Nitish Kumar Reddy, the promising all-rounder,

On 2/5/2024 at 9:45 AM, Vijy said:

he is a trundler with ball. and his FC batting has been poor. does seem to be a good choice for LOIs

Has bowled decent pace today.. Into the mid 130s and a wicket so far and had a catch dropped off him.

We have to acknowledge his bowling is getting better

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

Has bowled decent pace today.. Into the mid 130s and a wicket so far and had a catch dropped off him.

We have to acknowledge his bowling is getting better

130s (and lower) is the definition of a trundler.

As I wrote in the post you quoted, he is a promising LOI candidate

34 minutes ago, Vijy said:

130s (and lower) is the definition of a trundler.

As I wrote in the post you quoted, he is a promising LOI candidate

Harsh if you call him a Trundler. The lad bowled quite a few deliveries @ 135+, but then I don't know any better. 

I agree he is very exciting for t20s at least 

21 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Harsh if you call him a Trundler. The lad bowled quite a few deliveries @ 135+, but then I don't know any better. 

I agree he is very exciting for t20s at least 

Mukesh has clocked 143 this IPL IIRC. Let me clarify further - if he becomes a batting AR, this current pace is sufficient. However, for bowling AR, he needs to start hitting high 130s regularly (i.e., most of on-pace deliveries).

On 4/10/2024 at 1:17 AM, Vijy said:

Mukesh has clocked 143 this IPL IIRC. Let me clarify further - if he becomes a batting AR, this current pace is sufficient. However, for bowling AR, he needs to start hitting high 130s regularly (i.e., most of on-pace deliveries).

He's never going to be a bowling allrounder. 

On 4/11/2024 at 1:17 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

He's never going to be a bowling allrounder. 

If he can become a batting allrounder why does he need to bowl 150 clicks? He seems to be a better bowler than Daryl Mitchell, Stoinis, Marsh etc. or at least if he can be as good as them what’s the problem? Seems to have good slower balls and other skills, more than enough for a 6th bowling option or shared 5th bowling option.

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, maniac said:

If he can become a batting allrounder why does he need to bowl 150 clicks? He seems to be a better bowler than Daryl Mitchell, Stoinis, Marsh etc. or at least if he can be as good as them what’s the problem? Seems to have good slower balls and other skills, more than enough for a 6th bowling option or shared 5th bowling option.

I didn't say he has to.  I was just pointing out that he can only become a batting allrounder .

Genuine bowling allrounders are rare.

I don't know about him being better than those guys.  They are all tall and bowl into the wicket heavy balls pretty well 

If he can do something similar, he'll be a good option to have 

4 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I used to rate you high but not anymore...

He is a run of a mill cricketer and disappear into oblivion in couple of seasons ... like ventajesh Iyer etc etc

Bhai itna gussa :(( give him some time, so far showing promise 

6 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I didn't say he has to.  I was just pointing out that he can only become a batting allrounder .

Genuine bowling allrounders are rare.

I don't know about him being better than those guys.  They are all tall and bowl into the wicket heavy balls pretty well 

If he can do something similar, he'll be a good option to have 

fair enough. I don’t think anyone thinks he is a top 3 seamer for India in any format. The difference between him and Vijay Shankar or Venkatesh Iyer is they don’t have much of a batting temperament. It looks like they can get out any moment even if they start looking good. In both the knocks I have seen of Nitish, it looked like he had a plan and there was no blind slogging. He played according to situation. That’s why I like him so far. Let’s hope he evolves. Dube is another guy who has shown great batting temperament while i definitely think Dube is better as a batsman on current form and experience, Nitish definitely seems to be a better bowler. I have only seen Dube bowl tripe.

5 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I used to rate you high but not anymore...

He is a run of a mill cricketer and disappear into oblivion in couple of seasons ... like ventajesh Iyer etc etc

This venkatesh Iyer is one joker..