Pitches in the Caribbean World T20

On 4/26/2024 at 11:45 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

India have matches at New York , Lauderhill,  Barbados, North Sound and Gros Islet 

The Semifinals are at Tarouba and Providence.  And the final is back at Barbados. 

What can we expect from the pitches at these venues?

Typically spin friendly. i remeber ZImbabwe once restricted west indies to 79 in 20 overs lol. That was like 14 years back. One of the most bizzarre T20 innings you can see

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/zimbabwe-tour-of-west-indies-2009-10-439107/west-indies-vs-zimbabwe-only-t20i-439139/full-scorecard

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Damn all bases covered...  Excellent call to keep Duckett in the mix...  Dude will annoy all kinda spinners with his reverse switch hits

that is a a terrible bowling lineup,Aussies too have a bad bowling lineup but they always manage to turn up in big matches.

17 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

that is a a terrible bowling lineup,Aussies too have a bad bowling lineup but they always manage to turn up in big matches.

US tracks will be brought from Adelaide...  And Barbados Antigua always suits bounce based bowlers. 

Archer Wood would be deadly in Barbados especially. 

Batting is a proper powerhouse. 

28 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Bowling is all about strategy.  Only good bowlers in T20 bowlers are thinking bowlers. Sam Curran just bowled to his field. Australia/England/NZ have great fielding unit. So they will be ready to take tough catches. 

45 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Damn all bases covered...  Excellent call to keep Duckett in the mix...  Dude will annoy all kinda spinners with his reverse switch hits

The best they have. They're no Australia clearly who have a lot more depth and this lineup can be targeted by left arm spin if the pitches offer grip. 

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Typically spin friendly. i remeber ZImbabwe once restricted west indies to 79 in 20 overs lol. That was like 14 years back. One of the most bizzarre T20 innings you can see

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/zimbabwe-tour-of-west-indies-2009-10-439107/west-indies-vs-zimbabwe-only-t20i-439139/full-scorecard

The only thing that is definitive is that most pitches are bat first pitches in the Caribbean. 

The only exception in T20I's is Providence, Guyana which has , imo, clearly been a chasing pitch. 

Tarouba has sometimes been a chasing pitch in CPL but in T20I's, even that is mostly a bat first pitch. 

If we get to play the 2nd semi in Guyana , we need to chase.

9 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The only thing that is definitive is that most pitches are bat first pitches in the Caribbean. 

The only exception in T20I's is Providence, Guyana which has , imo, clearly been a chasing pitch. 

Tarouba has sometimes been a chasing pitch in CPL but in T20I's, even that is mostly a bat first pitch. 

If we get to play the 2nd semi in Guyana , we need to chase.

Tarouba is indeed a bat first pitch...  It goes slower afaik. 

St.  Kitts is also Chasing one...  Small ground like Kotla. 

Guyana Providence is most spin friendly pitch in entire Caribbean.  Highest chase I guess there is India one when we chased 160 odd...  Pant's only good T20I knock came there. 

20 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Tarouba is indeed a bat first pitch...  It goes slower afaik. 

St.  Kitts is also Chasing one...  Small ground like Kotla. 

Guyana Providence is most spin friendly pitch in entire Caribbean.  Highest chase I guess there is India one when we chased 160 odd...  Pant's only good T20I knock came there. 

Under lights, it has been a chasing pitch in CPL. So, it's left to be seen.

So, both semifinals are potentially on  chasing pitches, lol

12 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

England squad is full of openers Buttler, Jacks, bairstaw, salt, ducket

47 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

England squad is full of openers Buttler, Jacks, bairstaw, salt, ducket

Duckett bats in middler order in T20...  So does Jacks for Eng I guess. 

Reckon Salt will open with Buttler..   Jonny at three like he has done before. 

Duckett/Jacks Livingstone 

Edited by Lone Wolf