KL Rahul relieved from Test wicketkeeping duties

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I hate disappoint you, but I get the feeling we may have seen the best of Pant, which upsets me a lot, as he was my favorite.

The way he destroyed Australia in Australia and won us Test matches and a series win at the GABBA, is something that even the great SRT was not able to achieve.

Im still so angry and livid by his car accident which was totally his fault and it was reckless on his part.

dont write pant off. Some people come even better from life incidents like this. Its like he had a second chance in life by gods grace and im hopeful he will relish to be given that great chance and become a greater player. Like u said no player for ages has been as clutch as pant for india. Even tendu didnt match his magic of winning a series in australia!

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:

dont write pant off. Some people come even better from life incidents like this. Its like he had a second chance in life by gods grace and im hopeful he will relish to be given that great chance and become a greater player. Like u said no player for ages has been as clutch as pant for india. Even tendu didnt match his magic of winning a series in australia!

Of course there are always exceptions and caveats to what I am saying, I can list many examples of this.

On the balance of probabilities, I believe the best of Pant is well and truly behind him. I am happy to be proven wrong.

In fairness to SRT, he faced formidable world class bowlers  when Australia were at their peak, compared to Pant in Australia.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Of course there are always exceptions and caveats to what I am saying, I can list many examples of this.

On the balance of probabilities, I believe the best of Pant is well and truly behind him. I am happy to be proven wrong.

In fairness to SRT, he faced formidable world class bowlers  when Australia were at their peak, compared to Pant in Australia.

The Aussie attack which played last time we won is one of their best in history, by stats and numbers and actual observation.

Also weren't you the one who kept on saying Pant will never recover and play again? Now it's moved to - his best is behind him? 

47 minutes ago, New guy said:

The Aussie attack which played last time we won is one of their best in history, by stats and numbers and actual observation.

Also weren't you the one who kept on saying Pant will never recover and play again? Now it's moved to - his best is behind him? 

I never said he wont play again, I said his best will be well behind him if ever plays again, IMO.

Its an internet forum after all, its an opinion. I do hope Im wrong he is my favourite cricketer currently.

Were you not the one that said he would return after a few months from the accident?

Rubbish by actual observation, the last Aussie attack is no where near the best in history, McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, Warne attack is far superior on actual observation.

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I never said he wont play again, I said his best will be well behind him if ever plays again, IMO.

Its an internet forum after all, its an opinion. I do hope Im wrong he is my favourite cricketer currently.

Were you not the one that said he would return after a few months from the accident?

Rubbish by actual observation, the last Aussie attack is no where near the best in history, McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, Warne attack is far superior on actual observation.

Definitely mcg and Warne are the goat players. That attack was better. But the one we faced I would say is their second best attack in history. Unless you go back to Denis Lillee era but as a unit the current one would be superior due to varied abilities and superior depth.

Edited by harpicP

Pant is not great just due to that Gabba test or that Aussie series but overallas Wk batsman there are very few of them like him.He is already best WK from Asia in test cricket.

He was on his way to becoming on par to Gilchrist.Hope this injury has not derailed his career.

7 hours ago, harpicP said:

Definitely mcg and Warne are the goat players. That attack was better. But the one we faced I would say is their second best attack in history. Unless you go back to Denis Lillee era but as a unit the current one would be superior due to varied abilities and superior depth.

Agree 100% look, I love Pant, he is my favourite player since SRT, if I could I would rename myself Pant100, lol. :hysterical:

By no means I am trying to reduce what Pant did, in many ways I have said earlier he did what SRT couldnt, ie win a series off his own bat in Australia. In terms of attack, I agree Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon are damn good quality bowlers, but for me I do place McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Warne clearly a level superior to them. Also Pant's overall contribution is higher given he was keeping wicket in the hot Australian sun for days on end, so he also deserves more credit.

You raised a good pertinent point, how good was Lillee and Thommo and should Gavaskar be given more credit for his efforts against Aussies, possibly I agree as well.

Im not an expert on rating quality bowling, just my opinions.

@express bowling can you PLEASE give me your opinion here, which attack do you rate superior the Aussies of 2000's which SRT faced or the Aussies of the late 2010s that Pant faced.

Personally I always felt SRT in Australian conditions faced a much more menacing and relentless bowling unit overall. McGrath and Gillespie followed by Lee and Warne.

Its not about averages, wickets as you cant compare different era's in this way, the conversation here is clearly about the general observation.

