Justice for rinku

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

We will revisit Kohli’s place when some other players wins a knockout match for India without him contributing anything.

undue criticism on him. I am watching /following cricket since 1996 as a 10 year old kid. Kohli has won many a knock out matches than any other Indian batter. He is touch above sachin/dhoni in absorbing preassure. if the pitch plays even during the entire 40 overs of t20 in WI, I see kohli doing a magic this time 

I have seen this before and I know how this will unfurl.

Kohli will have another great t20 world cup where he will have a good strike rate and average, he will win us matches against big teams and will also score well in Knockout (with a good str rate), then in one of the knockouts, other players around him (ipl sooperstars) will collectively fail and India will lose the match, after which the low iq idiots on this forum will again start abusing Kohli.

In the 2023 world cup kohli scored 773 runs, we didnt lose even a single match because of his str rate, instead he actually won us group matches vs Aus and Nz. Scored a century in the semis.

In the finals he scored 55(63), the highest run from our side with close to 90 str rate while do kaudi ke ipl sooperstar were failing to get bat on ball and still Kohli was the one getting blamed, these ipl fanboys are so toxic and unreasonable that there's no point arguing

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Kohli will have another great t20 world cup where he will have a good strike rate and average, he will win us matches against big teams and will also score well in Knockout (with a good str rate), then in one of the knockouts, other players around him (ipl sooperstars) will collectively fail and India will lose the match, after which the low iq idiots on this forum will again start abusing Kohli.

In the 2023 world cup kohli scored 773 runs, we didnt lose even a single match because of his str rate, instead he actually won us group matches vs Aus and Nz. Scored a century in the semis.

In the finals he scored 55(63), the highest run from our side with close to 90 str rate while do kaudi ke ipl sooperstar were failing to get bat on ball and still Kohli was the one getting blamed, these ipl fanboys are so toxic and unreasonable that there's no point arguing

Kohli sucked in last two WT20s even by his own low impact standards. And he won one wt20 knockout match for us I guess in his entire career. So your 'another great wt20' sounds like a wish than a prediction 

And the ipl sooperstars iyer and gill are the main reason we passed the semis. Kohli tultuked to his 50th ton on a 350 par score pitch, but ofcourse you'll conviniently ignore it but blame them for finals loss. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Adamant said:

There is no argument regarding his immense ODI contributions. There is also no argument regarding his T20 contributions when the game was different 6-8 yrs ago. He is an ATG.

But here and now, would we be better off with more power-play hitters than accumulators (which is what he is these days)?

Plus, players of his stature are victims of their own successes. They are deified, and being a deity comes with the expectation that you shepherd the team to the finish line in ICC tournaments - win a few cups. You want the adulation? You deliver the goods - regardless of what the rest of the team is doing.

Perhaps, this is the year when Rohit and Kohli take control of the WCT20 final against Australia and finish the job.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Blind worshipping based on records 8 years back is why this guy is still relevant. Nobody denies he will have "good stat" as that is all he cares about now.  We saw that 19th over tapping full tosses for singles to get to his 100 which eventually cost RCB the game. Same last year. Tempo is important.  Not completely halting in modphase and hitting a couple of 4s in the end will give you a decent strike rate. Even Jaddu has such kind of fake strike  rate in T20I last few years. 

5 hours ago, Serpico said:

Kohli sucked in last two WT20s even by his own low impact standards. And he won one wt20 knockout match for us I guess in his entire career. So your 'another great wt20' sounds like a wish than a prediction 

And the ipl sooperstars iyer and gill are the main reason we passed the semis. Kohli tultuked to his 50th ton on a 350 par score pitch, but ofcourse you'll conviniently ignore it but blame them for finals loss. 

Please do not do guess work. 

List of knock out matches he scored and won.

2014 t20 semifinal against SA

2016 t20 virtual quarter final against AUS. one of AUS/IND would only qualify, the famous match against AUS in mohali 

2022 t20. Ind vs zim was a close game. Ind vs PAK was virtual knock out since India lost to South Africa. if you think its a league game, Pakistan lost to ZIM after losing to India. For further evidence, India crashed out of 2021 t20 having lost to PAK followed by NZ, so its no league match by no means.

2016 t20 semis, he scored 89 off 47. 

t20 is increasingly favorable to chasing.  last decade of t20 finals/semis won by teams chasing.  he could have won another knock out if india were to chase in 2022 semis or 2016.

Kohli sucked in last two WT20s even by his own low impact standards

Care to explain with overalll impact? dhoni scored one single knock out  in 2011 final. he failed in 2007,2015 and 2019. Sachin, I don't remember a knock out hundread.

where were the youngsters pandya and pant in 2019 semis ? what was surya Kumar yadava doing in 2021 & 2022? what's the contibution of surya in 2023 final? what was shubman gill doing in 2023 final?  Add one other contribution to Kohli, you would see the trophy drought end. Please back up with data when you thrash players.

