What has Ben Stokes done in test matches outside England as an all-rounder?

7 minutes ago, Serpico said:

They'll catch Australia in transition phase again, just like in 2010

the 2010 team had KP, Cook, Trott, Bell, Strauss, Prior and this one has Rooty, Crawley, Ducky, Poppy, Johnny, Foakey. huge diff in batting quality. whereas Aus bowling of the current era is better than 2010.

11 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

If this was from any other player he would have been criticized a lot, but you will see nothing but praises for him.

Stokes is part of the English cricket establishment. He gets a lot of leeway certainly. Never mind score runs, he does not even occupy the crease for long.

This is a pathetic English team. The main pace bowler is a 41 year old grandpa. His associate in this test is 10 years younger and bowls slower than the grandpa. The fast bowler is fragile and clumsy. Falls a lot after bowling and is injured regularly.

The two spinners are very young and inexperienced.

Most batters  - minus Root - had one good series vs Pak and maybe I dunno .... Ireland? Otherwise they are below  average test batsmen.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Complain how umpires are against england. How umpire calls should be scrapped. Lollll then england will be effed this test if it werent umpire calls. Ultimate joker

also a choker (remember the 6s vs braithwaite) and a sore loser and potentially a doper (steroid user) too

Averaging 21 with bat in a high profile series. Didn't bowl.

This is one series where Stokes just recieved normal praises about how good he is despite such atrocious performance and being total passenger.

The moment he plays one good knock media hype goes over the roof.

Averaging 30 with bat in last 37 tests and yet commentators talk as if he most dangerous player in the world.

On 2/12/2024 at 4:49 PM, putrevus said:

If both of healthy and at their best even in tests in India, Ben Stokes would be selected over Jadeja. 

3rd tour to India....13th test. When will we see Stokes at his best? Sir Jaddu is asking.

Atm Stokes is like a combo of Bradman and Marshall in India....batting average close to Marshall's bowling average and bowling average close to Don's batting average. 

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Averaging 21 with bat in a high profile series. Didn't bowl.

This is one series where Stokes just recieved normal praises about how good he is despite such atrocious performance and being total passenger.

The moment he plays one good knock media hype goes over the roof.

Averaging 30 with bat in last 37 tests and yet commentators talk as if he most dangerous player in the world.

Is Stokes even better than Thakur?

I think Stokes is done. I have a theory about England Team/Teams success in various format. BUt let me put some context.

It was London Olympics where money was allocated to win medals. Avearge was $6million per medalX65 medals=$390 million (approx in total). Despite what many thinks fact is most athelete who wins medals in Olympics are suffering from some ailments for which they are on some prescribed drugs by Doctors, Just a example , Great Mo Farah is on asthamatic drug :hysterical:. I mean a ashtamatic person is fastest runner and creates World Record.

All I can think of is a new set of athletics doctors/drugs got created as part of London Olympics 2012. These same atheletetic Doctors + medicines + Technics were available to Professional Sportsmen and suddenly every English Team post 2012  became Super Performative.

London 2012 Effect is weaning off. Doping Agencies keep adding new and new drugs into banned drug. Soon English Teams will go back to where they belong, be in Cricket,Football or any other Sports

Edited by mishra
5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Too much hype/ praise for picking that one wicket.

Series will be remembered for Ash 509, Anderson 700 Stokes one wicket and so many new comers in Team India along with end of Bazball

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

**** had he not get a wicket he was effing terrible this series. Easily worst player.

He has come back from a knee surgery. He is not going to be same player unless doctor has done better job than his pre existing knee