10 hours ago, express bowling said:

.. Decisive footwork

.. Played the ball under his eyes

.. Wasn't flustered by persistent short pitched bowling by Wood

.. Looked the part and was cool and composed 

.. Attacked the spinners 

Impressive debut so far.

I expected him to score faster. tuk-tuked quite a bit. I hope he plays his natural game more

11 hours ago, Vijy said:

I expected him to score faster. tuk-tuked quite a bit. I hope he plays his natural game more

He had to cause of moron judeja and weak tail bur that where pant is an atG. He will play and smash bowlers regardless. He will show intent

Edited by Soldier
42 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

He will make it tough for Pant to make his comeback.  I m confident about this guy. 

Pant walks into the team ahead of any other batsman dude, he was our best bar by a long long way for 3* years. 

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Pant walks into the team ahead of any other batsman dude, he was our best bar by a long long way for 3* years. 

The Pant of today is different from the earlier Pant (pre accident).  He has not yet regained full fitness (from the pics and videos, it appears so).  But he has age on his side.  So, should not be a problem.   IIRC, Yuvi (post-cancer treatment) was not the same as earlier one.   It's not easy to regain the same level of fitness & skill set after a long lay off.    But then,I want to be proved wrong. (Being a big fan of pant).                                                  PS:  When did I say that Pant wasn't a match winner? There is a clear misinterpretation at your end.  Troll voting the post looks silly on your part.  

Edited by Frustrated
3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

The Pant of today is different from the earlier Pant (pre accident).  He has not yet regained full fitness (from the pics and videos, it appears so).  But he has age on his side.  So, should not be a problem.   IIRC, Yuvi (post-cancer treatment) was not the same as earlier one.   It's not easy to regain the same level of fitness & skill set after a long lay off.    But then,I want to be proved wrong. (Being a big fan of pant).                                                  PS:  When did I say that Pant wasn't a match winner? There is a clear misinterpretation at your end.  Troll voting the post looks silly on your part.  

Cancer is very different than his knee issues MCL and ACL. Yuvraj was also older at that. If pant puts in hard work he should be ok. The rehab is the hardest part.

11 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Cancer is very different than his knee issues MCL and ACL. Yuvraj was also older at that. If pant puts in hard work he should be ok. The rehab is the hardest part.

Yuvi was Supremely fit though... Pant has gained so much weight now.  Reflexes must have taken a hit. 

Pujara became a strokeless wonder after his knee issues.. And had to resort to Tuk Tuk cricket. 

7 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

His glove work was noticeably brilliant even in the u19 days, his batting wasn't as refined then.

So obviously he is improving and that's what is impressive to see, growth in the players as they transform to senior cricket

How is his back-foot game against pace  ?

Can he pull and cut ?

29 minutes ago, express bowling said:

How is his back-foot game against pace  ?

Can he pull and cut ?

Will have to watch him more EB..in IPL he seemed to struggle to hit the short ones made merry on anything full. But what I saw in the first innings he looked so compact, something we could work with overseas