Fielding in our last 3 matches : Something is not right!!

Sachinism

I agree.. we have suddenly turned into a college level fielding unit whereas we have been improving our fielding in the last few years.. something is really creepy and wrong with the fielding at least.. never expected such crap fielding and catching for 3 consecutive matches .. Mike Young is unlucky maybe :dontknow:

Fielding in our last 3 matches - a real cause of concern We were a completely different fielding side as soon as we went on ground for the first Ind-SL T20 match and we were dropping dollies. I thought that it was just a lottery cricket and thats fine as they were not concentrating on T20. But then in the second T20, we became even a worse fielding unit and I still thought it was still ok as those were T20. But today I am really pissed off with our fielding. Even in ODI we are fielding pathetic. I literally mean PATHETIC. I have never in my life seen so many catches being dropped in consecutive matches. Even in the 90s we were fielding better than this. We have dropped more than a dozen catches in the last 3 matches and that is really a big cause of concern. Our ground fielding has also been very bad except for some run outs by GOD. Frankly speaking I am more concerned about our fielding more than the bowling. It seems we have come full circle now. We improved our fielding in the last few years and were nearly a very good fielding side after the likes of UV, Raina, Veeru, Gauti, Jadeja etc. had come into the side. But now even these guys are dropping easy catches and that is seriously hurting. I am not sure but this Young seems to be unlucky. I am not sure but something is surely wrong. :((

Can't quite make out how things could so suddenly have gone this bad
I also could not understand this sudden shift of gears.. we were a decent fielding unit upto the test matches but suddenly in the first T20 match we started fielding like college teams rather than a national team .. dont know if its a coincidence or bad luck but this happened as soon as Mike Young was appointed the fielding coach.. at least in Robin Singh's time we did not drop so many catches .. will Young also be fired soon :giggle:

Plz take the pain of Answering my Queriies!! After watching CT 2009 then AUS ODI series and now the series against Lanka..i have few questions!! Is this team[ODI] worst ever fielding side in Indian history?? We were always knwn as a poor fielding side..but we were good catchers!! Cant we see any bowler beyond Nehra and Praveen Kumar?? Nehra may have played well agnst aus..but 8 out of 10 times his bowling fails !! He gets hammered due to lack of pitching the balls of same line and length!! Then less we talk about his fielding the beter it is!! His casual and Laid back attitude towards cricket is not only bringing trouble to our race for Supremacy!! PK is gud on tracks that has some help for seamers!! But these days all tracks are flat ..particularly in India!! This guy lacks pace and any descent batsman can hit him out of the ground!! When we are playin 5 Bowlers y the eff Dhoni continues to bowl part timers like Yuvi and Raina?? There are always talks abt Youngsters lifting the fielding of a side..but y do our fileders continue to let the ball go throgh their legs and drops sitters..when we have players as young as Kohli,Rohit,Jadeja,Raina?? When our batting is so good and bowling is so crap..Y dont we craete gud wickets that has got sumthng in it for the bowlers?? Are we going anywhere with this fielding and bowling?? Will this win do anygud to our ever ignorant attitude towards fielding??

i agree.even the youngsters r dropping sitters.wtf is Mike Young doing?he should be stern.we have showed hastiness in removing Prasad n Robin but there r no replacements yet. as for bowlers,nobody is consistently good except Zak n Bhajji.thats why i feel we got to have Irfan.his batting is good n fielding dependable.his bowling is no worse than these guys.

Ojha is a disgrace for his age' date=' the man can't move. Tendulkar is more agile than him in this age.[/quote'] That is the best thing about Sachin. He has never been a Mark Waugh or Ricky Ponting on the field. Same time he has never been a Munaf Patel or Nehra on the field. He is always quicker than most of our players. I really really hate to say it. But India needs to create an extra space for kaif just for fielding. This is getting beyond ridiculous. They can use him as 12th man.