India vs Pakistan, under-19 Asia cup

vvvslaxman

Too much criticism here really..

If anyone deserves our wholehearted unadulterated support, it's the young guys who have always given their all and proven themselves to be a notch above everyone else in their age group. We haven't missed an U19 world cup final since 2014. Made 5 out of the last 6 finals, winning it thrice. 

We kind of take it for granted...paxtanis would have declared themselves as a superhero race had their U19 uncles won half the junior world cups since 2008.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Too much criticism here really..

If anyone deserves our wholehearted unadulterated support, it's the young guys who have always given their all and proven themselves to be a notch above everyone else in their age group. We haven't missed an U19 world cup final since 2014. Made 5 out of the last 6 finals, winning it thrice. 

We kind of take it for granted...paxtanis would have declared themselves as a superhero race had their U19 uncles won half the junior world cups since 2008.

Definitely. I most sure don't think this is the best XI they can come up with. They are still iterating. Moment i saw few overs i could tell these guys are  uber inexperienced even for this level.  May be batting is good. But bowling is something that can be improved. I am confident that will be addressed. U19 provided us Rishab Pant , Sundar, Gill  who helped us make history at the Gabba.

Edited by vvvslaxman
14 minutes ago, Norman said:

I know the wounds of November 19 are still fresh but let's not get carried away here bringing ourselves down to the level of our useless neighbours on all sides. :phehe:

More than wounds, it's the chutzpah that we see everyday in BCCI which has adds fuel to the brainlessness of our selectors.

Selecting the same pile of stinking players again and again shamelessly has crossed limits.

Edited by singhvivek141
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hope Pakistan wins the cup...  Only way BCCI will do some changes.  If not pacers at least pick a wrist spinner? 

Suyash Sharma missed U19 WC last time...  Whose fault was that?  So many useless quota finger spinners were picked....  Same this time. 

Coach & selectors need belt treatment. 

Not seen the game today but we seem to prefer left arm finger spinners a lot at this level. They tend to always be decent bats. Remember Rahul Chahar not being picked for the 2018 team

8 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Not seen the game today but we seem to prefer left arm finger spinners a lot at this level. They tend to always be decent bats. Remember Rahul Chahar not being picked for the 2018 team

Poor strategy....  This is Bangladesh level mindset...  Just load teams with slow left arm spinners & hope for the best. 

Rehan Ahmed is now playing senior level cricket from last U19 WC & was a star in that tournament.  India picked no wrist spinner. 

After Bishnoi nothing has come. 

Lucky that KKR spotted Suyash...  Slap in the Face of corrupt unpadh BCCI & their blue eyed finger spinners were not picked by IPL sides. 

38 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Definitely. I most sure don't think this is the best XI they can come up with. They are still iterating. Moment i saw few overs i could tell these guys are  uber inexperienced even for this level.  May be batting is good. But bowling is something that can be improved. I am confident that will be addressed. U19 provided us Rishab Pant , Sundar, Gill  who helped us make history at the Gabba.

The problem is these same guys will **** the bed under TM. I have no hope 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

What would you take? Series win in aus or wtc final? Consensus seems the former here? 

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mavi/Nagarkoti/Porel in 2018, Tyagi in 2020, Hangarkekar in 2022.  India should be able to come up with some pacers replacing a few of these guys. 

They all will need endorsement from MSD to break in to the squad or need to create a strong PR machinery who can troll the selectors on Social Media day in and day out.

Indian Cricket work on recommendations now. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

India has been doing well in under-19 world cups because they always put up a good bowling unit. I think this time they went with a lot of batsmen and batsmen who could bowl. Not enough actual bowlers.  Probably they will fix it before the world cup. 

Bowlers need to learn how to hold a bat and whack a few. Enough dilly dallying.

Need to multi dimensional. Sorry

14 minutes ago, harpicP said:

What would you take? Series win in aus or wtc final? Consensus seems the former here? 

WTC final is a meaningless final which i dont care for. But Definitely ODI WC final any day. In Tests Series win anyday.  WTC final is just there to spice up regular test series. Nothing more.   Imagine Australia or NZ facing India in Bangladesh. India will mop floor with them even with IPL  overload. They have to move WTC final away from England. 

17 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

WTC final is a meaningless final which i dont care for. But Definitely ODI WC final any day. In Tests Series win anyday.  WTC final is just there to spice up regular test series. Nothing more.   Imagine Australia or NZ facing India in Bangladesh. India will mop floor with them even with IPL  overload. They have to move WTC final away from England. 

Tbf both losses in wtc final happened cause we dint prepare one bit. We dint play any tour games. Nz played englsnd itself for 2 tests.

Vs australia, Australia came 3 months before us to acclimate.

Who says that aus don't care about cricketing results lol. 

They care more than our so called campione team

18 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Tbf both losses in wtc final happened cause we dint prepare one bit. We dint play any tour games. Nz played englsnd itself for 2 tests.

Vs australia, Australia came 3 months before us to acclimate.

Who says that aus don't care about cricketing results lol. 

They care more than our so called campione team

Ofcourse we didn't prepare for either of the two WTC finals, 5th test either.  But i still think WTC final cannot happen only in a SENA country especially when we are up against SENA team. It has to happen at the WTC table topper's country.