SA vs India 2nd T20 official thread Dec 12 2023

31 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Venue: a place I never heard of and can't pronounce 

Port Elizabeth.. now called Gqeberha.. The venue of the test match which started the end of ICC and rise of BCCI..  The Mike Denness test happened here and India decided to pack their bags.. till SAF bowed down and the third test was declared unofficial..mike denness never officiated a test again...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-south-africa-2001-02-62291/south-africa-vs-india-2nd-test-63952/full-scorecard

14 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Port Elizabeth.. now called Gqeberha.. The venue of the test match which started the end of ICC and rise of BCCI..  The Mike Denness test happened here and India decided to pack their bags.. till SAF bowed down and the third test was declared unofficial..mike denness never officiated a test again...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-south-africa-2001-02-62291/south-africa-vs-india-2nd-test-63952/full-scorecard

I only have a vague remembrance of this incident, am biased of course, and so I think it was a witch-hunt against SRT.

23 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I only have a vague remembrance of this incident, am biased of course, and so I think it was a witch-hunt against SRT.

it was not a witch hunt.. it was one of the most pathetic racially aggravated incidents even seen in a cricket field when 5 players were charged for excessive appealing and Sachin was charged for using his nails to take of the dirt from the ball.. and see now the whole saf is waiting for this india tour.Cricket South Africa (CSA) is now looking to mitigate their previous three years’ combined losses of USD 28.5 million as per a recent Cricbuzz report.CSA’s ambitions won’t just end by wiping away the above mentioned losses. In fact, they intend to make an additional profit of USD 40.2 million – all within a 29-day India’s tour of South Africa.