pant 

jadeja 

kuldeep 

pandya 

bum 

arshdeep 

siraj , patel , Samson , chahal as 12-15 

what they don’t have - 

explosive firepower in middle order . Kohli has destroyed balance of team and our no 1 t20 player is in reserves - rinku singh . 

we also do not have bowlers who will bat - chahar Deepak or harshit would have been ideal in place of Siraj 

4 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

Dube can bowl so dube vs rinku, dube won.

Samson starting will add firepower but can he play yhe finisher is the question.

This. Dube won because he can bowl. Also, Dube is a spin hitter.  Rinku hits pace better than spin 

Only way Rinku could have made the squad was if  one of the Top 4 was good enough to be a 6th bowler at least. 

41 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Rinku is our match winner in t20 . Taking kohli over him is perhaps the stupidest decision I have seen . Wait till wc unfolds and king  kohli runs singles to be outscored by sixes from other teams . 

If Kohli is available for selection, he can't be dropped. That's the unfortunate situation our country's cricket is in.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They used IPL to reject him. But using the same IPL to select Siraj?  I am not sure it has anything to do with his lack of runs in the IPL

The whole team is designed to accommodate kohli 

if rinku was no 3 , sky 4 , dubs 5 and Samson / pant 6 with axar at 7 and hardick at 8 - it would have been a formidable 6 hitting line up . 

bum plus chinaman with bisnoi would have given wicket taking bowling  options at 9-11 

wc is won by sixes . T20 is . kohli and jadeja limit us and we will loose semis to Aussie or South Africa . 

51 minutes ago, mani sha said:

The whole team is designed to accommodate kohli 

if rinku was no 3 , sky 4 , dubs 5 and Samson / pant 6 with axar at 7 and hardick at 8 - it would have been a formidable 6 hitting line up . 

bum plus chinaman with bisnoi would have given wicket taking bowling  options at 9-11 

wc is won by sixes . T20 is . kohli and jadeja limit us and we will loose semis to Aussie or South Africa . 

Useless Pant should be no where near t20i squads lmao..

66 t20is is not a small sample size. 
If Pant can be selected, literally anyone can get selected.

Dube is AR option but stupid CSK didnt give him any bowling..

I like Kohli but he should have been let go in place of Rinku..

when people have explosive game changing batters at 6-7-8

we have Jaddu Pandu and Kuldeep...

We do not deserve to win.we dont deserve to be in the semis even with poor balanced side..

we may reach semis due to mysterios reasons but..

Eng-Aus-Saf should be semi finalist..the last semi finalist should be one out of WI-NZ..may be Pak

even Pak and Sri Lanka will have better balance than us..

20 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Dube is AR option but stupid CSK didnt give him any bowling..

I like Kohli but he should have been let go in place of Rinku..

when people have explosive game changing batters at 6-7-8

we have Jaddu Pandu and Kuldeep...

We do not deserve to win.we dont deserve to be in the semis even with poor balanced side..

we may reach semis due to mysterios reasons but..

Eng-Aus-Saf should be semi finalist..the last semi finalist should be one out of WI-NZ..may be Pak

even Pak and Sri Lanka will have better balance than us..

But without dube they have 7 bowlers. Too many bowlers hence he is not bowling

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is right selection, Rinku will bat maybe 6-10 deliveries on his best day.

Without secondary skill fitting him in playing XI will be always tough.

Dube at least can roll his arm.

10 balls? IN his last internationa match he entered  when India was 22/4 in 5th over

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/afghanistan-in-india-2023-24-1389384/india-vs-afghanistan-3rd-t20i-1389398/full-scorecard

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

10 balls? IN his last internationa match he entered  when India was 22/4 in 5th over

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/afghanistan-in-india-2023-24-1389384/india-vs-afghanistan-3rd-t20i-1389398/full-scorecard

So what? How many did he face in other matches.

In general he will face 6-10 deliveries and without secondary skill he will always be an excess.

Edited by putrevus
13 hours ago, mishra said:

WE havent got a finisher.

Hardik has Ambani Power so he is Bulldozed in.

We are going to styruggle this world cup to make to semis unless Pandya Kohli and Chahal get injury during IPL

Rohit, Kohli and jaddu will script our miserable WC.

33 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So what? How many did he face in other matches.

In general he will face 6-10 deliveries and without secondary skill he will always be an excess.

He is averaging 89 ant a strike rate of 176 lol You have zero reason to drop him

51 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is averaging 89 ant a strike rate of 176 lol You have zero reason to drop him

He played 16 matches only and him having 170 plus SR is not earth shattering as is his high avg.

I don’t think he is a better fit than Dube so it is right call.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He played 16 matches only and him having 170 plus SR is not earth shattering as is his high avg.

I don’t think he is a better fit than Dube so it is right call.

Why do you think he is fighting with Dube. Dube is middle over enforcer. Rinku is the one and only finisher. INdia literally has zero finisher besides him unless you consider Jadeja, Axar, Hardik as finishers.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Why do you think he is fighting with Dube. Dube is middle over enforcer. Rinku is the one and only finisher. INdia literally has zero finisher besides him unless you consider Jadeja, Axar, Hardik as finishers.

Because others are  bowlers , they bring their bowling also to the table.

There is no reason to carry a so called one dimensional finisher.

If he could bowl even two or three overs he would be first name on the team.