Justice for rinku

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

But without dube they have 7 bowlers. Too many bowlers hence he is not bowling

I know but if Pandya can bowl first and last overs fir MI to increase his wcup chances..why cant csk give justbover to Dube..like SRH gave to Abhishek Sharma couple of times

15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Because others are  bowlers , they bring their bowling also to the table.

There is no reason to carry a so called one dimensional finisher.

If he could bowl even two or three overs he would be first name on the team.

What so called lol He l iterally finished tight games for India. When India lost 4 wickets in 20th over He hit a six and finished the game.  He batted at 22/4 and made 69. WHy do you one-dimensiona. Just because he is the only finisher it doesn't mean that is the only thing he can do. 

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

What so called lol He l iterally finished tight games for India. When India lost 4 wickets in 20th over He hit a six and finished the game.  He batted at 22/4 and made 69. WHy do you one-dimensiona. Just because he is the only finisher it doesn't mean that is the only thing he can do. 

If he can do anything else he should have done in IPL .

He was left out rightly for Dube.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

How can he do in a line up that has Salt/Narine firing on all cylinders with middle order firing, dre Rus finishing. Why should he do well there when Siraj did zilch?  If IPL is criteria how come MVP stuff from Ruturaj is being ignored.  Statpadder is way below in this list of MVP

GMSFPLBWIAAyj-Ru.jpg

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

He has done for International team...why does a hit n giggle tournament should be a parameter ?

Secondly his competition wasn't Dube ...why we are making it Dube vs Rinku ?

He was dropped because selectors wanted to adjust Jadeja, Axar, Chahal & Pandya. He was crucified to justify one of the above 4's.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Because others are  bowlers , they bring their bowling also to the table.

There is no reason to carry a so called one dimensional finisher.

If he could bowl even two or three overs he would be first name on the team.

Rinku brings fielding as well into the table..he is a very good fielder and catcher. His throwing arm may not be as good...but he is quick on the ground and has taken some good catches on the boundary.

Also, Rinku can bowl. He is not used often but he is as competent as Yashasvi with the ball..very close to Tilak's level.

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

He has done for International team...why does a hit n giggle tournament should be a parameter ?

Secondly his competition wasn't Dube ...why we are making it Dube vs Rinku ?

He was dropped because selectors wanted to adjust Jadeja, Axar, Chahal & Pandya. He was crucified to justify one of the above 4's.

How is he competing with Jadeja, Axar, Chahal or Pandya.

they all will bowl their 4 overs. 

Dube is his direct competition. Rinku has done very well in the chances he got but who is he going replace in the playing XI.

Chahal or him would have been the main discussion and in the end fitting him in playing XI was going to be difficult. So Chahal  won the spot as he can replace any spinner in the team.

4 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Rinku brings fielding as well into the table..he is a very good fielder and catcher. His throwing arm may not be as good...but he is quick on the ground and has taken some good catches on the boundary.

Also, Rinku can bowl. He is not used often but he is as competent as Yashasvi with the ball..very close to Tilak's level.

No denying that he is unlucky to miss out but I don’t see how he can fit into playing XI.

if top order could bowl Rinku walks into the team.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No denying that he is unlucky to miss out but I don’t see how he can fit into playing XI.

if top order could bowl Rinku walks into the team.

Had I been the selector I would have selected only one of Kohli or Rohit..whoever fits the best for my team.

Captaincy is not a problem..SKY or Bumrah would have done it anyway.

The moment we play both...it's either Jaiswal or Rinku one of them has to be axed.

Jaiswal is needed at the top to use powerplay and score runs vs left arm pacers. 

Rinku is needed coz the moment we are in a situation where we have to chase 48 in 4 overs...I really doubt if Pandya or Jadeja would be able to do it by themselves. Dube maybe but his game against fast bowlers is still susceptible, Rinku would have allowed him to tonk spinners while he can take care of fast bowlers.

Edited by singhvivek141
2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

If we play this team.

Rohit

Jaiswal

Kohli

SKY

Dube

Rinku

Jadeja/Axar

Arshdeep

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Siraj/Chahal

We are getting 6 bowlers here...5 main bowlers plus Dube to pitch in like Stoinis 1 or 2 overs (on good day even 3).

This also means that Kohli & Rohit won't be under pressure to hit from ball one..as Jaiswal, SKY, Dube & Rinku all can play at high SR.

Why do we need Pandya in XI when we have Dube ? He can sit on bench.

Where is the wicket keeper in the playing XI. You missed both Pant and Samson.

IMO Pandya’s bowling is better than Dube so he is more likely to bowl his 4 overs and Dube is there in case any bowler is having bad day.

Just now, putrevus said:

Where is the wicket keeper in the playing XI. You missed both Pant and Samson.

IMO Pandya’s bowling is better than Dube so he is more likely to bowl his 4 overs and Dube is there in case any bowler is having bad day.

I realized it later.

The only combo we have is make Rohit sit on bench and play Kohli only or vice versa.

And then include Rinku.

Which also means Kohli can theoretically open the inns with Samson at 3..something which they are doing currently for their teams.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Had I been the selector I would have selected only one of Kohli or Rohit..whoever fits the best for my team.

Captaincy is not a problem..SKY or Bumrah would have done it anyway.

The moment we play both...it's either Jaiswal or Rinku one of them has to be axed.

Jaiswal is needed at the top to use powerplay and score runs vs left arm pacers. 

Rinku is needed coz the moment we are in a situation where we have to chase 48 in 4 overs...I really doubt if Pandya or Jadeja would be able to do it by themselves. Dube maybe but his game against fast bowlers is still susceptible, Rinku would have allowed him to tonk spinners while he can take care of fast bowlers.

I agree Rohit was not needed in the team. Kohli is still good enough in t20 plus he has ability to handle pressure which Rohit does not so making Rohit captain was a mistake.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I realized it later.

The only combo we have is make Rohit sit on bench and play Kohli only or vice versa.

And then include Rinku.

Which also means Kohli can theoretically open the inns with Samson at 3..something which they are doing currently for their teams.

That would have been great squad, Jaiswal and Kohli opening followed by SKY or Samson.

You would have had a great finisher in Rinku so all bases would have been covered.

10 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I realized it later.

And then include Rinku.

This is a bit of a flawed argument. If Kohli really wants to open , they could have accomodated of very easily and made Kohli and Rohit openers. 

Jaiswal does not have the seniority to demand any slot over Kohli 

Kohli has done this previously as well. 

He simply refuses to bat anywhere apart from #3.

He's the sole reason for Rinku not making the squad.

In my X!, both Dube and Rinku will play at 5 and 6, it is no brainer.. We cant have stats padder at this position , we need proper finishers. Jadeja at best can bat at 8. Hardik can be used as floater between 5 and 7 depending on whether India need finishing or not..If good finishing is needed, then I dont want to put my bet on Hardik. 

7 hours ago, putrevus said:

lol what kind of logic is this. People who played well in IPL didn’t do jack as well. He played crucial knocks for India and has best strike rate of all. They could have easily kicked out chahal. Why do we need so many spinners ? We still lack a finisher. Indian selectors know how to waste careers of cricketers. Pandering sharma & kohli and destroying others careers. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This is a bit of a flawed argument. If Kohli really wants to open , they could have accomodated of very easily and made Kohli and Rohit openers. 

Jaiswal does not have the seniority to demand any slot over Kohli 

Kohli has done this previously as well. 

He simply refuses to bat anywhere apart from #3.

He's the sole reason for Rinku not making the squad.

What has chahal done to be included ? We already have 3 spinners. I seen him get belated around so often he doesn’t need to be included. 

Edited by gattaca
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, gattaca said:

What has chahal done to be included ? We already have 3 spinners. I seen him get belated around so often he doesn’t need to be included. 

Chahal doesn't deserve to be there , we don't need 4 spinners. Agreed.

Assuming we get Rinku into the squad instead, how can we play him in the XI given the following constraints. 

Rohit starts as opener and Virat bats at 3 no matter what 

We play 6 bowling options every match. 

Where can he possibly bat in such a XI?

There is only 1 highly unlikely scenario where this can happen 

Edited by Nikhil_cric