Yusuf in ODI squad; Gambhir, Zaheer ruled out

Prudent

so u r tellling me they just considered that game n ignored thier List A records,thier FC form n all. it wasnt as if Pandey completely failed.he scored a brisk 43 iirc
But pandey didn't score a double century in duleep trophy and may be selectors want him to see more before selecting as this is his first season. Nayar has been around now for 3-4 season so his experience might have gone in his favor.
But pandey didn't score a double century in duleep trophy and may be selectors want him to see more before selecting as this is his first season. Nayar has been around now for 3-4 season so his experience might have gone in his favor.
Nayar also didnt score a 100 in the final of Ranji trophy in seaming condition while chasing. as for experience if that was the reason,guys like Kohli n Raina wouldnt have debuted as early as they did if that was the case. in experience n List A records both,Shikhar Dhawan is better than Nayar n he also scored 70 v SA in tour game.so why is Shikhar not in if Nayar's bowling isnt considered
Is he any good? Or strange call up? I feel Chawla maybe the all rounder we are looking for in odis
hes good for ODIs.accurate n uses his height well.doesnt spin it much though. Chawla has a tendency of leaking runs.he needs to correct it b4 being recalled
Nayar also didnt score a 100 in the final of Ranji trophy in seaming condition while chasing. as for experience if that was the reason,guys like Kohli n Raina wouldnt have debuted as early as they did if that was the case. in experience n List A records both,Shikhar Dhawan is better than Nayar n he also scored 70 v SA in tour game.so why is Shikhar not in if Nayar's bowling isnt considered
You are arguing for the sake of it :wall: :wall2: let me reply you one last time. In high profile domestic matches ( ranji SF, final , duleep and BP-Xi) Nayar- Ranji semifinal century Duleep trophy double century century against SA in tour match total : 2 centuries Pandey: ranji final - century Dhavan: :dontknow: If you are selector and you want to select a batsman purely on these performances . who would you select?
You are arguing for the sake of it :wall: :wall2: let me reply you one last time. In high profile domestic matches ( ranji SF, final , duleep and BP-Xi) Nayar- Ranji semifinal century Duleep trophy double century century against SA in tour match total : 2 centuries Pandey: ranji final - century Dhavan: :dontknow: If you are selector and you want to select a batsman purely on these performances . who would you select?
u r giving incomplete info.Pandey was the highest scorer of the season.all of them couldnt have come in one match. n u cant ignore List A performances like that.why play them if they r not gonna be used for ODI selection? Dhawan also scored 70 runs v SA,thats not a bad performance surely? P.S. gotta go now.will reply later to whatever u reply
Because we dont consider his overall list A average for national squad selection. Its always been first class performances i.e Ranji' date=' Duleep trophy and tour matches are considered for selection and he has done very well in Batting this season. Hope you understand this simple thing.[/quote'] I'm sure everybody understands this, but may not necessarily agree with it. If a batsman cannot score runs at a reasonable average against sub-international bowlers on often flat wickets, then what hope do they have for a prolonged ODI career. FC/Test cricket bares little relationship to OD/ODI cricket when assessing the capabilities for the latter - the issues such as time pressure, field placings and general mentality regarding speed of scoring mean that you should not use one to justify selection for the other.
what is is with these selectors that they are so stingy in picking batsmen. They are just about picking the bare minimum batsmen and even if one fails' date=' there's no scope for replacement[/quote'] you see boss, since the BCCI is one of the poorest boards around... they need to think twice before giving the meal-allowances for an extra player.

It is a good team selection IMHO. Kohli and Raina have proved their worth in the ODI side. Both have ODI 100s. Yousuf- I think he will smash the hell out of SA. Nayar- Did not see much of him. Impressive in IPL. Jadeja- Can be a useful left arm spinner and a lower order batsman. He should forget about the nasty ban that he got in IPL. Ashwin – In place of Bhajji and is in because of good display in domestic cricket. He also did well in the SZ vs WZ match. Mishra- In my opinion Ojha should have been picked for ODIs. I think Sachin and Sehwag should open. It will be like the Dada-Sachin combination of the early 2000s. Then Kohli, Raina, Dhoni, Yousuf, Nayar, Jadeja should follow in that order. Zaks won’t be there so Nehra and Sreesanth should be the pace bowlers. It would be a toss up between Ashwin and Mishra. I think Mishra would get the nod because of his good showing in the ongoing test.

Injured Zaheer to miss ODI series India have been dealt a jolt ahead of the one-day series with news that Zaheer Khan has been ruled out with a muscle strain in his leg. The Indian board named Sreesanth as his replacement. Zaheer, who did not take the field on day five of the Kolkata Test, pulled up with what appeared a painful right knee after bowling one over during the afternoon session on day four yesterday, and did not return to bowl on the final day as India attempted to square the series. Prior to walking off the field yesterday, Zaheer had stepped off on a couple of occasions for treatment. Zaheer, 31, made his international comeback for the Tests against Sri Lanka late last year having recovered from the injury he sustained during the 2009 IPL. He featured in the tri-series in Bangladesh last month as well as the two Tests there. Zaheer's fitness will undoubtedly be monitored closely considering the third season of the IPL is a few weeks away. http://www.cricinfo.com/indvrsa2010/content/current/story/448837.html