What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

Just finished Personal History by Katharine Graham. Interesting book. Sections about her husband Phil Graham, Pentagon Papers, Watergate and about her being the only woman in the top echelons of newspaper publishing in America for many decades are really worth reading.

Also finished Origins of the Second World War by AJP Taylor. Fascinating read. A completely different and rather controversial point of view regarding events leading up to the war. I don't agree with some the stuff in it, mainly because it seems too much of an excuse for everything done by Hitler in the mid 1930s and lays too much blame on the allies for not acting/not stopping Hitler (I agree with this but the book lays too much blame on them IMO) but still I would say its a must read for anyone interested in WW2. p.s. Some knowledge of WW1 would be useful while reading this book.

finished the Martian by Weir' date='it reads like a movie script but was an entertaining and fun read.[/quote'] I tried reading this book but found that it focused a lot on science and sci-fi related stuff and less on characters and story. I stopped after about 30 pages. I like stories which are more character driven.

'We are not the first' by UFO Scientist Andrew Tomas. Book is available free online at http://www.unicusmagazine.com/PDF/tomas_andrew_-_we_are_not_the_first.pdf ( Saving and opening file in PDF reader instead of browser is better ). I am generally curious whether Human progression is linear or not i.e at any given point in time, is it absolutely a given that the then science is more advanced than at any point earlier ? This goes back to the time when I read an article about Pyramids in Egypt and how much science the builders needed to know to build it ( and even now some aspects are a mystery with current science ). This book is for people that are into this sort of stuff ( has good references to India - Vedas and all, China, Greece,etc )