India can ill afford at Patidar / Gill 10 runs in 40 balls innings

The ball will get older and it will get harder to bat. The slower you play at number 3 or 4 

A) you put pressure on your lower middle order

B) allow English inexperienced spinners to gain confidence and put more people in catching positions.

India should consider demoting Patidar. This momentum sucker will cause issues down steam. Promote Sarfaraz and Jurel to face the ball when its relatively hard.

Knowing how tactically poor Dravid is, it wont happen

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

The ball will get older and it will get harder to bat. The slower you play at number 3 or 4 

A) you put pressure on your lower middle order

B) allow English inexperienced spinners to gain confidence and put more people in catching positions.

India should consider demoting Patidar. This momentum sucker will cause issues down steam. Promote Sarfaraz and Jurel to face the ball when its relatively hard.

Knowing how tactically poor Dravid is, it wont happen

indeed, it is a good idea to have the fast scorers come up the order. this would be my lineup for the 4th innings:

1. rohit

2. jaiswal

3. gill

4. sarfaraz

5. jurel

6. jadeja

7. Patidar

8. akash deep [I would use him as a floater, and tell him to slog a few if needed]

9. patidar

10. kuldeep

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

indeed, it is a good idea to have the fast scorers come up the order. this would be my lineup for the 4th innings:

1. rohit

2. jaiswal

3. gill

4. sarfaraz

5. jurel

6. jadeja

7. Patidar

8. akash deep [I would use him as a floater, and tell him to slog a few if needed]

9. patidar

10. kuldeep

I know you like Patidar a lot but he can’t bat twice, not that it’ll make any difference but still 

9 minutes ago, Sandz said:

I’ll happily take an average 32 from Gill tomorrow , any runs from Patidar are bonus 

Gill usually does score 20s and 30s. I feel the crucial players tomorrow will be jaiswal (again), sarfaraz (if he can bat as he did in 1st test), jurel,

I doubt singles are going to be much on offer. 

There will be 7 to 8 inside the circle. 1/2 outside for the misplaced slog.

If I am  Stokes i want indian batters to take undue risks or play maidens.

14 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I doubt singles are going to be much on offer. 

There will be 7 to 8 inside the circle. 1/2 outside for the misplaced slog.

If I am  Stokes i want indian batters to take undue risks or play maidens.

Stokes already gave up today. McCullum need to cook some strategy tonight because stokes isn't good at defending low targets 

20 minutes ago, Vijy said:

BMAc wasn't much of a tactician either in his playing days. it was mostly the approach of "go hard, and if it doesn't work, go harder"

It was a mistake not to bowl anderson and robinson. Just to soften the new ball.

If you look at England selection, truth is one pacer was enough. An additional batter was needed. Robinson worked out with the bat though.

They should have a left/right combo at the crease as much as possible to force the bowlers to constantly keep switching lines and most of the English bowlers don't have enough experience to do that consistently and the buffet ball will come. Also playing on the front foot and strike rotation are musts on this wicket. The game can turn very rapidly on this pitch as happened with the English innings so need to keep the runs flowing as much as possible. They should score as much as they can manage in the first hour  as it gets a lot harder as the ball gets soft.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

1. rohit

2. jaiswal

3. gill

4. sarfaraz

5. jurel

6. jadeja

7. Patidar

9. patidar

10. kuldeep

I would honestly put Kuldeep way up in the order so he can block one end …  insurance policy for brain farts that may happen on both ends 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Patidar is not wristy like Sarfrazn. He is leadedn footed and uses just his hands through the ball. He is a walking wicket even in slightly challenging conditions. On a road with nothing to lose he can slog a few.

even sarfaraz seems much better suited for pattas. should rejig order and have best batters up the order