Why is Ruturaj rated so highly?

maniac

Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

True, but Gaikwad is just starting his career. He seems to have some skills and will only improve. KLR is on the wrong side of the hill and, after so many years, we know what we have in him. He's not going to improve that much more.

Guys like Gaikwad etc. can still improve. Their range of strokes can widen. Their confidence can increase. Will it all happen? No one knows. But, right now, I'd rather have him than, say, Prithvi Shaw.

And none of this means he is guaranteed a spot. Or that he is a long-term answer.

If he starts to falter, his feet must be held to the fire and someone should be ready. But for now; today; he ended up with a SR of 215 and you can't expect too much more.

good innings today and the final over did put this almost out of Australia’s reach so it may help today but you won’t get Maxwell and other average bowlers in critical situations to boost your score. It was a typical Indian top order innings.

99% of well-refined Indian domestic bats who are on the fringes can play this kind of knock against this attack  be it Sarfaraz Khan or Tripathi or Karun Nair if they take their time.

can’t kill a guy for performing so will leave him alone today but I don’t see India’s captain and regular X1 in him.

First  back up/Indian bench. Sure; he has earned it 

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Have seen Rahane play a knock like this against Steyn, Ishant, Mishra etc :nice:

I have truly enjoyed Ruturaj blast your pichwada with this innings. Even if he fails in every inning henceforth, this innings will be special... :aha: