India squad for T20 series against Afghanistan announced - Rohit & Kohli returns

7 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

HAHAHA I don't know if BCCI is trolling the fans or the fans just are idiots.

After losing 3 T20 WC in a row, still same 2 guys lingering in the team in the name of "experience"

Once again the bilateral tournament where youngsters were tried was for nothing as seniors took a vacation.

Ye t20wc toh jhaanki hai

2027WC,2028t20 WC abhi baki hai

Lord Sir Dhoni Deva has set such a beautiful precedent in front of forthcoming gens that they won't go before 20-25 yrs of torture

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ye t20wc toh jhaanki hai

2027WC,2028t20 WC abhi baki hai

Lord Sir Dhoni Deva has set such a beautiful precedent in front of forthcoming gens that they won't go before 20-25 yrs of torture

The foundation was set by SRT chasing that 100th hundred which Dhoni had learnt this from. I think retiring on 99 hundreds would have had a beautiful Bradman feel to it.

For me it is one stain on his career from my point of view.

Make no mistake the kids that we like and love today, will end up being like Kohli and Rohit and not retiring as well.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

The foundation was set by SRT chasing that 100th hundred which Dhoni had learnt this from. I think retiring on 99 hundreds would have had a beautiful Bradman feel to it.

For me it is one stain on his career from my point of view.

Make no mistake the kids that we like and love today, will end up being like Kohli and Rohit and not retiring as well.

Yes that looked quite bad

But SRT never played t20s,someway or the other you need to make way

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Yes that looked quite bad

But SRT never played t20s,someway or the other you need to make way

IIRC I think he scored that 100th 100 against Bangla who was a very very low minnow at the time too.

19 hours ago, Majestic said:

My team for World T20 alongwith backups assuming someone or other will certainly get injured:-

Rohit

Kohli

Kishan/Samson(wkt)

SKY

Hardik

Rinku

Axar

Arshdeep

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Siraj

Backups :-

Opener - Jaiswal

keeper - Kishan/Samson

MO batsman - Tilak Verma, Rahul

Bowlers/AR - Shami, Bishnoi, Jadeja

It will be in reality

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

SKY

Rahul (wk)

Hardik

Jadeja

Bumrah

Siraj

Kuldeep

Arshdeep

Bench:

Kishan (wk)

Rinku/Jaiswal/Shreyas

Axar/Bishnoi/Chahal

Mukesh/Avesh

There is complete chaos as far as the captaincy for WT20 is concerned.  By the time the WT20 starts, Pandya(captain) and SKY(VC) would hv returned to the team.  What will happen to Rohit's captaincy then?   Even if Pandya gets re-injured, we hv SKY who is supposed to take over.   :laugh:

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't know on what basis bozos like Pandya and Rahul are being made into captains.

IPL

Gill is going to lead GT now, soon you will find his name as well in mix from next year onwards.

Gill, Pant, Hardik, Shreyas, Rohit all became mainstream names for captaincy due to IPL.

8 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

IPL

Gill is going to lead GT now, soon you will find his name as well in mix from next year onwards.

Gill, Pant, Hardik, Shreyas, Rohit all became mainstream names for captaincy due to IPL.

Rohit is getting exposed as a fraud captain, the more test matches and odis he captains the more he is getting exposed.He has no clue on how to handle fast bowlers nor is he inspiring captain who will lead by example both on and off the field.He has become a fat slob , how will he guide others .

IPL captaincy and Indian captaincy are totally different.

On a side note Why did GT get rid of their captain.

Edited by putrevus
4 hours ago, Frustrated said:

There is complete chaos as far as the captaincy for WT20 is concerned.  By the time the WT20 starts, Pandya(captain) and SKY(VC) would hv returned to the team.  What will happen to Rohit's captaincy then?   Even if Pandya gets re-injured, we hv SKY who is supposed to take over.   :laugh:

The WCT20 XI will be very similar to the ODI WC XI:

Rohit, Gill, Kohli, SKY, Samson, Pandya, Axar, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Shami, Siraj

SKY, Samson and Axar come in place of Shreyas, KL and Jadeja. 

I'm not sure even if this will happen. There is a chance that all three might sneak back to T20, and we might end up playing the same XI as the ODI WC.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:14 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

Kohli on slow pitches ? If Rohit and Kohli are back , it means they'll be going with a batting order of

Rohit 

Gill

Kohli

SKY

Iyer

Jitesh/Samson(wk)

Jadeja 

What could possibly go wrong ? :giggle:

You said the same thing about Kohli in world cup and as usual you were wrong. 

