RANJI TROPHY |2023/24|

Suhaan

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

No batsman showed up from either side other.than Mumbai tail. Sai kishore as a bowler deserves a look in. Given that Axar bowling has gone to dogs and Sai can bat he could nbe tried as back up of Jaddu.

Indrajit batted well enough. scored a 70 in the second innings, and stuck around for some time in the 1st innings as well. had a batting avg of 40+ on this pitch.

Agree regd Kishore.

Edited by Vijy
25 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Indrajit batted well enough. scored a 70 in the second innings, and stuck around for some time in the 1st innings as well. had a batting avg of 40+ on this pitch.

Agree regd Kishore.

Indrajit is good yes

Tamil Nadu coach Sulakshan Kulkarni reckoned that Tamil Nadu lost the semi-final at the toss on day one itself after captain R Sai Kishore elected to bat in helpful conditions for the bowlers.

Kulkarni did not mince his words stating that they were "mentally prepared" that whoever wins the toss would elect to bowl first but the "captain had some different instinct".

Kulkarni said "The moment I saw the wicket I exactly knew what we were going to get. Everything was set, we won the toss, as a coach, as a Mumbaikar, I know the conditions well. We should have bowled but the captain had some different instinct."

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

Tamil Nadu coach Sulakshan Kulkarni reckoned that Tamil Nadu lost the semi-final at the toss on day one itself after captain R Sai Kishore elected to bat in helpful conditions for the bowlers.

Kulkarni did not mince his words stating that they were "mentally prepared" that whoever wins the toss would elect to bowl first but the "captain had some different instinct".

Kulkarni said "The moment I saw the wicket I exactly knew what we were going to get. Everything was set, we won the toss, as a coach, as a Mumbaikar, I know the conditions well. We should have bowled but the captain had some different instinct."

15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

No batsman showed up from either side other.than Mumbai tail. Sai kishore as a bowler deserves a look in. Given that Axar bowling has gone to dogs and Sai can bat he could nbe tried as back up of Jaddu.

Sai Kishore should be tried, he is bowling very well but his batting technique is abysmal, proper hack. Not a patch on Axar as a batsman

MP vs VD getting super close. Venky out so its all upto Saransh Jain and Yash Dubey after which comes MP's nonexistent tail. I dont know whether at this point 122 to runs too little or too much for them. All depends in their grit I guess.

So 2 teams of Maharashtra are in finals.

Could this be the last game for Umesh Yadav...it's understood that he and Ishant aren't in India's scheme of things anymore. Umesh can get his farewell on the high if he contributes for Vidarbha's victory in Ranji (ofcourse he can continue to play IPL and earn money). 

So far he has picked up 27 wickets in 7 games at an SR of 45 and an average of 27...not too great but not too bad either. He is anyway the biggest star ever in the history of Vidarbha Cricket.

10 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Could this be the last game for Umesh Yadav...it's understood that he and Ishant aren't in India's scheme of things anymore. Umesh can get his farewell on the high if he contributes for Vidarbha's victory in Ranji (ofcourse he can continue to play IPL and earn money). 

So far he has picked up 27 wickets in 7 games at an SR of 45 and an average of 27...not too great but not too bad either. He is anyway the biggest star ever in the history of Vidarbha Cricket.

I would have kept him for tests in India, it's not like we have that many options.

2 hours ago, MediumPacer said:

I would have kept him for tests in India, it's not like we have that many options.

His time is up, I don't see him now.

His non selection in this series despite being fit is an indication of that...we even preferred Mukesh Kumar above him.

Bumrah, Siraj, Shami (for some time) are our A tier bowlers, with second preference to Avesh, Akashdeep & Mukesh. 

Umesh is not even in top 6.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think Umesh should play one more season in FC, he and Ishant should take up the role of mentoring the young fast bowlers.

Pujara and Rahane should be doing the same with batsmen, I don't know if that is happening.

6 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

His time is up, I don't see him now.

His non selection in this series despite being fit is an indication of that...we even preferred Mukesh Kumar above him.

Bumrah, Siraj, Shami (for some time) are our A tier bowlers, with second preference to Avesh, Akashdeep & Mukesh. 

Umesh is not even in top 6.

There are some fringer players like Kaverappa. But they are all military medium trundlers. I don't mind bowlers dropping a bit of pace after first two spells. But these guys start with 125 to 130 kph. That fragile Prasidh has become a grade A trundler. He doesn't have that first bowler build to begin with. India needs bowler who can bowl fast when needed and bowl long as well.  Finding Test fast bowler is harder than finding LOI bowler.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

There are some fringer players like Kaverappa. But they are all military medium trundlers. I don't mind bowlers dropping a bit of pace after first two spells. But these guys start with 125 to 130 kph. That fragile Prasidh has become a grade A trundler. He doesn't have that first bowler build to begin with. India needs bowler who can bowl fast when needed and bowl long as well.  Finding Test fast bowler is harder than finding LOI bowler.

But if they get good bounce and maintain accuracy and consistent line and length, it compensates for that lack of pace no? Sounds like Kaverappa ticks those boxes. 

4 hours ago, Sooda said:

But if they get good bounce and maintain accuracy and consistent line and length, it compensates for that lack of pace no? Sounds like Kaverappa ticks those boxes. 

For that to happen the bowler would have to be freakishly tall to extract bounce/steep climb with lower pace. Some1 with Kyle Jamieson (NZ) build  who operates in mid to high 130s kmph. Not sure if there have been any bowler(may be V.Prasad) with 125-135 kmph pace and steep bounce or if there was some1 who could have troubled intnl batters 

4 hours ago, tapandrun said:

For that to happen the bowler would have to be freakishly tall to extract bounce/steep climb with lower pace. Some1 with Kyle Jamieson (NZ) build  who operates in mid to high 130s kmph. Not sure if there have been any bowler(may be V.Prasad) with 125-135 kmph pace and steep bounce or if there was some1 who could have troubled intnl batters 

Abey Kuruvilla was there, he was freakishly tall and used to bowl 120-130...didn't succeed much.

Venkatesh Prasad's stats are also mediocre at best. Though he was a containing bowler thereby giving a perfect foil to Srinath who was quick, pick more wickets but also can go for runs.

• The topic was unpinned