Good news for fast bowling fans

Sandz

10 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

How is it good news for fast bowling fans?

Swing at Chetan disregarding what that boy went through to reach here.

Below thanks to cricbuzz 

Chetan grewup in a household of five, finances were tight - so much so that Sakariya didn’t own a pair of cricketing spikes until he was gifted a pair by senior Saurashtra player Sheldon Jackson just before attending the MRF Pace Academy. His father, a transport driver, was forced to give up the profession due to ill health, leaving Sakariya as the only breadwinner of the family.

Like many other Indian teenagers from a modest background, was discouraged from taking up the sport. A government job, his parents believed, would be the ideal career that would grant their son stability and comfort.

34 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Below thanks to cricbuzz 

Chetan grewup in a household of five, finances were tight - so much so that Sakariya didn’t own a pair of cricketing spikes until he was gifted a pair by senior Saurashtra player Sheldon Jackson just before attending the MRF Pace Academy. His father, a transport driver, was forced to give up the profession due to ill health, leaving Sakariya as the only breadwinner of the family.

Like many other Indian teenagers from a modest background, was discouraged from taking up the sport. A government job, his parents believed, would be the ideal career that would grant their son stability and comfort.

Has surely made enough money by now..  Has an India cap to his name.  There are so many others from same background more talented who will never have what he has. 

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Has surely made enough money by now..  Has an India cap to his name.  There are so many others from same background more talented who will never have what he has. 

If he was smart he could have bought like several properties and live off rent money alone

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Below thanks to cricbuzz 

Indian Cricket is filled up with such stories of struggles, what he did with his shortcomings is incredible but he surely isn't good enough.

1. Jaiswal was a Pani puri seller

2. Rinku Singh used to deliver cylinders

3. Umesh Yadav's father was a coal mine worker

4. Shami is from a poor village background

5. Kuldeep Sen's father had a small barber shop, he was supported a lot by Ishwar Pandey

6. Natarajan was a porter

Edited by singhvivek141
1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Indian Cricket is filled up with such stories of struggles, what he did with his shortcomings is incredible but he surely isn't good enough.

5. Kuldeep Sen's father had a small barber shop, he was supported a lot by Ishwar Pandey

Porter? That requires serious level of strength. Prime natrajan was bowlinf 135 to 140 in domestics. Did well and then was hampered by injuries sadly. Remodelled his action roo.

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Dhoni was a ticket checker

Ganguly was a prince

both were indian captains.. end of day its skills and perseverence and ability to get better.. once Sakariya was in ranji team his monetary issue was solved for good. A ranji player earns around 20 lakhs a year. Then you play vijay hazare et al and ipl and you earn more. He earned 1.2 crores in 21 and 22 from RR. . Thats 2.4 crores. Add it with the above domestic salary plus payment for being in indian squad..he will now fall into the bracket of High Networth Individual with ICICI HDFC Private bankin guys swarming around him..Bowling action has nothing to do with individual wealth. 

Lo kar lo baat. It was a mistake by bcci. He is not in the list. How can an institution whose annual revenue is going to touch a billion dollars in 2 year can make this kind of mess up

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/128827/bcci-to-course-correct-after-sakariya-suspect-action-error
BCCI to course correct after Sakariya suspect action error

It later came to light that a player from the south zone with a similar name, Chetan, was supposed to be on that suspect list.

I dont have any words to express and we icf fans have been arguing this and bringing in coolie porter farmer ticket checker cylinder carrier references for no reason..

Edited by neel roy
18 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Whats your point? just because so many came from modest background we should go around creating thread mocking them when they are at the lowest fighting for survival. 

53 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Whats your point? just because so many came from modest background we should go around creating thread mocking them when they are at the lowest fighting for survival. 

My point is "he is not good enough", I am not commenting negatively on his struggles but I am sure many sportsperson & non sportspersons have went through such struggles in the childhood.

He is earning decently through domestics & IPL..so his money problems are not an issue anymore.

But he is not someone who is exceptional, him getting an India cap was a travesty.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

My point is "he is not good enough", I am not commenting negatively on his struggles but I am sure many sportsperson & non sportspersons have went through such struggles in the childhood.

He is earning decently through domestics & IPL..so his money problems are not an issue anymore.

But he is not someone who is exceptional, him getting an India cap was a travesty.

He has better FC numbers than few who are in SA

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Exactly, and a few on here are missing the point. India needs to produce better quality bowlers with much higher ceiling than him, it’s a shame players like him get to represent India in this day and age.