Shoaib Bashir to miss first test for England v India as visa row drags on

6 hours ago, Sandz said:

India pulled out so that they can safely play IPL , you are naive to think if there was any other reason.

Where did you come with this inference,Do you know how many fit players were there then.

IPL is with BCCI , they could always change its schedule if needed.

36 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Where did you come with this inference,Do you know how many fit players were there then.

IPL is with BCCI , they could always change its schedule if needed.

It's blindingly obvious, can you tell me how many players were not fit and their names?

12 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

If India planning to host Olympics in 2036, this is not a good sign. 

GOI, media etc. can plan all they want. We aren't hosting Olympics in the next 30 years, at least 30. In fact i think we won't see an Olympics in India in our lifetime.

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Sandz said:

That is not correct , none of the players were infected, they were too scared of catching Covid and miss the IPL hence ran off with their toys. Rohit and Kohli lost a lot of credibility post that stunt.

9 players were deemed close contacts and isolated which couldn't have played.

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

9 players were deemed close contacts and isolated which couldn't have played.

Not true. There was some risk but no player had tested positive on the morning of the test in Old Trafford. They could have played as there were no rules in the the UK mandating close contact isolation at the time. Most of them were indeed playing IPL in Dubai a week or so later. The decision was based on fear of not being able to be available for the IPL season if they caught Covid via exposure to the masseuse who had been diagnosed with Covid so Kohli and Rohit sent an email and made the call to bail. It was a short sighted and cynical move that prevented them from sealing a series win.

Edited by lemsip
3 hours ago, Sandz said:

That is not correct , none of the players were infected, they were too scared of catching Covid and miss the IPL hence ran off with their toys. Rohit and Kohli lost a lot of credibility post that stunt.

Real reason IPL. DK in a separate interview said "Players were tired" . They had very  little gap between IPL and 5th test. Ironically even after 4th test they had to wait. Whole thing was orchestrated by Rohit backed by Kohli.

34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Real reason IPL. DK in a separate interview said "Players were tired" . They had very  little gap between IPL and 5th test. Ironically even after 4th test they had to wait. Whole thing was orchestrated by Rohit backed by Kohli.

DK is a dodgy character a bit like cheeka,i wont trust him .From what i remember, it was Ashwin who started scaremongering and as he wasnt getting to play he wanted it to end .The other fellow vijay didnt want to get vaccinated .

3 hours ago, MediumPacer said:

DK is a dodgy character a bit like cheeka,i wont trust him .From what i remember, it was Ashwin who started scaremongering and as he wasnt getting to play he wanted it to end .The other fellow vijay didnt want to get vaccinated .

Never heard that rumor. But DK didn't give everything away. Why is DK a dodgy character. He went into dressing room and shared his observation.

2 hours ago, goose said:

it was opportunism if we are being generous. covid gave them plausibale deniability. some argued at the time leaving was their perogative.

I was never onboard with that move. That English side was a pathetic side under Root. Easy series win was gifted away. Ironically we had covid incidents during IPL.  

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I was never onboard with that move. That English side was a pathetic side under Root. Easy series win was gifted away. Ironically we had covid incidents during IPL.  

agree it was a major disappointment. and it was a great series too up to that point.

9 hours ago, lemsip said:

Not true. There was some risk but no player had tested positive on the morning of the test in Old Trafford. They could have played as there were no rules in the the UK mandating close contact isolation at the time. Most of them were indeed playing IPL in Dubai a week or so later. The decision was based on fear of not being able to be available for the IPL season if they caught Covid via exposure to the masseuse who had been diagnosed with Covid so Kohli and Rohit sent an email and made the call to bail. It was a short sighted and cynical move that prevented them from sealing a series win.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Aiden said:

They(BCCI/India) planned, but Allah also planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

dont bring allah in to bad light. It is not nations fault some muslims are terrorists from countries like pakistan and such. Heck even the TSA in usa would scan a Pakistani million times. Allah didnt tell them to kill innocents…

Edited by Chaos