South Africa vs India - 1st T20I Durban

Austin 3:!6

46 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Every team is playing Few T20s before WT20...  Preparation for T20 is overrated.  Just pick in form players & hope for the best. 

This ^^^.     Aus went into the WT20 2021 by playing very few t20s.  And got thrashed in the last t20 series to Ban by a margin of 1-5.  LOL.  Still went on to win the trophy.   Goes to show that this is a tukka format which requires little bit of smart execution and/or luck.  Too many intl t20 games, too much analysis and thinking are not required.  Just need to pick the right players for the right role. 

Edited by Frustrated
1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

This ^^^.     Aus went into the WT20 2021 by playing very few t20s.  And got thrashed in the last t20 series to Ban by a margin of 1-5.  LOL.  Still went on to win the trophy.   Goes to show that this is a tukka format which requires little bit of smart execution and/or luck.  Too many intl t20 games, too much analysis and thinking are not required.  Just need to pick the right players for the right role. 

Luck = Toss. Simple. Last 11/ 12 knockouts  in t20 wc ie 7 semis and 4 finals have been won by the team winning the toss .. the only team winning a ko/ semifinal losing the toss: India against Saf in 2014

17 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Luck = Toss. Simple. Last 11/ 12 knockouts  in t20 wc ie 7 semis and 4 finals have been won by the team winning the toss .. the only team winning a ko/ semifinal losing the toss: India against Saf in 2014

Same with odi wc. Since 2011 every time we lost in semis or finals it's when we lost toss. How we haven't won a single toss in a final (grand) or semis till this year is just unfathomable. ..even wtc both finals lost toss lol. Amazing

Edited by harpicP
1 minute ago, harpicP said:

Same with odi wc. Since 2011 every time we lost in semis or finals it's when we lost toss. How we haven't won a single toss in a final (grand) or semis till this year is just unfathomable. ..even wtc both finals lost toss lol. Amazing

We won toss in wtc final 2023, won toss in wc final 2003, won toss in ct final 2017

35 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Ahh we did indeed in wtc final. Wrong choice. 

We messed up after winning the toss. I was in the stands and i could not believe india would bowl first as the forecast was bone dry heat in the afternoon.. only 2 hours of cloud at the beginning and india got scared notwithstanding the fact that 1.5 yrs ago they won in oval batting first..i had to spend the day watching head piling on runs .. i left at 5.30 pm as I couldn’t take it anymore..

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Meanwhile SA has double of India's per capita Income...  And leagues ahead in HDI. 

Senile Gavaskar is embarrassing India here.. 

Joburg Capetown Durban all are better than 99% Indian stadiums with pathetic outfield & stands. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Meanwhile SA has double of India's per capita Income...  And leagues ahead in HDI. 

Senile Gavaskar is embarrassing India here.. 

Joburg Capetown Durban all are better than 99% Indian stadiums with pathetic outfield & stands. 

Lol this lodu gavaskar forget how 30 mins of rain cause kolkata and guahati t20 match got abomdoned.