Bumrah: Bazball could get me 'heaps of wickets'

Bumrah was saying Bazball can give him heaps of wickets.

Mr. Bumrah flopped specatularly against Bazball in 5th test in England in 2022.

Now let us see what Mr Bumrah can do after his flopshow in world cup finals.

When will we see Bumrah running thru a side when his team needs it.He needs to be told that he is allowed win matches with ball in his hand. 

36 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think you can run through sides on flat wickets. You just need clever field sets, clever team plans both of which lacked for India.  If INdia attained semblance of respect overseas it was due to Bumrah/Ishant/Shami trio.  

Semblance of respect means average not great. It is high time Bumrah delivers in key spots , how long will he get a pass for all his stinkers.

I did not say one or two wickets. Bumrah himself said heaps of wickets against Bazball.

He flopped against Bazball in England, let us see what he does now.

Edited by putrevus
11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Semblance of respect means average not great. It is high time Bumrah delivers in key spots , how long will he get a pass for all his stinkers.

I did not say one or two wickets. Bumrah himself said heaps of wickets against Bazball.

He flopped against Bazball in England, let us see what he does now.

It was the same Bumrah that did the impossible at Lords. FOr one thing. PItch got flattened out in the Edgabaston  test where you needed an additional spinner as against seamer.  Our batting pathetically batted in the 2nd innings like they do religiously for a decade. Few times they did was due to Pant. Second of all Bumrah was captain on debut. You could see his inexperieince in  terms of bowling rotation.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

It was the same Bumrah that did the impossible at Lords. FOr one thing. PItch got flattened out in the Edgabaston  test where you needed an additional spinner as against seamer.  Our batting pathetically batted in the 2nd innings like they do religiously for a decade. Few times they did was due to Pant. Second of all Bumrah was captain on debut. You could see his inexperieince in  terms of bowling rotation.

What impossible did he do on Lords? He took total 3 wickets, Shami started the slide with first over wickets.Siraj took 4 wickets. He did bowl well.

Our batting did just fine , 378 runs are plenty of runs to defend against any batting unit on any fourth innings pitch. 

they took just 3 wickets, which was pathetic for so called great bowling attack led by Bumrah.

That was not first time Bumrah failed in fourth innings, he flopped twice in SA defending 4th innings totals.Not to mention him not showing up in whiteball matches.

It is hightime Bumrah delivers in crunch time.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

What impossible did he do on Lords? He took total 3 wickets, Shami started the slide with first over wickets.Siraj took 4 wickets. He did bowl well.

Our batting did just fine , 378 runs are plenty of runs to defend against any batting unit on any fourth innings pitch. 

they took just 3 wickets, which was pathetic for so called great bowling attack led by Bumrah.

That was not first time Bumrah failed in fourth innings, he flopped twice in SA defending 4th innings totals.Not to mention him not showing up in whiteball matches.

Perhaps your definition of crunch time is ' everytime'. Bumrah has done enough to prove his mettle and cement his place one of the best of the game. 

Statements before the match is meant to irk the opposition. Its called mindgames. You do not have to take it face value and start judging a player. Imagine how would it sound if he listened to you and said' I failed the first time around. I am going to perform miserably against england. I wonder why they selected me'! Is that what you want him to say?

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

When will we see Bumrah running thru a side when his team needs it.He needs to be told that he is allowed win matches with ball in his hand. 

It's in the nature of international athletes to have high confidence in their abilities. If not, they'd be playing gully cricket. You don't expect him to say "Yeah ... I know I haven't had much success against Bazball so I am just hoping for the best ..."

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Our batting didn't do fine. Stop defending those useless bakwas players. But for Pant that woudl have been an innings defeat.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Perhaps your definition of crunch time is ' everytime'. Bumrah has done enough to prove his mettle and cement his place one of the best of the game. 

Statements before the match is meant to irk the opposition. Its called mindgames. You do not have to take it face value and start judging a player. Imagine how would it sound if he listened to you and said' I failed the first time around. I am going to perform miserably against england. I wonder why they selected me'! Is that what you want him to say?

Oh really everytime, when has Bumrah done anything in crunch match. Let me know the score card of that match.It does not matter whiteball , redball.

No those statements are stupid, when you don't have anything to show for.Bumrah was massacred by bazball.

When Bumrah does something  in important match then he can brag about it.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Our batting didn't do fine. Stop defending those useless bakwas players. But for Pant that woudl have been an innings defeat.

I am not defending anyone.Batsmen flopped that is why they are out of the team. It does not matter who scored runs 378. in 4th ininngs chase are plenty.

What is  this but for Pant, is Pant playing for England.

Edited by putrevus

Bumrah's biggest flop show was 2021 WTC final, on that greentop, and swing friendly conditions. Most shocking stage fright/mental collapse I have seen by any sportsperson. Mukesh Kumar or Unadkat in his place would have at least helped us share the trophy. Really there is no possible redemption for that. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I am not defending anyone.Batsmen flopped that is why they are out of the team. It does not matter who scored runs 378. in 4th ininngs chase are plenty.

What is  this but for Pant, is Pant playing for England.

Pant batted well in both innings. Why couldn't others.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Bumrah's biggest flop show was 2021 WTC final, on that greentop, and swing friendly conditions. Most shocking stage fright/mental collapse I have seen by any sportsperson. Mukesh Kumar or Unadkat in his place would have at least helped us share the trophy. Really there is no possible redemption for that. 

They went with 3 seamers/ 2 spinners. Ironically Ashwin was the best bowler. To correct that mistake they made an even bigger blunder by omitting him against Australia that too at oval.

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

agree with every word. he needs to show up in crucial moments more often. he failed 3 times in second innings so far. still great but he needs to step up more. 

wouldnt say he flopped in the final. he did pretty well but could have been a lot better. rohit useless captain stuffed up. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

in form siraj was dropped to accommodate an injured bumrah who was operating at 50%

they rushed him back. why???

only endia does it. 

siraj would have helped us win given the form he was in and he is a nz killer. he hates nz. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Errr no, the batsmen are to blame for the loss, just needed to bat another 20 overs to earn a draw and we implode

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

What rubbish. He did not fail in the final, the batting did, he was the only one who performed along with Kohli in the final, all others flopped. Get off his back.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Agree.   And having said that, it was not the only instance where Bumrah failed on a green top.  On our tour to NZ (2 tests in 2020), he looked toothless.  Same pitch where all the NZ bowlers wrecked havoc in all 4 innings as both tests ended inside 3 days. 

4 hours ago, harpicP said:

in form siraj was dropped to accommodate an injured bumrah who was operating at 50%

they rushed him back. why???

only endia does it. 

siraj would have helped us win given the form he was in and he is a nz killer. he hates nz. 

No excuses for Bumrah please, he has failed in every single big match.