You know that right. 

You are always wrong, it's definitely a record for number of times a guy can br wrong. 

You said the same thing about Bumrah and he did well. 

I know now you will come up with a lame excuse of how Kohli and bumrah didn't play well in the last world cup but pls save that for the noobs, not me. 

If the matches are in USA, the pitches are flat and Kohli will chase any target. 

On Wi pitches where we will get low scores, Kohli's mastery of building innings and chasing will help.

@Frustrated

Your stats include the 3 worst years of Kohli, as you know he is in a different zone now, try gathering his stats from his peak phase. 

You are just filtering stats based on your agenda 

37 minutes ago, Adamant said:

You said the same thing about Kohli in world cup and as usual you were wrong. 

You know that right. 

You are always wrong, it's definitely a record for number of times a guy can br wrong. 

You said the same thing about Bumrah and he did well. 

I know now you will come up with a lame excuse of how Kohli and bumrah didn't play well in the last world cup but pls save that for the noobs, not me. 

If the matches are in USA, the pitches are flat and Kohli will chase any target. 

On Wi pitches where we will get low scores, Kohli's mastery of building innings and chasing will help.

@Frustrated

Your stats include the 3 worst years of Kohli, as you know he is in a different zone now, try gathering his stats from his peak phase. 

The attack was carried by Shami. Bumrah wasn't picking wickets and by the time of the KO's, he lost his radar as well in the opening overs .  This was seen especially against NZ where he ended up giving width to Conway and getting punished .

Kohli was pretty much the anchor. He could play the way he could because there were others taking risks all around him . Rohit and Iyer played much more im

That's not a luxury you can afford in T20's.

Even in the World Cup he absolutely struggled against left arm spin. 

You can see that see that especially in the group stage match against NZ where he could barely score off Santner throughout. 

Didn't realise you kept a counter to see how often someone is wrong. 

If you think Kohli deserves to be in the T20 side especially considering the players we now have are a lot more explosive than Virat and also offer a point of difference (left handers), then I'm sorry I don't agree with that. 

At least Dhoni had decency to retire after 2019 WC.

Looks like Kohli and Rohit will never retire.

Rohit is the most cunning for realizing his lack of fitness and skill diminishing where he can no longer score hundreds. He turned into an Afridi where fans are now calling him "selfless" for scoring quick 30 and getting out in the powerplay possibly the easiest conditions to bat on these days with fields in and new ball.

Kohli just hands on due to his fitness but can't score hundreds any more and can't hit sixes even if his life depended on it.

Yet, the idiotic fans and PR act as if they are the best and there are no alternatives even for T20 when so many players are waiting for an opportunity.

It's really sad that Jadeja, Kohli, Rahul and Rohit will be playing in T20 when there are at least 20 better younger players who can replace them.

The joke of the century is fans will still watch and fill BCCI coffers.

9 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Absolute travesty to relegate Rinku Singh to the bench. But whatever.

Yeah, they should play only one of Pandya/Jadeja/Axar/Washington, and play Rinku at 6.

But that would mean that we play only 5 bowlers, one of which is Pandya/Jadeja/Axar/Washington

5 hours ago, Adamant said:

@Frustrated

It seems you hv erroneously tagged me here.  As I hv never posted any stats on kohli nor hv commented anything on him.  Must be some confusion at your end.   :giggle: 

Edited by Frustrated
4 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

At least Dhoni had decency to retire after 2019 WC.

Looks like Kohli and Rohit will never retire.

Rohit is the most cunning for realizing his lack of fitness and skill diminishing where he can no longer score hundreds. He turned into an Afridi where fans are now calling him "selfless" for scoring quick 30 and getting out in the powerplay possibly the easiest conditions to bat on these days with fields in and new ball.

Kohli just hands on due to his fitness but can't score hundreds any more and can't hit sixes even if his life depended on it.

Yet, the idiotic fans and PR act as if they are the best and there are no alternatives even for T20 when so many players are waiting for an opportunity.

It's really sad that Jadeja, Kohli, Rahul and Rohit will be playing in T20 when there are at least 20 better younger players who can replace them.

The joke of the century is fans will still watch and fill BCCI coffers.

Dhongi should have retired inn2016 itself. He was expired by them. But atleast he won 3 tournaments. 

Rohit? Kohli?