MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Problem is, Umran may try to copy Mayank's bowling style.and bowl too many short balls.

That's where you need someone to tell him what his actual strength is...  He has to be like Waqar not Tait or Lee. 

Hyderabad looks like a bowler's graveyard this year...  Hopefully SRH's next game is someplace else. 

Just now, JaFanatic said:

I do have my reservations as far as his pace goes. I'm not sure if he could click mid/high 150s like Mayank Or Umran. But hey he doesn't need to. With the kind of bounce he generates bowling in 140s and breaching the 150 mark every now and then, he can be lethal in SA & Aus. But yeah I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong as far his pace is concerned. 

tyagi strikes me as a rhythm+confidence bowler. such people usually boost their speeds by 5-10 kph when in the zone. hence, while tyagi will typically operate in the 140s with peak of low 150s, I think he could be the type to cross 155 in spells where rhythm+confidence are high.

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

That's where you need someone to tell him what his actual strength is...  He has to be like Waqar not Tait or Lee. 

Hyderabad looks like a bowler's graveyard this year...  Hopefully SRH's next game is someplace else. 

mayank seems to be someone who can work out his gameplan without too much input, but umran requires a lot of handholding and coaching (kinder - also accurate - word would be nurturing)

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

mayank seems to be someone who can work out his gameplan without too much input, but umran requires a lot of handholding and coaching (kinder - also accurate - word would be nurturing)

Mayank is coming from the system and proper coaching, Umaran was picked by Ifran so lack of awareness should be expected

4 minutes ago, JaFanatic said:

I do have my reservations as far as his pace goes. I'm not sure if he could click mid/high 150s like Mayank Or Umran. But hey he doesn't need to. With the kind of bounce he generates bowling in 140s and breaching the 150 mark every now and then, he can be lethal in SA & Aus. But yeah I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong as far his pace is concerned. 

Tyagi actually clocked 153.4 in SMAT.

Mayank clocked 154 there.

Tyagi can hit those speeds, although he like Mark Wood had to push every muscle of his body to get that pace. As he has a very long runup, longer strides and then just gives everything during load.

Mayank was generating effortless pace like young Archer. He has shorter runup, medium strides and his left foot takes tremendous load while releasing the ball. 

Just now, tapandrun said:

Mayank is coming from the system and proper coaching, Umaran was picked by Ifran so lack of awareness should be expected

depends also on individual mindset. Bumrah did not have much proper coaching.

anyway, umran will require careful and constant input until he can stand independently on his own two legs. this is not a slight against him, just how it is for now

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tyagi actually clocked 153.4 in SMAT.

Mayank clocked 154 there.

Tyagi can hit those speeds, although he like Mark Wood had to push every muscle of his body to get that pace. As he has a very long runup, longer strides and then just gives everything during load.

Mayank was generating effortless pace like young Archer. He has shorter runup, medium strides and his left foot takes tremendous load while releasing the ball. 

that's a good comparison. of course, mayank is way more impressive and faster than archer at the same age. I saw a few matches by archer in early 20s: he was mostly bowling peak speed of high 140s

3 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Umran used to bowl with a cosco ball... On the banks of a River.  He indeed had no facilities nor anything....  But having spent more than 2 years with top class coaches,  facilities you expect him to understand his own strengths.  At the end of the day its his own body. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

@express bowling @Vijy @Suhaan

@MK55 @Mosher

Enjoy ball by ball

I was waiting for Livingstone challenge.

In 2022 when Umran was breating fire, everyone was scoring runs against him behind the wicket. But it was only Livingstone who used to hit Umran infront of the wicket with ease.

Sadly Livingstone was injured so it was a very brief competition, maybe round 2 we will see both of them going against. It will be a great win for Mayank if he takes down Livingstone.

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I was waiting for Livingstone challenge.

In 2022 when Umran was breating fire, everyone was scoring runs against him behind the wicket. But it was only Livingstone who used to hit Umran infront of the wicket with ease.

Sadly Livingstone was injured so it was a very brief competition, maybe round 2 we will see both of them going against. It will be a great win for Mayank if he takes down Livingstone.

he was injured, but did hit other bowlers quite well, whereas in his brief face-off vs mayank, did not look that comfortable

Umran used to bowl with a cosco ball... On the banks of a River.  He indeed had no facilities nor anything....  But having spent more than 2 years with top class coaches,  facilities you expect him to understand his own strengths.  At the end of the day its his own body. 

Umran is bit like Umesh, not very intelligent and require simple instructions. If you give him too many explanations they will get confused.

Umran should be told, bowl fast...length full to good length and line onto stumps. Don't worry about runs..use the logic of "you miss, I hit".

The minute someone ask him to bowl into the body, or bowl wide yorkers. He will lose the plot because he doesnt have that much control on his lengths.

3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Umran is bit like Umesh, not very intelligent and require simple instructions. If you give him too many explanations they will get confused.

Umran should be told, bowl fast...length full to good length and line onto stumps. Don't worry about runs..use the logic of "you miss, I hit".

The minute someone ask him to bowl into the body, or bowl wide yorkers. He will lose the plot because he doesnt have that much control on his lengths.

yes, he is a bit of a simple fellow. should be given a small set of instructions, and told to keep at it over and over.

Come on KKR...  Your turn to unleash Sakib now...  Time is ripe...  Top of the table just go for the kill. 

sakib should move from bihar to a more established elite-level ranji team and play for them

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Come on KKR...  Your turn to unleash Sakib now...  Time is ripe...  Top of the table just go for the kill. 

This is what I am waiting for.

More franchises trying to unleash young Indian quicks after watching Mayank breathe fire.

Edited by express bowling

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is what I am waiting for.

More franchises trying to unleash young Indian quicks after watching G Mayank breathe fire.

I expect most franchises, if they really took scouting seriously, could have (or already have) at least one indian pacer with peak speed of 150+

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Just wait for the inevitable ICFers (I don't need to name them) who will come out of the woodwork and start rambling about how pace is not needed, test cricket is all about trundling with line-and-length, that mayank (or whoever) is not int'l class, to bookmark their posts, etc.

The negativity they bring is absolutely depressing to read. Young Indian batters are apparently not capable of outhitting SENA guys. And somehow Indian pitches are meant for trundlers but IPL teams select SENA pacers for their pace in IPL on these trundler friendly pitches because they are quicker than Indian bowlers.  The logic is absolutely mind-blowing