Saim Ayub Thread

4 hours ago, Autonomous said:

People are calling him out as Akmal too early. 

This guy is a very free flowing bat unlike our other players. Sublime timing in the shots as well as wrists 

But by Pakistan standard may be. But we have seen enough of Pak "talents" over a period. Toffee kumar, Ahmed shezhad, Imrfan nazir, Nasir Jamshed,  Umar Akmal. They find someone striking the ball. They hype him to the moon only to find disappointment.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

But by Pakistan standard may be. But we have seen enough of Pak "talents" over a period. Toffee kumar, Ahmed shezhad, Imrfan nazir, Nasir Jamshed,  Umar Akmal. They find someone striking the ball. They hype him to the moon only to find disappointment.

Has a good domestic record.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

For how long. on certain what sort of pitches against what sort of attacks.  Mohammad Harris   was hyped to the moon as well after  a few innings. 

He is aggressive and a touch Indian elegance in batting

I have seen him just little and haven't found that peculiar ugly trigger as yet which is associated with even best of Pakistan batsmen who have been aggressive

Was impressed in the Sydney test. Was a bit fortunate but still looks decent.

Has a bit of Tilak Varma about him when he first broke through. The ability to use quick hands to get shots away, especially on fuller ones and the swivel of the hips pull short

Wait to see if he does better or gets found out as the latter. His test debut though made him look a lot more compact

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

For how long. on certain what sort of pitches against what sort of attacks.  Mohammad Harris   was hyped to the moon as well after  a few innings. 

There is a daylight between their domestic performances

I like his intent and free flow but lets keep a watch on him on the below:

1-how he plays around the world(intl level not franchise cricket) if given opportunity..we know how much politics is there in that dressing room if it takes a toll on him.

2-With more success..when oppositions try to plan against him and figuring out his weaknesses

3-if any injury\forms loss happens and how he recovers..

This is just not for only him but for any player..

Edited by Need4Speed

Have not seen him much, but is he not Fakkar kind of batter ? What is the different thing he is bringing.

Plays high risk, that can come off one day and could go cheaply other day. He has the T20 kind of intent but does he fit into Pak batting set-up, Fakkar find it hard to fit and keeps getting pushed to lower batting orders  to keep his place in the team.

Edited by tapandrun

He is a lot more Tilak Varma than Jaiswal. Same flaws of looking great with great handspeed throwing the bat at fuller ones but when length is pulled back they struggle.

At least Tilak is a lot gritty to stick around for some lose ones and get some useful runs. Saim Ayub has a long way to go

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Was run out in the 1st game.   3 consecutive single digit scores since then.  

Lol at most talented batsmen in long time. Typical Pakistani hype machine and few Indians also fall for it. He is just andho me kanha raja rather than usual slogging which Pakistani batsmen does he try to play it elegantly but he has same issue at off stump which others pakistani hacks have/had.

Edited by raki05

I'm sorry why on earth does this guy have a separate thread over here on an Indian forum? 

I mean I'd have understood if it was for some obvious out of the world , sensational talent but this guy bats like a poor man's Colin Munro at best. I don't know what paxtanis would have done if they had the likes of Gill, Jaiswal, Pant etc.

4 hours ago, Vickydev said:

He is a lot more Tilak Varma than Jaiswal. Same flaws of looking great with great handspeed throwing the bat at fuller ones but when length is pulled back they struggle.

At least Tilak is a lot gritty to stick around for some lose ones and get some useful runs. Saim Ayub has a long way to go

Have to watch more of him..  They should back this guy.  He is surely not a tulla. 

Henry took him out with a jaffa today. 

He would do well in Carribean & US with his technique. 

CPL experience may come handy 

35 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Have to watch more of him..  They should back this guy.  He is surely not a tulla. 

Henry took him out with a jaffa today. 

He would do well in Carribean & US with his technique. 

CPL experience may come handy 

May work on those slow tracks. But clever bowlers will nail him.

On 1/12/2024 at 4:06 PM, Need4Speed said:

I like his intent and free flow but lets keep a watch on him on the below:

1-how he plays around the world(intl level not franchise cricket) if given opportunity..we know how much politics is there in that dressing room if it takes a toll on him.

2-With more success..when oppositions try to plan against him and figuring out his weaknesses

3-if any injury\forms loss happens and how he recovers..

This is just not for only him but for any player..

NZ are serious about 2. even though he is fairly new..good international quality bowlers..make you pay for your shortcomings..ask Iyer...how Ayub come sback from here will define his future..also he will ahve to fight against internal politics too

Edited by Need4Speed