Jaggi Vasudev - a unique specimen

randomGuy

^^Underwent a brain surgery. Instead of thanking doctors, cracking poor jokes. He has a big ego imo. Although surprisingly, I find his talks deep (when he is not suggesting how South India is better than the rest of India). I wonder if deep spiritual knowledge/experience can even exist with a big ego. I think he has to drop his ego.

Wishing Jaggi a speedy recovery to normal health.

@randomGuy yes I think he has a big ego. I haven't heard about his talk about South India being better than others but I don't listen to his speeches a lot. His programs cost some money. Its not free. The usual ashram is free or cost little money. I guess not so these days. Probably his ego is promoted by the money he makes with the Sadhguru title.

One thing that runs in his favor is he knows more about spirituality than the average guy and is confident in presenting things to his devotees. Maybe he is cracking jokes as a means to cover up where he is lacking.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Wishing Jaggi a speedy recovery to normal health.

@randomGuy yes I think he has a big ego. I haven't heard about his talk about South India being better than others but I don't listen to his speeches a lot. His programs cost some money. Its not free. The usual ashram is free or cost little money. I guess not so these days. Probably his ego is promoted by the money he makes with the Sadhguru title.

One thing that runs in his favor is he knows more about spirituality than the average guy and is confident in presenting things to his devotees. Maybe he is cracking jokes as a means to cover up where he is lacking.

I would say that I don't know that for sure. Those were just thoughts from what I observe. Sometimes what you see is not what is. Maybe he doesn't have an ego. I am not sure of many other Gurus for eg. Acharya Prashant, the same way I am not sure about Sadhguru. I also think his meditation experience may be helping him in recovering from surgery.

Also, what I think is not even relevant till I talk from a certain platform of some spiritual experience.

Edited by randomGuy

8 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I would say that I don't know that for sure. Those were just thoughts from what I observe. Sometimes what you see is not what is. Maybe he doesn't have an ego. I am not sure of many other Gurus for eg. Acharya Prashant, the same way I am not sure about Sadhguru. I also think his meditation experience may be helping him in recovering from surgery.

Also, what I think is not even relevant till I talk from a certain platform of some spiritual experience.

Yeah its guesswork for me too. Its his aura that gives the impression and his laughs where he tries to use the belly consciously. Something appears fake IMO. Other than that he says the right things, he is probably well versed with spiritual teachings and meditation. Usually ashrams have a disciplic succession consisting of the current guru's guru where the the living guru will praise his guru. There is a parampara factor that is missing or maybe I'm not aware of.

Someone said to me that you can't buy any land spanning a vast area around his ashram without his approval. We are talking public land. He is also a freemason according to some. These are not my views and are purely anecdotal from an elderly person and internet.

He keeps changing his views. He was a proponent of Aryan invasion/migration theory and joked About how South Indians are black because of that. Now that popular opinion is reversed, he no lingers supports it, is talking like a true nationalist. His Shivaratri and solar/lunar eclipse food habits theories are bunkum and not scientific enough. He’s super good in congregation and kind of essential for Dharma. Serves in setting narratives and help policy decisions. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

On 3/22/2024 at 3:52 PM, randomGuy said:

^^Underwent a brain surgery. Instead of thanking doctors, cracking poor jokes. He has a big ego imo. Although surprisingly, I find his talks deep (when he is not suggesting how South India is better than the rest of India). I wonder if deep spiritual knowledge/experience can even exist with a big ego. I think he has to drop his ego.

Speaking of jokes, here's a parody of Sadhguru that's sure to make every viewer laugh!

Edited by nevada

19 minutes ago, nevada said:

Speaking of jokes, here's a parody of Sadhguru that's sure to make every viewer laugh!

Good one!! ...I guess the gold standard of parody is shyam rangeela of dear Modi ji.:cantstop:

On a scale of 0 to shyam rangeela (10) , this was a solid 7.   :D

27 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Good one!! ...I guess the gold standard of parody is shyam rangeela of dear Modi ji.:cantstop:

On a scale of 0 to shyam rangeela (10) , this was a solid 7.   :D

Never heard of Shyam Rangeela. Searched on YouTube and watched a couple of clips. His mimicry is spot on! 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

He keeps changing his views. He was a proponent of Aryan invasion/migration theory and joked About how South Indians are black because of that. Now that popular opinion is reversed, he no lingers supports it, is talking like a true nationalist. His Shivaratri and solar/lunar eclipse food habits theories are bunkum and not scientific enough. He’s super good in congregation and kind of essential for Dharma. Serves in setting narratives and help policy decisions. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Some of his claims have been bogus. Ganesh according to him doesn't have an elephant head, only resembles it and he is an alien. He covers everything trending as though its all known by him such as intermittent fasting, overcoming stress. He promotes ayurveda and siddha. Then why did he visit a doctor for this treatment. I don't want to beat him below the waist while he is recovering but he has to be consistent with his own philosophy. I think this is a wake up call for him. Like you I think he is needed much like gotham deserves a white night or is it a black night? :confused: