Arvind Kejriwal Arrested in Liquor scam policy

Austin 3:!6

On 4/2/2024 at 5:14 PM, mishra said:

It will be naive to think ED hasnt cracked the passcode. They are just letting Kejri to squirm a bit, like the 9 summons he tried avoiding

Good point. I hope they get this guy trapped on any of those things. This guy is upto no good

Sanjay Dixit comes up with funny names for kejriwal... earlier it was 'sadji'(sad of Hindi as in rotting) , these days he calls kejri 'ghungroo seth' in his vids.

Edited by randomGuy

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Sanjay Dixit comes up with funny names for kejriwal... earlier it was 'sadji'(sad of Hindi as in rotting) , these days he calls kejri 'ghungroo seth' in his vids.

I read that as Sandeep Dixit. He also used to attack Kejriwal but has mellowed down due to alliance.

Edited by Number

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Funny answer I found ... 

"Because, he is regularly slapped and Beaten by people whenever he go for campaign. So from Song : ghunghru ki tarah Bajataa hi rahaa hun mai, Kejriwal is named Ghunghru Seth by Kapil his old party man.."

https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2024/Apr/09/delhi-high-court-rejects-arvind-kejriwals-bail-plea-cm-to-move-supreme-court

The judge also refused to accept Kejriwal's argument that the central government, controlled by the BJP, is misusing the Enforcement Directorate to suppress the political opposition.

"Judges are bound by law not politics. Judgements are given on legal principles not political considerations..Political considerations cannot be brought before the Court as they are not relevant," the judge said, adding that Enforcement Directorate cannot be seen as an agency of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party.

"The present case is not a case between the Central govt and Mr Kejriwal but between Mr Kejriwal and ED. The Court must remain vigilant that it is not influenced by any extraneous factors," the judge added.

How true is this statement? Coming from the judge, it should be true enough. I scored poorly in civics and I had no idea that ED even existed. All the while I've been hearing its the fault of BJP all over the place. Can somebody explain.

30 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2024/Apr/09/delhi-high-court-rejects-arvind-kejriwals-bail-plea-cm-to-move-supreme-court

How true is this statement? Coming from the judge, it should be true enough. I scored poorly in civics and I had no idea that ED even existed. All the while I've been hearing its the fault of BJP all over the place. Can somebody explain.

ED like the CBI / CAG is an autonomous body administered by the executive (GoI) is not supposed to be influenced by any political party in power. Since it's advent in 1950s by Nehru, ED and other autonmous bodies have been used the ruling party for political gains. BJP is no exception to it nor was the Congress in all its rules. Just that, it can't be used as an official argument in courts. AAP and Lejri is stupid to argue in court with such logic, as it will not hold in any court as they are supposed to uphold the constitution. State govts have local judical courts where it uses it to target opposition politicians like Lok Ayukta or Anti-Corruption Bureau set up by local govts, some of its cases are squashed by local HCs as it's against the constitution. Is Hamam mein sab nange hain - 

Edited by coffee_rules