55 minutes ago, AKane said:

Rinku missed a chance to diss the selectors in today's match. His team in trouble - he made 9 off of 8 balls with 14 overs to go. Out to Piyush Chawla.......

I don't give a **** about IPL. He performed in Internationals infact excelled in it. SR in 180's and a very healthy average. I have no issues with Dube if he performs but Rinku was a sure shot selection. Fat Fukkk Sharma can fukk off. 

5 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

Please do not do guess work. 

List of knock out matches he scored and won.

2014 t20 semifinal against SA

2016 t20 virtual quarter final against AUS. one of AUS/IND would only qualify, the famous match against AUS in mohali 

2022 t20. Ind vs zim was a close game. Ind vs PAK was virtual knock out since India lost to South Africa. if you think its a league game, Pakistan lost to ZIM after losing to India. For further evidence, India crashed out of 2021 t20 having lost to PAK followed by NZ, so its no league match by no means.

2016 t20 semis, he scored 89 off 47. 

t20 is increasingly favorable to chasing.  last decade of t20 finals/semis won by teams chasing.  he could have won another knock out if india were to chase in 2022 semis or 2016.

Kohli sucked in last two WT20s even by his own low impact standards

Care to explain with overalll impact? dhoni scored one single knock out  in 2011 final. he failed in 2007,2015 and 2019. Sachin, I don't remember a knock out hundread.

where were the youngsters pandya and pant in 2019 semis ? what was surya Kumar yadava doing in 2021 & 2022? what's the contibution of surya in 2023 final? what was shubman gill doing in 2023 final?  Add one other contribution to Kohli, you would see the trophy drought end. Please back up with data when you thrash players.

So I was right, he won us 1(one) KO match out of 6 WT20s he played! Surely the greatest ever to play the game. 

Gill played a fine innings in the semis, much better than whatever kohli did in 2011 semis. Blaming pant for his first KO in 2019, but the superstar captain gets away Scott free in your books. It took 4 world cups for kohli to win us a ko match and even in that match he scored the slow stat padding innings on a road. This is the data. One good ko innings across 4 odi worldcups and one match winning ko in 6 wt20s. An over hyped stat padder 

42 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

I don't give a **** about IPL. He performed in Internationals infact excelled in it. SR in 180's and a very healthy average. I have no issues with Dube if he performs but Rinku was a sure shot selection. Fat Fukkk Sharma can fukk off. 

IPL unfortunately is the basis of selection.... esp since it is right before the WC.

Is it too much to ask Rinku to score a 30? Not in this IPL he has not.

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

That's all it takes to etch your legacy. Everything else is forgiven. For better or for worse that is the name of the game.

did he do it alone or did gambhir contribute?  when india won with others contributing, why are we expecting kohli to alone win a final or knock out?

3 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

why are we expecting kohli to alone win a final or knock out?

Like I said before "for better or for worse, that is the name of the game." IOW, whether you deem it fair or unfair, it comes with the territory of being a demigod.

You want the status? You walk the walk.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Serpico said:

So I was right, he won us 1(one) KO match out of 6 WT20s he played! Surely the greatest ever to play the game. 

Gill played a fine innings in the semis, much better than whatever kohli did in 2011 semis. Blaming pant for his first KO in 2019, but the superstar captain gets away Scott free in your books. It took 4 world cups for kohli to win us a ko match and even in that match he scored the slow stat padding innings on a road. This is the data. One good ko innings across 4 odi worldcups and one match winning ko in 6 wt20s. An over hyped stat padder 

You are wrong. Knock out is also a  virtual quarter final which takes team to semis.

Ind vs AUS in t20 2016 was a virtual knock out.

India vs Australia, 31st Match, Super 10 Group 2 at Mohali, , Mar 26 2016 - Full Scorecard

RESULT
31st Match, Super 10 Group 2 (D/N), Mohali, March 27, 2016, World T20

India  (T: 161 runs from 20 ovs)
BATTING   R B M 4s 6s SR
b Watson 12 17 25 1 0 70.58
c Khawaja b Coulter-Nile 13 12 16 1 1 108.33
not out  82 51 78 9 2 160.78
c †Nevill b Watson 10 7 9 1 0 142.85
c Watson b Faulkner 21 18 31 1 1 116.66
not out  18 10 29 3 0 180.00
Extras (lb 3, w 2) 5

what else could kohli have done in an other knock out in 2016 t20 semis ? He scored in knock out

India  (20 ovs maximum)
BATTING   R B M 4s 6s SR
lbw b Badree 43 31 29 3 3 138.70
c Bravo b Russell 40 35 68 2 0 114.28
not out  89 47 63 11 1 189.36
not out  15 9 24 1 0 166.66
Extras (lb 1, nb 2, w 2) 5

Gill played a fine innings in the semis, much better than whatever kohli did in 2011 semis.