56 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Agree 100% look, I love Pant, he is my favourite player since SRT, if I could I would rename myself Pant100, lol. :hysterical:

By no means I am trying to reduce what Pant did, in many ways I have said earlier he did what SRT couldnt, ie win a series off his own bat in Australia. In terms of attack, I agree Starc, Hazelwood, Lyon are damn good quality bowlers, but for me I do place McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Warne clearly a level superior to them. Also Pant's overall contribution is higher given he was keeping wicket in the hot Australian sun for days on end, so he also deserves more credit.

You raised a good pertinent point, how good was Lillee and Thommo and should Gavaskar be given more credit for his efforts against Aussies, possibly I agree as well.

@express bowling can you PLEASE give me your opinion here, which attack do you rate superior the Aussies of 2000's which SRT faced or the Aussies of the late 2010s that Pant faced.

Personally I always felt SRT in Australian conditions faced a much more menacing and relentless bowling unit overall. McGrath and Gillespie followed by Lee and Warne.

Its not about averages, wickets as you cant compare different era's in this way, the conversation here is clearly about the general observation.

You don't even have to go that far.

Just say mcgrath and Warne. Enough to make people piss in their pants. Cummins is nothing compared to mcgrath. 

Love how people think mcg was. Trudler haha. Biggest farce.

In his peak he was 130 to 145. Average speed nearing 137 138. 

Only after 2002 he slowed down. Went down to 134 ish or lower. 

Edited by harpicP
47 minutes ago, harpicP said:

You don't even have to go that far.

Just say mcgrath and Warne. Enough to make people piss in their pants. Cummins is nothing compared to mcgrath. 

Love how people think mcg was. Trudler haha. Biggest farce.

In his peak he was 130 to 145. Average speed nearing 137 138. 

Only after 2002 he slowed down. Went down to 134 ish or lower. 

McGrath and Warne have taken the 2nd most wickets as a bowling pair in Test cricket, only beaten by Anderson and Broad.

7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Also imagine mcg with drs. Also Warne lol. Its a no contest. 

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

McGrath and Warne have taken the 2nd most wickets as a bowling pair in Test cricket, only beaten by Anderson and Broad.

Insult to compare anyone to mcg and Warne. Maybe Marshall and Garner. 

Cummins bumrah and steyn etc are nothing compared to mcg. Not even close. 

McGrath was the sole reason india couldn't beat Aussies in 1997 to 2005 era in away tests. Without McGrath we managed to draw in aus against their best ever team. If McGrath played there is no way we are drawing that 2003 series. 

Why are people writing obituaries for Pant's cricket career at the age of 27. Injuries happen even on cricket field and players misses cricket due to that. Just that his injury was non-cricketing, it doesn't mean his career is over.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Why are people writing obituaries for Pant's cricket career at the age of 27. Injuries happen even on cricket field and players misses cricket due to that. Just that his injury was non-cricketing, it doesn't mean his career is over.

Question is about him being wicket keeper again.Him being wicket keeper adds so much value to the team.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Problem is he had a serious injury. It's not easy to recover.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Rishabharjuna Pantatunga is 25/26,right?

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Hope he comes back strong.

No one wants another James Taylor....who also retired at the age of 26 because of certain health condition.

With Kohli gone for first two tests, and a young batsman replacing him, it makes sense to bolster more batting and have KL keep as well. Otherwise, the team will be shaky:

India (probable): 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3 Shubman Gill, 4 Shreyas Iyer, 5 KL Rahul, 6 Ravindra Jadeja, 7 KS Bharat (wk), 8 Axar Patel, 9 R Ashwin, 10 Jasprit Bumrah, 11 Mohammed Siraj

Patidar has to play

With so many registered cricket playing, just shows how  the selectors and TM has messed the things-up.

KL being treated as best wk-keeper batter available to TM, When KL was not in form he was made to keep wkts to keep his place secure. Once he has performed and his place is secured he is selected just as a batter.

This TM has donne so many meaning less selection that they almost cost the players their place in domestic teams- Venky Iyer, Kishan is going same way, Samsom does not know where to play to open, get into middle order or to be the finisher. Hoda was to be the off spinner. No new pacer added to the bench

List keeps going-on 

On 1/26/2024 at 1:53 PM, tapandrun said:

With so many registered cricket playing, just shows how  the selectors and TM has messed the things-up.

KL being treated as best wk-keeper batter available to TM, When KL was not in form he was made to keep wkts to keep his place secure. Once he has performed and his place is secured he is selected just as a batter.

This TM has donne so many meaning less selection that they almost cost the players their place in domestic teams- Venky Iyer, Kishan is going same way, Samsom does not know where to play to open, get into middle order or to be the finisher. Hoda was to be the off spinner. No new pacer added to the bench

List keeps going-on 

no off spinners, leg spinners, pace bowling ARs, genuine quicks, etc developed in tests.