment of women by religious ideologues is well-known.

Just now, Lannister said:

Caste subjugation is essentially a form of slavery. Additionally, the ill treatment of women by religious ideologues is well-known.

Caste subjugation isnt slavery at all, since the definition of slavery historically is humans legally recognised status as property of another individual or entity. 
I dont want hinduphobic western propaganda examples, i want clear example of slave trade, religion sponsored genocides, forced conversions and mass evictions done by all religions as Christians and Islamic history. 
If you cannot provide evidence of such, then you must accept that your position is bereft of facts and is simple western atheist propaganda. 

Women are worse treated in the parts of the world with lowest religious following than the highest, as rape per capita data proves. 

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

oh and caste subjugation in India is far, far better outcome than race subjugation in your lesser religious nations such as western nations even today. Again, provable by citation.

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:
12 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

oh and caste subjugation in India is far, far better outcome than race subjugation in your lesser religious nations such as western nations even today. Again, provable by citation.

Why don't you go and share this insight with Dalits and OBCs? There will be an appropriate reaction.

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Why don't you go and share this insight with Dalits and OBCs? There will be an appropriate reaction.

So you are saying reactions are more valuable and true than actual data ? 

Spoken like a true western propaganda peddler. 

And yes, we are sharing said data amongst Dalits and OBCs. Haven't you noticed the cooling off of your western christianity peddlers amongst them as a consequence ? 

tell us again what the rape per capita figures are from all western countries, who are far less religious, than all asian countries and if there is a single western country that bats at a lower rape per capita than a single asian nation (except SoKo). 

We shall see the data on which part of the world mistreats women more.

I have asked you for evidence to support your position, so far i see nothing except typical western propaganda and no evidence.

Tell us about which other religion is reforming from medieval practices? Caste discrimination is outlawed. There is a legal process being followed for temple acquisitions. Are churches and Mosques under government control unlike Hindu temples? Secular Atheist like you should fight against Government control of Temples. Caste discrimination is a law and order or constitution issue rather than religious. Do you support Dalit Christian reservations? It should be outlawed right as per Christianity? 

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Here's a simple quest for you - can you find ANY religion in history of mankind - both current and extinct- that wages genocidal wars & conversion sprees against their own sects, like muslims and christians do ( shia-sunni or orthodox-catholic-protestant) ? Can you find a SINGLE conflict amongst hindus, buddhists,jains, hell ANY religion that doesnt care for the desert god of abraham- who have an ireland-like scenario, where one sect of the same religion(Protestants) are trying to politically alter their future from the other sect of the same religion(Catholics) ? 

They engaged in genocidal conflicts targeting those they labeled as non-Christians and non-Muslims, whereas your community carried out genocidal wars against the indigenous and tribal populations of this area. There seems to be a shared motive across all religions: the propagation of EVIL.

They engaged in genocidal conflicts targeting those they labeled as non-Christians and non-Muslims, whereas your community carried out genocidal wars against the indigenous and tribal populations of this area. There seems to be a shared motive across all religions: the propagation of EVIL.

Awaiting proof and citation of evidence....

Propagation of evil ? you mean like the anti human leftist ideals that's lead to tens of millions dead in less than 50 years of their rule ? I am not seeing any evidence from you, just prejudice, propaganda and unsubstantiated claims.

I am still awaiting instances of hindu/buddhist/shinto/taoist jihads, crusades, etc. 

PS:  This goes on to show, liberals have poor comprehension skills and low IQ. I specifically asked for examples of inter-sectarian warfare in religion outside of abrahamic religions. The abrahamics have mass murdered sects of their own religion- Shia vs Sunni in Islam and Catholics vs Protestants vs Orthodox in Christianity. Show us examples of any other religion mass murdering its own sects in history of mankind. If you cannot, you again must accept the logical conclusion that your position is unsubstantiated and counter-factual.

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Caste subjugation isnt slavery at all, since the definition of slavery historically is humans legally recognised status as property of another individual or entity. 
I dont want hinduphobic western propaganda examples, i want clear example of slave trade, religion sponsored genocides, forced conversions and mass evictions done by all religions as Christians and Islamic history. 
If you cannot provide evidence of such, then you must accept that your position is bereft of facts and is simple western atheist propaganda. 

Women are worse treated in the parts of the world with lowest religious following than the highest, as rape per capita data proves. 

Do share your profound insights on caste subjugation and enlighten us about what it could possibly be if not a form of slavery. If you ask me, caste slavery is the most extreme form of slavery. 

Certainly, your religion rightfully boasts the esteemed title of being the world's oldest. :giggle:

20 hours ago, Lannister said:

Because they all function within a democratic framework, except for Islam. A Hindu theocracy would be just as bad as an Islamic republic. All can veer towards extremist forms when faced with criticism.

Maldives functions within a democratic framework but it is illegal for a Maldivian citizen to be a non-Muslim, else capital punishment.

Malaysia, Bangladesh, Turkey aren't theocracies but look at them today.

12 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Do share your profound insights on caste subjugation and enlighten us about what it could possibly be if not a form of slavery. If you ask me, caste slavery is the most extreme form of slavery. 

how can it be slavery, when slavery has been defined  through the ages as a person being legal property of another, to be bought,sold or gifted to another ? On what basis is selling human beings as property better than not ? 

12 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Certainly, your religion rightfully boasts the esteemed title of being the world's oldest. :giggle:

So oldest = worst according to you. Funny, given that history has never been such linear simplicity. But then again, i am yet to see any citation of facts from you and you are just regurgitating baseless opinon. 

This thread confirming yet again that age old stereotypes about leftist and right wing doesn't hold true. Even till two decades back left was associated with being informed, rational and methodical. Right was crude and reactionary. That is clearly not saleable anymore. 

Historic association with scientific and progressive community means nothing as of now. Left is reactionary fascist and dogmatic. Except that dogma is leftist literature and not religious literature. 

Edited by ravishingravi

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

This thread confirming yet again that age old stereotypes about leftist and right wing doesn't hold true. Even till two decades back left was associated with being informed, rational and methodical. Right was crude and reactionary. That is clearly not saleable anymore. 

Historic association with scientific and progressive community means nothing as of now. Left is reactionary fascist and dogmatic. Except that dogma is leftist literature and not religious literature. 

The left glorifies the ramblings of a deadbeat dad named Marx. The guy who chose to sit around his ass,live off of his friend Engel's charity, while his kids starved to death. That is why leftist ideology is anti-human in its nature ( as in, it goes against standard dynamics of every single society prior to them and every single society that doesnt follow their retarded ideology) and why leftists have killed & genocided more people in the century since they've come to power, than any religion not asociated with the middle east, in the history of mankind. 

I was a leftist once ( not hard to be, being a bong who grew up in the CPM era) and was a proper card carrying cadre. Then, i became an adult and learnt to use my brain and saw through the leftist BS. Hence i dont subscribe to that failed German ideology.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:51 PM, Muloghonto said:

tell us again what the rape per capita figures are from all western countries, who are far less religious, than all asian countries and if there is a single western country that bats at a lower rape per capita than a single asian nation (except SoKo). 

We shall see the data on which part of the world mistreats women more.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to convey here. My focus is on the religious right and how their beliefs contribute to global harm. I haven't mentioned anything about Western culture, and I'm not particularly interested in that. Are incidents of rape even documented in Asian countries for comparison? Moreover, marital rapes aren't even considered a crime in India. What do you want to compare?