Young kohli scored a crucial 35 building a partnership in 2011 World world cup  final where as Gill threw away his wicket in 2023 final on his home ground(a nothing shot) 

the superstar captain gets away Scott free in your books

No. he is a dud in 2015 semis. 2019 semis. He got unlucky, the lbw was umpires call with the ball tracker showing almost going above barely clipping the bails. 

2023 World Cup final. 

Him and rohit were the sole contributors in a sluggish pitch in 2023 worldcup final. 

Kohli was set for another 100 and was anchoring this beautifully. Cummins comes on and picks up one of the most important wickets of his career. Kohli b Cummins 54(63) [4s-4]

Since you are accusing Kohli to be stat padder, let me give you his contribution in an other ICC final(2013 champions trophy final which India won). Mind you, it was a low scoring match. 

India  (20 ovs maximum)
BATTING   R B M 4s 6s SR
b Broad 9 14 18 1 0 64.28
c Tredwell b Bopara 31 24 40 2 1 129.16
c Bopara b Anderson 43 34 66 4 1 126.47
c Morgan b Tredwell 6 11 10 0 0 54.54
c Cook b Bopara 1 6 3 0 0 16.66
c Tredwell b Bopara 0 4 3 0 0 0.00
not out  33 25 35 2 2 132.00
run out (Bell) 1 1 5 0 0 100.00
not out  1 1 2 0 0 100.00
Extras (w 4) 4

Edited by mikeypbadana86
6 hours ago, AKane said:

Rinku missed a chance to diss the selectors in today's match. His team in trouble - he made 9 off of 8 balls with 14 overs to go. Out to Piyush Chawla.......

What did Rohit do or Pandya do? The problem with their logic is They have backed all the guys who did terribly in IPL and used "IPL barometer" only for select people. So basically it is not IPL performance they use. If they had used they would have picked Sandeep Sharma, Natrajan, not ARshdeep /Siraj. They selectively used IPL to reject certain players They selectively ignored IPL stat to back many usual suspects. You would be backing Ruturaj over Rohiit if they strictly look at IPL as he was the best Indian batsman in this IPL edition.

Screenshot-2024-05-03-163706.png

Doesnt matter who has done what where.

Bottom line we havent won a single ICC trophy in the last decade. We should have won 2014 t20 wc but Yuvi messed up there. One no-ball messed up entire CT 17. WC23 if only Rohit had batted 10 more overs. 

11 hours ago, Serpico said:

Sachin got man of the series in 2003 worldcup despite failing in the final. was he stat padding?

Kohli was 35 years old  when he topped 2023 worldcup with a century in semis and half century in final. You label  him as stat padder?  Had rohit played stat padding innings in the final instead of throwing his wicket away, we would have won the 2023 worldcup.(not my view, Sunil gavaskar repeatedly labelled robot's shot  as greedy having scored 6 and 4 already against Maxwell, if he had the skill to stat pad like kohli in final, there is no way India would have lost the match ) 

Historically rated as one of the best knocks in final, this is aravinda desilvas score in 1996 final against AUS in final. 107 off 122. Kohli all through out the 2023 worldcup maintained strike rate of 90 and batted through the innings. 

not out  107 124 176 13 0 86.29

My case rests since I can't argue with a blind hater.

18 hours ago, Serpico said:

LOL at GILL being the reason for semi win. Kohli was given a specific role and he excelled at it throughout the tournament, not everyone plays the same way, we won thr nz match by a big enough margin so pls stop giving excuses 

Kohli has won us the semis of wt20 14, best batsmen in the finals then won us virtual ko vs aus then best bat in semis,  won two MOTM, he has done more than your 2 kaudi ke ipl sooperstars can dream of. 

Also Gill is an under 19 lad he is not an ipl sooperstar. 

I still don't understand how people like you delude themselves. 

18 hours ago, Serpico said:

Also in the last wt20 he played one bad knock in the semis, but was aldo the reason we reached there in the first place. 

Before that, our whole team failed in 2021, so no point blaming just one person who actually stood up vs Pakistan while others surrendered 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Also in the last wt20 he played one bad knock in the semis, but was aldo the reason we reached there in the first place. 

Before that, our whole team failed in 2021, so no point blaming just one person who actually stood up vs Pakistan while others surrendered 

you are spot on. 2021 t20 india crashed out of t20 worldcup having lost to Pakistan and the preassure mounted in next match.

2022 t20 , had we not won against Pakistan again, ind vs zim  ended up close game . we lost to South Africa as well . 

Kohli was the second highest in runs/strike rate, next to payday with Rahul/rohit/surya Kumar yadava failing big time. The pitch was better under lights and played slow in the first innings.