Shubman Gill : Just too many weaknesses ?

Number

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Carl had the distinct fluidity and ample time that Gill has, but was always a bit too loose and prone to throwing it away. Just like Gill is. Gill imo will be just like that. He will suck till people wonder why he isnt dropped, then play a class innings with the team's wall against the back that'll make people wonder why doesn't he average 50. 

carl was far better than gill vs spin even from early in his career. he used to take on warne like sidhu. if gill faced warne, the latter would have absolutely butchered him

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

carl was far better than gill vs spin even from early in his career. he used to take on warne like sidhu. if gill faced warne, the latter would have absolutely butchered him

Well its hard to tell how well Gill will play big turners of the ball since he hasn't faced any. Yes, Carl had the class to tear apart Warne as well as rip wasim-waqar to shreds in their own home turf. When Carl was on song, people wondered why is his name not with the likes of Tendy or Lara, given that this chap was technically correct, had such a good eye that he was never hurried and could even misread length from a spinner, press forward and then rock back for the most delicious late cuts. 

I predict Gill will go that way. 

Gill actually has been pretty decisive with his footwork against spin till couple of years back. He has regressed since then or rather I  say lost his focus to build on his fundamentals as a 22 yr old in last 2 years.

Remember, the culture set by seniors and management to be overtly protective and at times selfish also did not help. He has lost his confident fearless stroke making touch to become a more tentative fearful batsman instead.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:37 AM, BacktoCricaddict said:

This time, the team really needed it, with all the others laying eggs. Come on guys, credit where credit is due. Plus the 4 catches in Eng's first innings were critical. He's a promising youngster.

I would love it if this form carries on and he becomes consistent with his scoring. In fact, I have been a vehement supporter of him earlier in his career. However, of late, I had observed that the fame and publicity appeared to be getting to his head and we could see him partying even during the World Cup. I hope he also takes every opportunity to play domestic cricket whenever he is not on international or IPL duty. 

The reason I am a bit sceptical is because we have a big example in front of us in the form of KL Rahul, who only scored runs when his place was threatened in the team and then when he scored runs, he didn't make full use of his form by continuing to score runs and make big knocks (200+). When in form, it is important to make most use of it. Even Pujara, Rahane, Kohli over the last few years only played these kind of "place saving" knocks. So I sincerely hope this one was not just a one-off. 

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

This is serious low of his career,meeting some chewt cheap @sss Bigg Boss winner, yuck :sick:

Do you know this Orry guy. He is some famous clown in B'wood circles. 

He was partying with him during WC time too. :giggle:

F92rlBaXkAAqfxa?format=jpg&name=small

35 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ab iss BC ko kabhi support nahi karunga

Anyone sharing space with Munawar Faruqui deserves to be cancelled. That SoB made fun of Prabhu Shri Ram and Maa Sita (crass language, would never dare to do that with a Muhammad or Jesus) in some standup show, mocked the Godhra train victims. Imagine making a hero of this dangerous fundamentalist while Nupur Sharma can never step out of her house for quoting some verses from hadiths (even Islamic scholars said her statement was 100% true).  Unfair world where this extremist wins a popularity contest, and gets greeted like a war hero by thousands. 

Edited by Gollum
21 minutes ago, Number said:

Do you know this Orry guy. He is some famous clown in B'wood circles. 

He was partying with him during WC time too. :giggle:

F92rlBaXkAAqfxa?format=jpg&name=small

Once upon a time Bollywood bigwigs used to be in awe of top Indian cricketers like Pataudi, Gavaskar, Sachin.

Then came a phase where Bollywoodia A listers treated Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kohli as their equals. 

Now we enter a phase where Gill is in awe of Orry, Munawar and nepo gang of Suhana/Sara/Jhanvi/Ananya.

What a fall for Indian cricket!!!!!! 

No matter how much these cricketers annoy us, they have 10 times the talent, work ethic, discipline, mental toughness of Bollywoodia scumbags, and even there people like Orry, nepo gang are bottom of the pile. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Once upon a time Bollywood bigwigs used to be in awe of top Indian cricketers like Pataudi, Gavaskar, Sachin.

Then came a phase where Bollywoodia A listers treated Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kohli as their equals. 

Now we enter a phase where Gill is in awe of Orry, Munawar and nepo gang of Suhana/Sara/Jhanvi/Ananya.

What a fall for Indian cricket!!!!!! 

No matter how much these cricketers annoy us, they have 10 times the talent, work ethic and mental toughness of these Bollywoodia scumbag, and even there people like Orry, nepo gang are bottom of the pile. 

Vahi toh apna level kyu gira rahe ho inn logo se mil ke

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Vahi toh apna level kyu gira rahe ho inn logo se mil ke

No chance of long term friendship with such shallow people. They will hang out with the flavour of the season, that is their privilege. Today it is Gill, tomorrow may be Jaiswal, day after may be Rinku. 

Gill should surround himself with better people, who is advising him I wonder.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Anyone sharing space with Munawar Faruqui deserves to be cancelled. That SoB made fun of Prabhu Shri Ram and Maa Sita in some standup show, mocked the Godhra train victims. Imagine making a hero of this dangerous fundamentalist while Nupur Sharma can never step out of her house for quoting some verses from hadiths (even Islamic scholars said her statement was 100% true).  Unfair world where this potential jihadi wins a popularity contest, and gets greeted like a war hero by thousands. 

Harsh Reality is Farooqi has insane fan following among Muslims & young chapri Youth...  I bet entire Bambi belt is crazy for him.  I honestly don't know WTF is wrong with that region. 

So no surprise these new cricketers want to be in that circle for their own benefit. 

Farooqi even won a show that Kangana Hosted & lifted the trophy.  I remember RW had a meltdown over it & then they collectively Ditched Kangana lol