India squad for T20 series against Afghanistan announced - Rohit & Kohli returns

Didn't want either of them but if it had to be one then it was obviously kohli but too much pr at work and broadcaster's pressure too (to gain viewership). I think Rahul will be back for worldcup as wicket keeper batsman so team would be like this

Rohit (c)

Gill

Kohli

Rahul (wk)

Sky

Pandya (as batsman, unfit to bowl)

Jadeja (vc)

which would be same xi as our odi worldcup.

6 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

There are enough back up players to form the squad. But the problem is none of them are contenders for the captaincy and vice captaincy role in an intl t20 series.  Suddenly a rookie can't be made kaptaan (even temporarily).  Pandya & SKY getting injured simultaneously is a big concern.  

Enough back up players but they havent got enough opportunities and to thrust them suddenly in a wc wont be everyones cup of tea. Selectors played safe. Simple. Till they both decide to hang up their boots it will be difficult. thank god at least we have rinku now

Looks like Jitesh is first choice wk then?

Assuming Rohit, Virat, Sky, Hardik, Jitesh are 5 of the top 6 or 7... which one or two of Gill, Jaiswal, Rinku, Tilak get in? And it has to be only one of those 4 in reality as the team needs 6 bowlers including Hardik

Huge backwards step and kick in the teeth for youngsters who have been playing fearless cricket 

15 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Looks like Jitesh is first choice wk then?

Assuming Rohit, Virat, Sky, Hardik, Jitesh are 5 of the top 6 or 7... which one or two of Gill, Jaiswal, Rinku, Tilak get in? And it has to be only one of those 4 in reality as the team needs 6 bowlers including Hardik

Huge backwards step and kick in the teeth for youngsters who have been playing fearless cricket 

Of course Rinku gets dropped. 

42 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Enough back up players but they havent got enough opportunities and to thrust them suddenly in a wc wont be everyones cup of tea. Selectors played safe. Simple. Till they both decide to hang up their boots it will be difficult. thank god at least we have rinku now

Unless of course infinite wisdom calls for him to make way for the future that is Rohit and Kohli

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Didn't want either of them but if it had to be one then it was obviously kohli but too much pr at work and broadcaster's pressure too (to gain viewership). I think Rahul will be back for worldcup as wicket keeper batsman so team would be like this

Rohit (c)

Gill

Kohli

Rahul (wk)

Sky

Pandya (as batsman, unfit to bowl)

Jadeja (vc)

which would be same xi as our odi worldcup.

Consistency baby, Consistency.

Experience is important, ICC trophies are secondary.

Edited by singhvivek141

Rohit hasn’t performed well in any t20 world cup and I think he was the one most affected by the world cup loss.

Shouldnt have been picked but the only thing that inspires some confidence about him is how he batted in the world cup, if he continues the same approach, it will work fine.

Kohli obviously should be the first pick in WestIndian conditions, they are tailor made for his style of t20 batting.

Expecting Sky to finally show up.

This would be my team :

Sharma

Jaiswal

Kohli

Sky

Pandya

Rinku

Jitesh

Bumrah

Kuldeep/Bishnoi

Siraj

Arshdeep

Batting till 7, we know Indian tail cannot be modified coz we have no good bowling allrounder.

Chahar could have been a choice but he is usually injured.

I don’t think we can do anything to fix our tail.

So just stavk up your batting till 7 and play only 5 bowlers, no need of 6th bowler in t20s

5 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Rohit hasn’t performed well in any t20 world cup and I think he was the one most affected by the world cup loss.

Shouldnt have been picked but the only thing that inspires some confidence about him is how he batted in the world cup, if he continues the same approach, it will work fine.

Kohli obviously should be the first pick in WestIndian conditions, they are tailor made for his style of t20 batting.

Expecting Sky to finally show up.

This would be my team :

Sharma

Jaiswal

Kohli

Sky

Pandya

Rinku

Jitesh

Bumrah

Kuldeep/Bishnoi

Siraj

Arshdeep

Batting till 7, we know Indian tail cannot be modified coz we have no good bowling allrounder.

Chahar could have been a choice but he is usually injured.

I don’t think we can do anything to fix our tail.

So just stavk up your batting till 7 and play only 5 bowlers, no need of 6th bowler in t20s

We will need a backup for Pandya though..will be Axar?